cdnbracegirl's story: Finally getting braces at age 30

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cdnbracegirl

Re: cdnbracegirl's story: Finally getting braces at age 30

#16 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Yup. Just realized I swallowed a buccal tube in my sleep. My back molars aren't attached to the archwire. Must've bitten it off in my sleep. Darn.

oldfart

#17 Post by oldfart »

As well as everything else associated with braces, like the pain. That too shall pass.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

cdnbracegirl

#18 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Had my first adjustment yesterday. I was looking forward to it for the past few weeks. It was totally uneventful. She examined my teeth and was quite pleased with the progress. She said my front tooth had enough space to be pulled forward to fix my cross bite but in order to do so, it had to have an unobstructed path so she gave me bite pads/buildups. I can't bite all the way down. I can eat but I find my speech a little impaired. I can't pronounce my S's. It might be all in my head though. My boyfriend and co-worker have told me I sound normal.

I have my next adjustment in 4 weeks so hopefully my front tooth will have moved over my lower one so she can take off my bite pads. This is going to be the longest 4 weeks of my life! I'm so impatient!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cdnbracegirl

#19 Post by cdnbracegirl »

I had my second adjustment yesterday. Lots of action this time. My upper wire got switched to a NiTi 0.18 supercable. My lower wire is a NiTi 0.18. The lower wire now goes to my back molars. The ortho built up my bite pads even higher so my cross bite will correct itself. I woke up this morning and my wonky front tooth had moved forward 0.5mm or so. My teeth are sore now. Clenching my teeth during my sleep didn't help. I didn't eat dinner last night. I didn't eat breakfast today. I just had soup for lunch and two spoonfuls of my delicious balsamic roast with carrots, potatoes and rice. I'm actually happy I'm finally feeling some soreness. That means it's working! :jump:

My next appointment is December 27th where hopefully my front tooth will have moved to the front and my rogue lower tooth will join the bracket club. I'm also getting my chipped tooth bonded then. Eee!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KiilaniY

#20 Post by KiilaniY »

Lots of progress!! Congrats!

cdnbracegirl

#21 Post by cdnbracegirl »

So I'm tipsy from wine. It's helping with the pain of my 3rd adjustment today. I got my rogue tooth on the bottom joining the party. It's bonded and it's effing is uncomfy right now. My tops got the 0.018 NiTi wire (solid not supercable). My upper molars are now connected to a wire. However, my lower back molars aren't connected to a wire. I'm thinking it's because of my rogue tooth.

Pics tomorrow when I'm more sober. Happy New Year! I may not post a lot but I do creep a lot on here. I'm so grateful for this forum and am looking forward to everyone's great result. :)

cdnbracegirl

#22 Post by cdnbracegirl »

This pic is so late. Oops! My rogue tooth is getting in line nicely on the bottom. My uppers are slowly evening out. I'm very pleased so far. My next adjustment is February 4th.

SunshineRay

#23 Post by SunshineRay »

Great progress!

mapleleafman888

#24 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Wow that's some awesome change that has taken place! Good luck with your adjustment.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

cdnbracegirl

#25 Post by cdnbracegirl »

I had my 4th adjustment yesterday. She changed my bottom wire to an .18 NiTi solid wire which goes all the way to my back molars now. No change in the upper wire but she did take my molar buildups off. Yay! She filled in my chipped front tooth which was nice. I love how it looks. I'll have to go to my dentist to get properly bonded when I am finished my treatment.

My bottom teeth are a bit sore today but nothing like the previous adjustments. I am so pleased with my results so far. My next adjustment isn't for 7 weeks. :)

Matilda

#26 Post by Matilda »

Amazing progress. Congratulations!

mapleleafman888

#27 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Incredible progress again! I am happy for you :D

My 4th adj. is in 6 days!

P.S. Just realized we got braced in the same area and only 6 days apart. Wacky!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

klipstine1

#28 Post by klipstine1 »

Good luck on your journey! Can't wait to see your progress!

cdnbracegirl

#29 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Thanks, everyone! :banana: <- this is how I feel about my progress these days.

cdnbracegirl

#30 Post by cdnbracegirl »

I had my fifth adjustment yesterday. I don't think there's significant improvement from last time. I got new, thicker wires for top and bottom. My teeth are sore today. I'll probably start elastics at my next appointment (end of May) and she'll have to reposition a couple brackets. My ortho says she is still really happy with my bite although it feels a bit off today.