Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mapleleafman888

Re: Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

#46 Post by mapleleafman888 »

0.5 Month update!

Well I'm 16 days in, things are moving along quite nicely! My teeth aligning well along the archlines. The other junk is going to take a while to fix---will take up to 17.5 months more to fix my deep bite and plane of occlusion and to move the incisors downwards and forwards.

I broke a bracket off too on day 14--- I was on holidays and just had to have that white chocolate chip macadamia cookie while I sat and viewed the lake and mountains from the cabin---what a perfect setting... Then crack! Oops, this moment was just to good for that not to happen. Off came the buccal tube on lower left tooth 7. The ortho said just to come in at my next regular appointment and they would fix that.

My top bi-cuspids are moving downwards, I can see it and feel them popping in and out of place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

cdnbracegirl

#47 Post by cdnbracegirl »

That happened to me too except it was the upper left one. Did you manage to save yours? I think I swallowed mine. :?

mapleleafman888

#48 Post by mapleleafman888 »

cdnbracegirl wrote:That happened to me too except it was the upper left one. Did you manage to save yours? I think I swallowed mine. :?
Ah! The buccal tube curse was going around :!:

Yup I saved it, that is after biting down on it first---

GillyWeed

#49 Post by GillyWeed »

Two Canadians in one thread?! Amazing;-) Best of luck to both of you. Can't wait to see you're wonderful, straight teeth when all the metal is gone:)
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

mapleleafman888

#50 Post by mapleleafman888 »

GillyWeed wrote:Two Canadians in one thread?! Amazing;-) Best of luck to both of you. Can't wait to see you're wonderful, straight teeth when all the metal is gone:)
Three now that you're here :BigTeethGrin:

Thanks, and yeah definately am looking forward to that day as well but I am embracing the process too!

TrustGodAuburn

#51 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Almost time for your adjustment! Woohoo!

chichi

#52 Post by chichi »

I thought your adjustment was yesterday and I came by to ask how it was... but it's apparently tomorrow :?

Well, good luck!
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

mapleleafman888

#53 Post by mapleleafman888 »

chichi wrote:I thought your adjustment was yesterday and I came by to ask how it was... but it's apparently tomorrow :?

Well, good luck!
Yeah well thanks for stopping by again! Just finished about an hour ago, upper and lower wires were taken out for the purpose of adding coil springs between upper teeth 2's&3's and for the replacement of my busted off buccal tube. I feel the pressure already, just waiting for the pain now lol.

The bite turbos were built up again as they seemed to have been worn down or else my upper teeth are moving down. I was biting the lower front brackets for about 2 weeks. All is good now, I'm all jacked up again.

Next adjustment is in 27 days (Nov. 5th) for new archwires (currently on .014s) and coil spring changes.

I will post update photos when I can find internet for my laptop. (writing from mobile device.)

cdnbracegirl

#54 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Glad it went well. Looking forward to the pics!

chichi

#55 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Yeah well thanks for stopping by again! Just finished about an hour ago, upper and lower wires were taken out for the purpose of adding coil springs between upper teeth 2's&3's and for the replacement of my busted off buccal tube. I feel the pressure already, just waiting for the pain now lol.

The bite turbos were built up again as they seemed to have been worn down or else my upper teeth are moving down. I was biting the lower front brackets for about 2 weeks. All is good now, I'm all jacked up again.

Next adjustment is in 27 days (Nov. 5th) for new archwires (currently on .014s) and coil spring changes.

I will post update photos when I can find internet for my laptop. (writing from mobile device.)
Glad to hear it went well! I hope the springs aren't too much trouble (although I can imagine cleaning them must be interesting).

xerxes

#56 Post by xerxes »

Why can't I see the photos?

chichi

#57 Post by chichi »

xerxes wrote:Why can't I see the photos?
No worries. Everyone's old pictures disappeared after the forum was moved to the new host.

mapleleafman888

#58 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Hey again peeps, finally got back home and have my internet available!

My adjustment on Oct. 8th went fairly well and fairly quick also. As mentioned in my previous post the assistant took both lower and upper wires off, and doc replaced my failed buccal tube and built up my turbos---which have already partially cracked off again :| The coil springs were placed onto the wire and inserted between upper 2 and 3s. The same wires were placed back in and will be in until Nov. 5th.

The laterals are in a bit of pain consistently now and have moved forwards a bit, either than that nothing much is happening, I feel these archwires were done their work 4 weeks ago!

The coils have created about 1mm on either side already (not shown in the photo as they were taken right after insertion) but it's been 1 week so I'm happy to see movement!

I do have to say though that these coils feel like a cheese grater on my lips, and yes they are kind of a trap for all food which is stringy or mushy. :yuck:

Here are the pics from my first adjustment:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TrustGodAuburn

#59 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Your teeth look so straight to me already!

Looking good!

mapleleafman888

#60 Post by mapleleafman888 »

TrustGodAuburn wrote:Your teeth look so straight to me already!

Looking good!
I have heard a few people say that! The teeth weren't too bad to begin with, but apparently I have what is called retroclined incisors - meaning the teeth were/are tipped towards the back of my mouth. Either than that it's more vertical adjustment I need to fix my bite.

Thanks. Hope all is well with you!