Unsatisfied with result, braces off soon plz judge and help!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

werduner

Unsatisfied with result, braces off soon plz judge and help!

#1 Post by werduner »

Dear All,

first of all, I am really sorry about my English, but it is not my first language, so I try to be as clear and as good as possible.

I would need some support from you. On next week Monday (19th August) my braces are permanently going to be off. It would be greatly appreciated if you could share your own opinion based on your experiences and expectations as patients. I want to show you a few pictures about my actual status just before getting braces off. I am pretty disappointed and sceptic if everything is like it should be just at the end-process. :cry:

My story very shortly summarized:
Time: in braces for 28 months
Braces: on upper jaw lingual incognito, on the lower jaw traditional aesthetic sapphire
Problems before treatment: very strong cross-bite at both sides and crowded teeth both upper and lower
Actual status:
Functionally, there is no problem, but as far the general impact, aesthetics and arch of my teeth I have hard doubts. Although all of my teeth are in a “row”, they are not crowded anymore, the bite problems are fixed, it seems to me that the “whole look” of the teeth and the position somehow is uneven, wavy and asymmetric. I know that a lot depends on the shape of the teeth and in my case there are also hard surface abrasions, but I feel that perhaps there would or could possibly be a different outcome.
This week on Monday my lingual braces were taken out. Since I found my front teeth uneven my ortho has applied 4 pieces of traditional brackets to fix the problem.
What my doctor says and what I did to fix the problem: Of course I recognized my unevenness on my arch long time ago (my feeling was almost never OK) and tried to explain my fears but simply never happened anything. Just a month ago I made pictures and wrote an e-mail describing all of my doubts. During the next meeting he made some photos and told me after having analyzed them he would find some solution. A week later, when I came back to the next appointment he showed his pictures on the computer and asked me “What is your problem?” That time I felt that on the monitor it will not look like as in the “reality”. It happened how I felt… I mean that the he makes photos with a machine that has so high resolution and from so close that basically the “whole cannot be seen because of the details”. So yes, they looked well at him… :-+

And now, as I am reading all of the other posts and seeing how they are developing and the status just before braces off, I do not see the same. Simply my teeth do not stay as their…

Let’s see pictures: my teeth are very coloured and yellow, sorry, but after 28 months…

Before lingual braces off:

After lingual braces off and with traditional brackets on upper:

What is your opinion? How do you see my results? Would you be satisfied with it? Am I the only one who sees uneven teeth? Please write and share what you think. I have only 4 days remained to do something and make decision how to go further. I am slowly going crazy. :crazy:

Thank you very much for your help and support in advance.

werduner

Re: Unsatisfied with result, braces off soon plz judge and h

#2 Post by werduner »

I am sorry i could not attach pictures. Can you please write how to share flickr? THX!

werduner

#3 Post by werduner »

Hopefully pictures now to be seen.

imageshack then copy the rest of the link

Before lingual braces off:

.us/photo/my-images/89/t675.jpg/
.us/photo/my-images/96/hamb.jpg/
.us/photo/my-images/20/sz6e.jpg/

After lingual braces off and with traditional brackets on upper:

.us/photo/my-images/96/cxi1.jpg/
.us/photo/my-images/69/uv2z.jpg/
.us/photo/my-images/827/oppr.jpg/
.us/photo/my-images/109/oef8.jpg/
.us/photo/my-images/23/up50.jpg/
.us/photo/my-images/826/pwkr.jpg/
.us/photo/my-images/404/bc6y.jpg/
.us/photo/my-images/819/yd89.jpg/

lilone

#4 Post by lilone »

I am not a professional and don't know the whole story but from a laypersons view, I don't think you're finished at all. If the last picture is you current bite situation and your ortho thinks you are done, then I think you need to go somewhere else for a second opinion. It looks like there is still a crossbite on your left and I can't imagine it would be fixed with only 4 brackets on the top because the lateral that needs to move outward needs anchoring. Again, I am not a professional so this is only what I think with my limited knowledge.

As for the uneven bottoms where you have worn them down, if the teeth are straight your ortho or a dentist can usually file them lightly to make them look more even and get rid of any chips in the tooth.

werduner

#5 Post by werduner »

Hello,

please everyone, write what you think. Monday is already very close, I need all other's opinion.

lilone: thank you for your comment, I am afraid I have to think the same...

werduner

#6 Post by werduner »

Oh, there are only 3 days left :cry:

Please, if you have read my post and checked my pictures write what you think about my status.

THX!

SunshineRay

#7 Post by SunshineRay »

Im not sure of the order of the pics but if you arent happy then you need to tell them that. It doesnt look like much was done, especially with all the time youve had them.

JayC

#8 Post by JayC »

A lot has to do with the shape of your teeth, which might need to be reshaped or bonded.. You said you had a crossfit, which usually is corrected by surgery and not braces alone....

lilone

#9 Post by lilone »

How did it go? Did you let them know that you weren't satisfied?

I'm sorry that you didn't get too many responses. I think the reason is that you posted in the journals section instead of the metal mouth message forum.

Hopefully everything will be resolved to your satisfaction. Good luck!

werduner

#10 Post by werduner »

Hello lilone,

thank you for your interest in my problem.

I have postponed the appointment of Monday because I needed some time to prepare myself, to think over my actual status, to what to say and how to go further. I wrote an e-mail to my ortho and attached my pictures to show what are the problems to be resolved.
In that e-mail I wrote that I was open to change to traditional braces on upper. Unfortunately, the doctor did not say yes or no in his reply just gave some hints how to use elastics to make more even my teeth and bite (that was the triangle version). But yes, I do not have braces upper anymore since last week Monday! (I have braces now only on the lower - traditional one) So I do not understand how he could say that, because if now I used elastics then everything could be even worse, nothing keeps my upper teeth in position...

Tomorrow evening I am having a meeting with him and I do not have any idea what might be the outcome, at all. So, let us see what will happen and I will come back to inform.
I strongly hope that I will get traditional braces on upper because I do not see any other solution to make better my bite and to improve the position of the teeth. Lingual is not an option for me anymore, so gluing it back is not possible for me, as I am pretty unsatisfied about the job it did (of course included the job of my ortho).