Braces teeth clicking and popping

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

butlerbulldogfan

Braces teeth clicking and popping

#1 Post by butlerbulldogfan »

2 months in now with my Damon braces and talk about a strange noise. This past week cant tell if its the wire in different places or a few of my teeth occasionaly make a clicking/popping sound. But it seems like its my teeth. What is that? lol

chichi

Re: Braces teeth clicking and popping

#2 Post by chichi »

Well, to be honest, it probably is your teeth. I've been experiencing the same thing on and off since about week 2.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

kids041

#3 Post by kids041 »

My teeth have been doing it since the second week as well. I enjoy playing with them, making them click. :)

jsotang

#4 Post by jsotang »

Does it hurt at all?

kids041

#5 Post by kids041 »

jsotang wrote:Does it hurt at all?
The clicking and popping? No, it does not hurt me at least.

gaman

#6 Post by gaman »

All my teeth are popping and feel squelchy. Don't even know where my bite is anymore. I'm in my 8th week. They are getting ready to float around don't mess with then too much. My bottom teeth feel tight and it's very hard to get the floss between them. I go in Wed for my first wire change. :huh: :yikes:
ME

JohnsonSon

#7 Post by JohnsonSon »

I've heard a lot of people mention this but I never had any clicking/popping, at least I haven't yet in my first ~5 months. I wanted to see what it was all about lol.

chichi

#8 Post by chichi »

JohnsonSon wrote:I've heard a lot of people mention this but I never had any clicking/popping, at least I haven't yet in my first ~5 months. I wanted to see what it was all about lol.
It's nothing terribly exciting... you just get to wonder whether or not you're going to lose a tooth with all that crackling :wink:
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

JeniK

#9 Post by JeniK »

I have not experienced any of that either.

JBm0m

#10 Post by JBm0m »

I've had the same thing happening to me since about week 2 as well. It wasnt painful at all until I got my chains on to guide my impacted teeth down...maybe its coincidental...?
Not sure if my impacted teeth are hitting my roots or what but its not very pleasant getting an unexpected POP anymore....

strinder

#11 Post by strinder »

I had the exact same thing happen to me in the first few months of me getting my braces. As far as I'm aware your teeth are looser because your braces are moving and when your press them and they're popping they're being pushed back into their place. It just shows your teeth are moving. I personally hated it but found it almost impossible to stop pressing my teeth to get that clicking sensation.

I've not had it for quite a few months now though.

LittleTooth

#12 Post by LittleTooth »

I had the same thing and noticed it with one very crooked pre-molar on the 2nd day. I freaked out and called my orthodontist and told me not to clench and play with it and that my front teeth in the upcoming weeks will feel even looser. I've now entered my second month and I'm used to it and teeth don't click as much anymore :mrgreen: