Anyone with Invisalign for overjet/flaring?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Valiere

Anyone with Invisalign for overjet/flaring?

#1 Post by Valiere »

I'm switching from ceramic/metal to Invisalign. My ortho, a premier provider, said my overjet and flaring could be corrected with invisalign, provided regular braces are used for a couple months at the very end to rotate a lower canine. As far as I know, my bite is okay.

For those of you in the same or similar boat, I'm wondering, were you given elastics to wear? And where did they place your attachments?

Thanks!

nauna28

Re: Anyone with Invisalign for overjet/flaring?

#2 Post by nauna28 »

Hi Valiere:

I went for a consult with an Elite Invisalign Provider who informed me that despite my 10mm overjet, I am a candidate for invislaign. I have not decided if I will go through with his treatment plan, but his plan did involve having elastics. I think the attachments vary from person to person depending on their specific case, so I don't think there really is anyway for someone to know where they need attachments prior to your ortho telling you.
nauna28 <3

First Orthodontic Consult 18/09/13
Second Orthodontic Consult #2 02/10/13

kittenpoint

#3 Post by kittenpoint »

My overjet is 7-8mm and she thinks Invisalign will work, though she did say that I will have elastics. Though I don't actually have any teeth that need to be rotated or a bite problem; it's all spaces and the overjet. I don't know about attachments yet as I can't start treatment until after Halloween.

#4 Post by 33333 »

Valiere wrote:I'm switching from ceramic/metal to Invisalign. My ortho, a premier provider, said my overjet and flaring could be corrected with invisalign, provided regular braces are used for a couple months at the very end to rotate a lower canine. As far as I know, my bite is okay.

For those of you in the same or similar boat, I'm wondering, were you given elastics to wear? And where did they place your attachments?

Thanks!
My overjet was "overcorrected" from flaring to too far inward; so invisalign can correct overjet. No elastic was used so far. But make sure you bring up the potential overcorrection to your ortho.

Can I ask why are you switching from braces to invisalign? I'm considering to switch from invisalign to braces!