Almost brace day!! 11 hours to go!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Stef

Almost brace day!! 11 hours to go!!

#1 Post by Stef »

It's almost brace day!, In 11 hours, I'll be a metal mouth. SO excited!!

We had a great day today eating some things that you guys say that I'll miss, especially until I get used to the braces. I had pickle rolls for lunch. Yum! We grilled steak, roasted potatoes, and corn on the Cobb for dinner with a coke! I also made sure that I had an apple and bit into it with my front teeth and had also had some caramel this past weekend. I've also been rubbing my teeth with my tounge while they are still brace free. Thanks for all of the advise so far. Glad to have you guys with me through this journey! :BigTeethGrin:

thisgal201

Re: Almost brace day!! 11 hours to go!!

#2 Post by thisgal201 »

Woo hoo! It won't be long now :thumbsup:
[/url]

chichi

#3 Post by chichi »

Haha you really went all out, didn't you? Good luck today!
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Lorianne

#4 Post by Lorianne »

Stef! how are you and how'd it go today??? I know, feels so weird right? like you have stuff sticking completely out of your mouth! lol. it'll get much much better, don't worry.

Matilda

#5 Post by Matilda »

Yay!

Stef

#6 Post by Stef »

I'm a metal mouth! :)

Gums are a little aggravated but not too bad. We ended up only doing top braces today because my bite needs to improve to make room for the bottoms. Had we put braces the bottom, my top teeth would be sitting on my lower brackets. I'm kind of glad. Less to get used to all at once, right?

I went allll out with teal and hot pink bands. I have a little wire poking me in the back in both sides but I'm hoping when my cheeks chill out, they'll stop bothering me. If not, I'll have to get them clipped as my next appt isn't until Jan. 6th. All of my brackets except 4 have hooks for bands. I guess that's normal, I just didn't expect so many. Lol
All in all, I'm a happy girl! :)

msw

#7 Post by msw »

Way to go, Stef!

Welcome to the club! :frogbraces:

thatchick

#8 Post by thatchick »

Thats Great! How are you feeling now? Hopefully the soreness is at a minimum!

chichi

#9 Post by chichi »

Congrats Stef! Hope you're not feeling too much discomfort today!
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

GoDores

#10 Post by GoDores »

I love how you went all out eating all those foods! Totally gave me the idea to do the same! My spacers go in tomorrow and braces on next Wednesday! Sounds like steak for dinner tonight with some yummy, crunchy, crusty bread!

Hope you've adjusted well-as a newbie just a few weeks behind you, I'd love to hear how you are doing!

sirwired

#11 Post by sirwired »

Yeah, most everybody starts out with a little poking. If your teeth overlap, that'll disappear in a hurry; if there wasn't a little extra "slack" your wire (especially the thin, flexible starting wires) would pop out of the tube that it sits in back there. (If the ortho is closing a gap, you'll need a trim pretty soon.)

Pretty much everybody gets hooks on all teeth except the front four so the ortho doesn't have to install hooks or new brackets later if you need rubber bands.