Can I do it?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

starfish88

Re: Can I do it?

#511 Post by starfish88 »

I love that cake - it looks so yummy and I've never seen an X-ray on a cake before. I'm so sorry about your poor rabbit though. I hope they catch the ((no point in me using the right word because I'm sure it will be sensored)) 'person' who did it and give them what they deserve but I'm also thinking of you.

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

EbonyQ

#512 Post by EbonyQ »

It´s time for an update:
Had my appointment with Eric before the summer and he even though he hoped that I would want to continue my treatment on my upper jaw, he agreed that there is a limit on how far we should push this, how much anxiety a person should have.

Even though my bite is a bit strange I don´t want to continue my treatment with braces on my upper teeth. I would never manage to go through a bonding once more, to know that I would go back to the nightmare I had. That´s too much for me. I would rather live with my bite than go through all of it once more.

I will therefor not get my upper braces again. It´s more than I can handle.

Braces might be a thing that was not meant for me, that this is as far as I could go.
My teeth are not perfect but Im happy with them. They are so much better than what they were before I started :wink:
I can smile withouth feeling shy and that means the world to me :heart:

[/url]

jem

#513 Post by jem »

Hi Eb,

Good to hear from you. From what I can recall, your uppers looked pretty good in your last photos so I hope you have a retainer to maintain all that great progress. Congratulations on your debonding! Please post pics.

Best wishes

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

EbonyQ

#514 Post by EbonyQ »

jem wrote:Hi Eb,

Good to hear from you. From what I can recall, your uppers looked pretty good in your last photos so I hope you have a retainer to maintain all that great progress. Congratulations on your debonding! Please post pics.

Best wishes

Jem
Hi Jem!

Yes, I have a retainer :thumbsup: And are very happy with how they look! :heart: Despite the anxiety I have had I do not regret doing this. Im very glad I did it and that it´s "finish". I got a whole new life. Eric has been a hero, really.

It will be a bit strange when my lowers are finished and I have no more apps with Eric. That when this is done we might never see each other again. We have done so much together, been working so hard, and tried all kinds of crazy things to "trick" my anxiety that it will be a bit sad when we say goodbye.

[/url]

whiteswan

#515 Post by whiteswan »

I've been following your blog and I understand that you would not want to go through all of it again. There is only so much anxiety a person should have to deal with. In hindsight, do you wish your boss hadn't agreed to take them off or are you thankful that you had your summer without them so you could realize that you were ready to be finished?

You have overcome incredible obstacles to get to this point..well done to you! Do you have any pictures of your lovely new smile?

Congrats again!

EbonyQ

#516 Post by EbonyQ »

whiteswan wrote:I've been following your blog and I understand that you would not want to go through all of it again. There is only so much anxiety a person should have to deal with. In hindsight, do you wish your boss hadn't agreed to take them off or are you thankful that you had your summer without them so you could realize that you were ready to be finished?

You have overcome incredible obstacles to get to this point..well done to you! Do you have any pictures of your lovely new smile?

Congrats again!

Thanks for your kind words!

I do not regret that boss removed my braces, something had to be done that day and I´m very happy we did it. The anxiety was terrible.... Now that the uppers are gone I have a whole new life and I´m very happy with my teeth. What I wanted to fix is fixed :thumbsup:

[/url]

NICURN85

#517 Post by NICURN85 »

Hi Eb,

I am so proud of you!!! You stuck with things to get this far and I am glad you made it!!! :-** :jump: :HugeGrin: I can not wait to see everything once your lower arch is done!!! Make sure to keep us updated!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

EbonyQ

#518 Post by EbonyQ »

At my appointment on friday we put a small power chain on two teeth to close an almost closed exaction gap. Next time I will get a new arch wire that will widen my lower jaw (in order to try to reduce my scissor bite) and to protrude my lower incisor (to reduce my overjet). If this works out there will be no need for braces in upper jaw at all.

Eric did not want me to get too caught up on the decision if I wanted upper braces or not (you all know me :roll: lol), so for now we say no upper braces and Eric will try his best to work his magic on my teeth with braces just on one jaw. If my bite is still a mess then upper braces for a short while could give him some more “hands” to work with but not a must. He knows that I don´t want uppers again but don´t want me to go for a 100% "no" just yet.

I like the Eric´s philosophy on how he treats all of his pts and runs his office (he has a very good rumor among pt, it´s not only me he has been a hero and helped :D . There are so many people wanting to go to him that there is a long waiting list! ). Since taking good care of pt and not forgetting that pts are humans too are very important for me, working at Eric´s office is something I have wanted for a very long time. They really take care of their pts. Last time he had needed an assistant I was to slow to respond and lost the offer.

This time Eric need another assistant in his clinic outside of the city, about 1 hour with train.
(train tickets and time spent on traveling back and forth from job is included in my salary). Eric travels this route once a week every week (I will work at this clinic once a week too).

Traveling far for a job is not uncommon in Norway. One at work use two hours with buss (I use 1 – 1,5 hours depending on traffic) to work. No problem with long travelings, I´m use to it.

I could not let this opportunity get away, so I agreed to this job. Yay!! :D

[/url]

EbonyQ

#519 Post by EbonyQ »

NICURN85 wrote:Hi Eb,

I am so proud of you!!! You stuck with things to get this far and I am glad you made it!!! :-** :jump: :HugeGrin: I can not wait to see everything once your lower arch is done!!! Make sure to keep us updated!

[/url]

TMJJill

#520 Post by TMJJill »

Good job sticking with your lowers. I've had some nice development in my arches. I hope you have the same success.

Congratulations on your 1 day a week job with Eric. Maybe it will lead to something more full-time with him down the road. I know you have come a very long way both with the braces and professionally since you started the journey. I think you should be very proud.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

EbonyQ

#521 Post by EbonyQ »

Today I had my first day working with Eric and it went very well! I will work some Saturdays at his local office (3 min driving from where I live) and every Thursdays at his office outside of our city.

Eric was very kind with every pt and had no rush with them (I needed to push/rush him a little because he had some appointments with pts in another office on the other side of the city, and was running very late! He forgot his time). That made him laugh a little (and surprised), that I, who normally is a nervous wreak at my appointments and don´t speak much, took command.

No dental fear at all! The dental anxiety I tend to feel before treatments was not there at all (I expected to have some of it even though I did not have any appointments). It was very fun to work with Eric :).

Who would have thought that at the end of my treatment I would start working with the orthodontist who have put so much time and effort into my treatment?
That is a very big surprise!

[/url]

EbonyQ

#522 Post by EbonyQ »

I have felt very little anxiety since removal of my uppers. My old “normal” life is back and things are going as they should. This stupid anxiety only appears when I´m having my appointments, besides this there is very little anxiety and I at times forgets that I have them.

There is not much left to do on my lowers, so I´m soon finish! Eric says there is not need to fuss about getting the uppers, it might be because he want´s to save me from the terrible anxiety I have with braces on both jaws.

Had my adjustment yesterday. Nothing special, we went back to a .018 round to activate my two last teeth. Next time it will be back to a heavy rectangular wire and I know my anxiety will not make this easy for Eric. I really hate getting new wires.... :roll:

And working with Eric is very interesting, I´m learning so much! He is working very differently than my other boss so I´m learning everything in a new way. So far he seems like a very honest and great boss to work with. No dental anxiety working with him :thumbsup:

[/url]

TMJJill

#523 Post by TMJJill »

Way to go Ebony. You have come so far on your journey. I still find it very ironic that you are working Orthodontics after all of this. I know you have empathy for your patients though.

Good luck with your lowers. Sounds like you are seeing that light at the end of the tunnel. :D

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

klobird

#524 Post by klobird »

Hey Eb!!

I am just amazed at how much your life has changed since I first met you elsewhere!!

You have been amazingly courageous and it has paid off tremendously. I am soooooooo happy for you!!

jem

#525 Post by jem »

Hi Eb,

I am glad to hear your work with Eric is going well and also that your treatment of your bottom teeth is nearly finished.

Please post some pictures.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194