Beckyboo in Braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

beckyboo0205

Re: Beckyboo in Braces

#121 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Ahh to get a colored powerchain or to not get a colored powerchain!?

I'm pretty sure tomorrow's appointment is going to be a WHAMMY! I know I am getting a big ol wire... the thickest you can have... plus a full powerchain I think. I've only had a 4 toothed powerchain. I said that I wanted to get a color when I got a FULL powerchain just because... to try it out but now I'm not sure... I have to face the in-laws in braces for the first time soon and do I want to do it looking like a teenager with colored braces!? "Ok maybe not." But I can't do it next appt either because we are going to Hawaii! So then I changed my mind again and now I might do it. I think I'll only go light blue if they have it... if not, maybe I'll just stick to silver like I've had. Silver's a color too I guess. ha

Anyhow, big wire, full chain, AND I think this is the dreaded elastics month. I think those will begin also. So a triple whammy...

On the bright side, I MAY get my bite blocker whatchamacallits off... he's been saying it for a few months now but it's all depended on my bite. I'm still not sure if it's right but we'll see.

AND!!! AND!!! My gap will definately be closed this month... probably in like 2 days! It's so close I can't believe it! It seems so weird. My gap looks so huge when I look back just a few months ago.

TMJJill

#122 Post by TMJJill »

I say go with whatever color makes you feel good when you are there. I didn't get a choice on my first powerchains. They automatically put on clear. I was in pain (lots of movement quickly) and nobody realized why. With the colors, I could make it evident. Plus, the colors just made me feel better. There was nothing wrong with clear, but I loved my navy chains the best. Light blue was my next favorite. It didn't show as much though. My chains were behind the wires anyway so they never stood out too much though.

Sounds like you have a lot of excitement coming. Just focus on having fun and owning the braces.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

beckyboo0205

#123 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Well this appointment was a Whammy, just in a different way! I guess don't count your "new wire and elastics" chickens before they hatch.

I didn't get a new wire or elastics, though I'm not sure why on the wire... shoulda asked I suppose. But I got a full powerchain on top AND Bottom! He decided to do some IPR on my bottom teeth which I totally didn't expect. And powerchained me. So I decided to get my light blue there on the bottom and silver again on top. Though I didn't think about how the bottom powerchain wouldn't be as stretched-looking as the top since the brackets are closer together so it looked different than what I was expecting. But it's ok.

I also got my crazy bite things off like I hoped! Glad to have them off but not fun getting them off. I felt like he was going to rip my tooth out! I guess he just grabbed them with some tool and sorta twisted. First one wasn't bad... second one hurt and seemed like my tooth would come with. But now they are off and my teeth feel good and smooth again. But it definately felt weird closing my teeth for the first time. They usually hit on those things and this time my teeth just felt like they were floating in air. That sounds weird I guess. Haven't eaten with them off yet though so that'll be fun! Better go do that before my teeth start to hurt!

Chicken

#124 Post by Chicken »

It must almost be time for a new progress photo? :D

beckyboo0205

#125 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Yes it's been 2-1/2 months since my last picture so here ya go!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chicken

#126 Post by Chicken »

You can see a huge difference. Now that is what I call progress. Your teeth are looking great and your space is tiny. Going going gone! :D

beckyboo0205

#127 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Ughh wire is poking me... I made sure to have them cut the wire at the last appointment because it was long but not really that pokey exactly. Well they cut it but now it seems pokier! What the heck!?

I still have 5 weeks to go for my next appointment... and no, I can't just stop into my ortho to get it cut cause I 1) live remote and 2) my ortho doesn't in live in town.

Chicken

#128 Post by Chicken »

Does wax help. If not can you bend it a bit so it's away from where it is poking you. Maybe you can call your ortho for advice. I hope that you are able to sort it out. I have some needle nose pliers that are used for jewelry making that I have used before. Dipped them in alcohol to make sure they are clean first.

beckyboo0205

#129 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Yeah I have it waxed and will for a few days just to see if my cheek gets used to it maybe and then I can just forget about the poke. It's really not that long... (I swear it was longer last month) but maybe when it was cut, it was cut to more of a point.

Anyhow, just don't really feel like wearing wax for 5 weeks... I did try to attempt cutting it with some nail clippers but yeah right!! No way I can get back there to cut it.

kids041

#130 Post by kids041 »

Ah! me too!! :)

beckyboo0205

#131 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Dear Front Tooth Gap,

In case you forgot, you are powerchained... CLOSE UP ALREADY!!!

I feel like nothing has happened this month.... boooorrrriiiinnnngggg! When I left the ortho's office last appt, I had a full upper and lower powerchain and the ortho and the assistant both said I was going to be sore. I barely was... lame. A week or two after my adjustment, my front tooth started to hurt a little... Finally! It's gonna close! NO... still there... I thought this thing would move fast with these powerchains... I feel like I need 2 powerchains!

Chicken

#132 Post by Chicken »

Hi, they used metal ties on mine from day one and it closed really quickly. I did have the frenectomy about 2 weeks before braces, maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe this next month will do it for you.

beckyboo0205

#133 Post by beckyboo0205 »

MEH... my dog hit me in the mouth and gave me a mini fat lip! Sadly, the most exciting thing that's happened in my mouth all month. Ermmm.... ok that sounded weird! I did have a pumpkin cheesecake that was pretty exciting in my mouth yesterday.

beckyboo0205

#134 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Well adjustment done... nothing but new powerchains and a wire clipping. Now I've got my turquioise bottom powerchain to match my bathing suit and off to Hawaii I go today!!

chichi

#135 Post by chichi »

beckyboo0205 wrote:Well adjustment done... nothing but new powerchains and a wire clipping. Now I've got my turquioise bottom powerchain to match my bathing suit and off to Hawaii I go today!!
That sounds fantastic! Enjoy Hawaii!
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054