Waterpik help?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Roses

Waterpik help?

#1 Post by Roses »

I don't have any plugs in the bathroom and I've read some rather bad reviews about the portable model. Has anyone tried any of the Pan a sonic water flossers? From reading a number of these threads I have gathered water flossing is the way forward for brace-wearers!

isthistaken

Re: Waterpik help?

#2 Post by isthistaken »

I have the Ultra WaterPik at home. It's great. I have the cordless WaterPik which I took on some trips. I think it is also great. It is not as great as the Ultra but it works. I liked it a lot.

coreym95

#3 Post by coreym95 »

Another option, since you don't have a plug, is getting a "shower pik". I have one of those in my shower and it works just as well as my Waterpik. It feels different but I think it works just as well. This device can also hook up to some faucets, and it's fairly cheap at $25.

JohnsonSon

#4 Post by JohnsonSon »

While I can't speak about the SPAMTRONIC SPAMSONIC SPAMONAIDE SPAMSTER SPAM SPAMINATOR water flossers, I do own both a plug in and cordless waterpik.

The plug in one is great. The cordless one is awful. It just does not generate enough water pressure. I am better off swishing water in my mouth. And on top of that the water reservoir is way too small. I would not recommend it at all.

Roses

#5 Post by Roses »

Yeah the cordless reviews are terrible on amazon. I am moving to uni soon so I think I may be able to get the ultra for then as I will have a washbasin in my room. It just costs a lot! I am having a hard time justifying the price to myself

isthistaken

#6 Post by isthistaken »

Roses wrote:Yeah the cordless reviews are terrible on amazon. I am moving to uni soon so I think I may be able to get the ultra for then as I will have a washbasin in my room. It just costs a lot! I am having a hard time justifying the price to myself
Believe me, it is worth it. You won't regret it. And for occasional use I liked the cordless. I believe there are different versions of it out there and possibly the one I have is a more recent evolution because I personally liked it, for occasional use, as I said.