Ortho removing braces tomorrow. Please advice (PICS)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cadet

Ortho removing braces tomorrow. Please advice (PICS)

#1 Post by Cadet »

Went in to see my orthodontist today, and well, he asked me to tell him what else I wanted to change.
I told him if he thinks my front teeth are straight as they can get, then I'm happy.
He suggested and insisted that my teeth look great, bite is fixed, and told me he's very happy with them and told me I'm ready to remove them tomorrow.

He trimmed the front just a little bit and told me tomorrow once my braces are removed, they can touch up on anything that's left.
I'll be very honest in saying that I am not 100% happy with my teeth! but most people tell me they look great.
Problem is my initial ortho left the country and I'm paying my current one on every check up.
It is being very costly for me; he lives quiet far(but is one of the best), and my teeth are extremely stubborn. They take forever to move. I'm sort of tired of having my braces as I work with customers very often, etc.
I do like my teeth 100 times more than before.
I just am not 100% happy.

What do you think of my teeth. Please be honest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cadet

Re: Ortho removing braces tomorrow. Please advice (PICS)

#2 Post by Cadet »

Here is a before pic
http://i.imgur.com/E4YZiyt.jpg

thisgal201

#3 Post by thisgal201 »

Honestly... I think they look fantastic! :) I would be very proud to show off those teeth :mrgreen:
[/url]

Cadet

#4 Post by Cadet »

thisgal201 wrote:Honestly... I think they look fantastic! :) I would be very proud to show off those teeth :mrgreen:
Really??
Honestly makes me feel very good to hear that!!!
Thankkk you !!!

msw

#5 Post by msw »

I think they look great, Cadet. Honestly. Is your your midline centered? I can't tell from your pictures. But from what I do see, I would be very pleased! :thumbsup:

sirwired

#6 Post by sirwired »

Your arch looks fine. Your lower jaw is canted, but I imagine that's hard to correct with just braces.

Anna5

#7 Post by Anna5 »

I think your teeth look great!

JeniK

#8 Post by JeniK »

I agree with all of the above!! Look great!!

starfish88

#9 Post by starfish88 »

Hi. I Think I'm getting my braces off the same day as you! (Today for me but could still be tomorrow for you depending on where you live!) Your teeth look amazing! I would be totally happy with those teeth. They look really white too! Good luck!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

Lorianne

#10 Post by Lorianne »

ditto what they all said! they look beautiful to me!!

Catlady

#11 Post by Catlady »

I see no problems with your teeth.. they look stunning!! :mrgreen: Once the braces are off, they look 100% better! Please give us pictures when there off!!

Cadet

#12 Post by Cadet »

Hello again everyone,

Just back from the Ortho and I am actually VERY pleased with how they look!!!
So so different and much nicer.
VERY good day for me.
As a former smoker (quit 4 months ago) my teeth are stained and yellow. Going to take care of that in 10 days :D

Some pics ofcourse
Critique and please be honest with me
Brace face days are over for me say all!

Thank you guys in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

starfish88

#13 Post by starfish88 »

Your teeth look great! So straight and even. And your bite looks great too! They will look even better when you get them cleaned/whitened (whatever you are planning in 10 days!)

How did you find de-bracing? I don't envy you having to get all those ceramics off! Ouch! Are you in retainers now? How are you going with them? Best of luck!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

Cadet

#14 Post by Cadet »

starfish88 wrote:Your teeth look great! So straight and even. And your bite looks great too! They will look even better when you get them cleaned/whitened (whatever you are planning in 10 days!)

How did you find de-bracing? I don't envy you having to get all those ceramics off! Ouch! Are you in retainers now? How are you going with them? Best of luck!
Thank you so much! Yes I shall post some more update pics then.

It was a little uncomfortable but my ortho was very quick with removing the ceramics. The front tooth seemed to hurt more when getting debraced.
Removing the glue was also a pain, lots of weird noises and there was a lot of cleaning to do which added to the discomfort. All in all it was not horrible, and the joy of knowing that you will walk out with no braces makes it worth while.

I have permanent retainers on the back of my upper and lower 6 teeth, and I will get my see through retainers later today to put on at night time only.
I am a little scared that the retainers won't hold the teeth properly, but I guess that's me being paranoid.
I also have my wisdom teeth growing and asked my ortho if that may cause my teeth to crowd, but he re assured me that the retainers on the back are holding my teeth in place, and the ones I'll put on at night will make it so that there is no way my teeth will shift again.

I appreciate the comments I hope your teeth look better than how you want them to when you're done :)

thisgal201

#15 Post by thisgal201 »

:jump: Wonderful smile! :)
[/url]