Pain from hole in tooth or braces???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jabbajaws01

Pain from hole in tooth or braces???

#1 Post by Jabbajaws01 »

Help! I have braces on top teeth and have had them for 3 weeks.... Have already noticed a great improvement already! However last sun night I broke the wire flossing! My teeth moved that close that the floss got stuck. I went back to the dentist and had a new wire put in on Tuesday. (Holy crappola :soremouth: I think I'd rather give birth than experience that again... Sadly I will have to at next adjustment anyway next month :cry: :cry: :cry: ) anyway so yesterday I ate 2 marshmallows (just shoot me) and since then I've had this searing pain in 1 tooth almost like there is a hole but both hubby and I can't see it. I think it is a hole but what wondering if "adjustment" pains are similar to needing a filling? I guess I really do not want to go back to the dentist so soon if I don't have to.
Toni aka "Jabbajaws"

isthistaken

Re: Pain from hole in tooth or braces???

#2 Post by isthistaken »

If your teeth were that sensitive when the new wire was applied, it could be the pressure from the braces causing that pain, in my opinion. I had the same experience the first time they changed the wire and removed a bracket: agony. I have not had that experience for subsequent adjustments. I always take the maximum amount of ibuprofen before my appointments now which may be helping, or maybe my teeth just aren't quite as sensitive.

I hope it is just the pressure causing that but you should get it checked out if it doesn't get better or gets worse! :heart:

Matilda

#3 Post by Matilda »

Jabbajaws01 wrote:I think I'd rather give birth than experience that again...
:shock:

Jabbajaws01

#4 Post by Jabbajaws01 »

Thanks isthistaken! It helps to know that sensitivity and "first" adjustments are horrible. The pain has subsided and I am not getting it when I eat anything sweet just when I chew on that side.
Toni aka "Jabbajaws"

Jabbajaws01

#5 Post by Jabbajaws01 »

Matilda - I had a relatively easy birth and the pain was actually not a focus for me it was the end result and the overwhelming drive to get "the job done" and meet my baby. I always knew I had a high pain threshold I guess that doesn't count for my mouth. Hehehe
Toni aka "Jabbajaws"

Jabbajaws01

#6 Post by Jabbajaws01 »

It's official! I got 3 cavities - YES 3. 2 of them both the dentist and I knew about but they were in an extremely difficult spot and unreachable (in between my teeth, which my teeth are badly cramped). Although I'm getting 2 teeth extracted sometime soon my teeth have surprisingly moved quite a lot already something I was thrilled to see - until now! My front tooth used to protrude heaps and it prevented the cavity in the tooth behind it getting filled. Now my front tooth has become a hell of a lot straighter I've noticed that both teeth that it was in front of have cavities! Far out! My mouth is prone to cavities as my parents couldn't afford or have 2 hoots about dental hygiene, it's only now I'm learning that very important lesson! I see the dentist in 9 days and it couldn't come quick enough! I like the braces look but these cavities are utterly disgusting to look at. I feel very self conscious and I am not usually like this! I'd post a pic but I'm on my phone and I can't work out how to upload a small file :(
This braces thing is hard enough without cavity pain on top of it! Sorry but I just needed to vent tonight! :evil: :cry: :soremouth:
Toni aka "Jabbajaws"