2nd adjustment...oyyyyyy

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

WiredOldLady

2nd adjustment...oyyyyyy

#1 Post by WiredOldLady »

Well...my second adjustment was today. Top just got a couple of tie wires on a couple of teeth, same wire, new ligs. Now...bottom...new wire, new ligs and the evil molar band on the lower right. I'm missing a tooth just in front of my back molar (long story, no insurance), and evidently there wasn't enough movement to make my doc happy so on we went with the molar band. Now the wire is poking me on the left...I'm HOPING I can call the ortho first thing in the morning and they can squeeze me in before Thanksgiving. As usual, my teeth do not meet at all again so eating is going to be interesting.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
Braces off on 8/26/14 after a year!

Lorianne

Re: 2nd adjustment...oyyyyyy

#2 Post by Lorianne »

ugh, drats! those really are horrible. I have two and they've caused me nothing but trouble. Put wax on the insides. It's hard to get it to stick, but keep persevering. I rub it and almost fuse it to my teeth and it helps cut down on the rubbing dramatically. At this point my tongue still just hurts but at least it's not getting worse.

jtsang

#3 Post by jtsang »

I have FOUR evil molar bands!! It was horrible to eat the first day.. But once the wire started to align my teeth to the wire, the discomfort greatly reduced. But yes.. Wax wax wax!!!

Siobhan

#4 Post by Siobhan »

WiredOldLady - we must be on the same schedule. I'm also 2 months, 3 weeks in and I had my second adjustment yesterday. I had new upper wire, new ligs and one stubborn tooth was tied. A couple of the bottom are still tied and the same (does it seem right that it wasn't changed?) powerchain. When I left, she wished me a happy Thanksgiving and hoped I wouldn't be in too much pain :shock: Teeth still don't meet thanks to the lovely bite turbos.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Stick to the mashed potatoes!

WiredOldLady

#5 Post by WiredOldLady »

Yeah, I'm thinking mashed potatoes and gravy...and booze!!! My top jaw doesn't really hurt at all, but man...the lower!

Siobhan, I think you and I are just a day apart. How long is your sentence? Mine is 15-18 months.

Siobhan

#6 Post by Siobhan »

Yes to booze! The best thing about having braces as an adult.

WiredOldLady, I have an 18 month sentence. I think this may be optimistic as there's an impacted canine to deal with. I hope your sentence is closer to 15.

WiredOldLady

#7 Post by WiredOldLady »

Me too! I'm baking my usual assortment of cookies right now, but I'm thinking after that its time for some wine...unless I can get someone to get some orange juice...then it's TEQUILA night!

I can see this wire going back to the molar band on the right (where the tooth is missing) is going to be a lot of fun. NOT!

Siobhan

#8 Post by Siobhan »

That definitely calls for tequila.

Good luck with the baking and the molar band. Ouch.

Lorianne

#9 Post by Lorianne »

mmm, mashed potatoes and tequila...I'm in too! :jump:

kids041

#10 Post by kids041 »

I am thinking wine sounds very yummy right now... I still have so much baking/cooking/ and cleaning for tomorrow. :/

JeniK

#11 Post by JeniK »

Had my 3rd adjustment Monday. Same wire ...top and bottom. 4 wire ties on teeth that need rotated and are stubborn. Ouch...is the word of the week!!
Booze sounds good! But I have no cooking or cleaning to do. My husband and I both work tomorrow. I have an extremly short day...but he has a full day. We are going out to eat when he gets off. So all is good!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! :heart:

WiredOldLady

#12 Post by WiredOldLady »

No drinking tonight...but thinking tomorrow will be the day! Did a bunch of baking...yum. Think I need to call my ortho on Friday...that wire is poking the daylights out of me on the left side. I'll get thru tomorrow but hopefully they can get me in on Friday.

KevalP

#13 Post by KevalP »

Ah :(

Horrible things those are, just wait till you get your power chains and rubber bands on :) haha

WiredOldLady

#14 Post by WiredOldLady »

I think rubber bands are in my near future...like next adjustment.

My ortho is a rockstar...I called the office Friday morning to see if I could get seen for the wire. They were closed BUT my ortho called me back and offered to meet me at his office to fix the problem. Poor guy was in the middle of a hot water heater mess (and 5 kids) but still fixed my mouth.

The molar band is driving me CRAZY!!! It's pinching in the back...like I can feel it rubbing on the gum. This too shall pass, right?

jtsang

#15 Post by jtsang »

WiredOldLady wrote:I think rubber bands are in my near future...like next adjustment.

My ortho is a rockstar...I called the office Friday morning to see if I could get seen for the wire. They were closed BUT my ortho called me back and offered to meet me at his office to fix the problem. Poor guy was in the middle of a hot water heater mess (and 5 kids) but still fixed my mouth.

The molar band is driving me CRAZY!!! It's pinching in the back...like I can feel it rubbing on the gum. This too shall pass, right?
I had pinching from my molar bands.. So bad, it was causing an ulcer in only two days. I went back to have those bad boys grind down and smoothe out.. It's didn't get better right away as my cheeks were raw but wax and cotton balls (only in a clean mouth and I take it out during eating and sleeping) over the offending areas allowed my cheeks to heal and it was better in about 4-5 days.