Starting Invisalign Again?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

thatchick

Starting Invisalign Again?

#1 Post by thatchick »

Hello all!
I had put a post last August when I initially got my invisalign on. Due to some health problems I was unable to do Invisalign then and had to stop treatment the day after getting them.

I went in for my Dental cleaning today and my Dentist asked me if I was doing better. I have been doing much better since then! :) She then asked if I wanted to start my invisalign again. I of course said yes since they already are paid for and the appearance of my crooked teeth have been bothering me a lot lately.
She then told me to wear my first 3 sets of aligners and I will go back in 6 weeks to have everything checked out.

I started wearing my aligners again today after my cleaning. When I initially received my aligner last year that had done IPR on my lower and also had placed 8 attachments. I am trying my invisalign out for the first 6 weeks to see if I can handle the invisalign now so I will probably get my attachments back on in 6 weeks. I hated the attachments the last time I received them so I am not looking forward to that! Especially since a couple of my attachments are very noticeable. Well the ones on my canines are. I have 13 trays for lower and upper.

When I was younger I had metal braces for 3 1/2 years with a lower expander. A couple years ago my permanent lower retainer came off and I did not go back to get it fixed. Since then my lower teeth have started to get crowded and that has pushed forward my two upper teeth in front. Teeth move so fast back to its original position. Although my teeth have shifted a little bit compared to how my teeth were before my metal braces I want to get it fixed before they go back to their original condition.

I havent told anyone about my invisalign yet. I was wondering if I should tell people or just wait and see if they say anything. I have a slight lisp at the moment and my aligners are very comfortable except for the parts where I need attachments since they stick out on the aligners.
Any body else starting Invisalign?

arciedee

Re: Starting Invisalign Again?

#2 Post by arciedee »

Hi thatchick!

I started my Invisalign 4 weeks ago and am currently on tray 2. According to the schedule I should have gone in this week for my attachments (lots and lots of attachments :x ), but my ortho is on vacation, so I have to wait another week for that. I'm not looking forward to it!

I don't think I told anyone that I got my Invisalign, but I also had no lisp and there are no attachment bubbles on my first two sets, so aside from the power ridges on my incisors I think it is pretty much invisible. I may bring it up once I get my attachments, depending on how obvious they are. Most people know I've had something going on with my teeth because I was wearing a fixed appliance and elastics over the summer, so they wouldn't be surprised and I'd rather just get it out there that any funny bumps on my teeth are because of that so we can move on to other topics. We shall see!

Anyway, best of luck to you. The six months will fly by, I'm sure (I'm totally jealous!) and it will be worth it to have your nice straight smile back!

thatchick

#3 Post by thatchick »

Hi arciedee!

I just put my second tray on today. It sure does feel tight. Did you end up getting your attachments on last week? How long is your treatment going to be?

Good luck with your treatment Invisalign buddy :)

arciedee

#4 Post by arciedee »

Hi thatchick!

I did get my attachments last week. Not all of them... only the first 18 :shock: ! My front teeth won't get them until closer to the end of treatment, which is fine with me! They're not nearly as bad as I was fearing. I decided not to tell people about them just to see if I'd get funny looks. I didn't. In fact, the day after I got them one of my coworkers was like, "So when are you going to get your Invisalign?" The attachments on my canines are noticeable if you get within a few feet of me, but apparently no one is looking.

My total sentence is 44 trays, so over a year and a half, and who knows about refinements. Definitely a long road, but it will be worth it.

I hope that you're doing well with your new tray and that the tightness goes away soon. So far I've only noticed it for the first day or two of a new tray... or if I leave a tray out for too long!