BracketRacket's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracketRacket

Re: BracketRacket's story

#121 Post by BracketRacket »

So I'm going through one of my "my teeth are so gross, ugh" modes. One day...

So, I had the extraction. Had the lovely extraction gap for, oh, one day, then my ortho made me a fakey (red arrow) -- it even has its own bracket. The surgeon also knocked off the bracket on the tooth next to it (check it out above, haha!) and it had to be replaced. Other than that, no problems recovering, thank goodness. I can't bite on the fake tooth, so I'm back to ripping everything I eat to shreds, but I'm used to that by now! Nothing really has happened in the last six weeks as we wait for the bone to heal a bit, although I think the bottoms have gotten more jumbled (but since I haven't had a bottom wire in four months, I guess I can't complain!)

Have an adjustment tomorrow, where I imagine I'll get a bottom wire again (it has been nice flossing without it, I do have to say!), the fake tooth will be shaved a bit to make room for movement, and perhaps we'll pay a little attention to the tops again -- they're overdue! I still have the lovely spaces on both sides, as you can see above, so maybe powerchains for those? Back to elastics? I guess we'll see! :-* I have a feeling I'll be in a world of hurt by this time tomorrow!

BracketRacket

#122 Post by BracketRacket »

Ouch! :-+

iBorg

#123 Post by iBorg »

Take it the appointment involved a bit more adjustment than you were ready for? I hope tomorrow brings a bit of relief.

The end result WILL be worth it.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

BracketRacket

#124 Post by BracketRacket »

So I was wrong when I said ow last week. This week OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I've been pretty miserable since Wednesday.

On that fateful day, the "fake tooth" was removed, and I got a powerchain between the right lateral incisor and the remaining central. I got a wire on the bottom (haven't had one since April) and a new wire on the top. Simple enough, huh? Sooooo much pain! Between the teeth not being used to being wired and the powerchain across the gap, I've been hitting the *better* (not the really good stuff, but better than usual) meds for a couple of days and sticking to the no-chew foods. Finally I'm feeling a little better today, but my stomach has been unhappy with the meds (not hurting, but that gnawing, icky feeling). :( And the middle loop on the powerchain has now starting rubbing my lip raw and I have super-long unruly wires poking me in the back.

All in all, pretty unhappy camper right now! :jokerlaugh:

DivaDeuce007

#125 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

how is everything going with your progress? Ortho is being really gental with me because my right central incisor is pushing through the gum still :( it makes me so sad!

BracketRacket

#126 Post by BracketRacket »

Wow, it's been awhile! Still braced (yay!). Just had an adjustment today. The bottom is looking pretty good, extraction gap is long gone.....but, have a new ginormous one on top -- my baby tooth finally bit the dust, had it extracted last month. So that'll be another long process, we're trying to move the molars forward to close the gap, which I fear will involve TADs.
I've also had a number of visits to periodontists since the beginning of the year, the bone around one my front teeth was looking funky. Survey says it's just funky from the SARPE and movement in general, and should be OK, but we were talking bone graft for awhile, which thrilled me no end.
Will have to post updated pics soon!

DivaDeuce007

#127 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

Braaaacketracket!!!!! So glad to hear from you!! I was just at the ortho last Thursday lol. Not that we would know who each other was in that office lol. My gap has finally closed in the front but I have some little ones on the sides. Hoping that will be over with soon!

Really excited to hear that you are doing great!

BracketRacket

#128 Post by BracketRacket »

Too funny! I feel like we should leave secret messages! :-*
I'm still battling the extra space, it tends to move around between my front teeth, the lateral incisors, etc -- someday it'll go away! :lol:

DivaDeuce007

#129 Post by DivaDeuce007 »

I think we should. I asked the ortho about you but I only know you by BracketRacket LOL..... I go back Aug 16. I'm going to tell them to show you my pics next time you go in :) I'll just give them my name on here lol

I can already tell these spaces are going to go back and forth. Im fine with that now that im not walking around looking like this -----> :GapToothed: but 10x worse!! The fact that my right front tooth had so many problems and cause a delay in my progress really caused me to loath the whole process LOL :roll: :-* :wink:

BracketRacket

#130 Post by BracketRacket »

Yeah, I can imagine how frustrating that must have been! Hopefully it's smooth sailing from now on!

BracketRacket

#131 Post by BracketRacket »

Whoa....two years already?!?!
:huh:

:GapToothed: :GapToothed: :GapToothed:

BracketRacket

#132 Post by BracketRacket »

Soooo.....a few more days until the three-year mark! Oy...haha! In some ways, I can't believe the surgery was more than three years ago, and in others, it seems like forever.
I finally had the baby premolar removed late last year (so I guess almost a year ago -- wow!) Since then, we've been through two TADs (just had the third inserted), which eventually failed (one after many months, one after about three weeks). It's certainly been an adventure. :)