"Adult" braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tqz

"Adult" braces

#1 Post by Tqz »

I feel like I have read something like this before, and maybe even brought it up. But here goes... This bothers me.

Since I have been considering braces lately, along with doing all of the research, what is the difference between braces and "adult" braces

Apparently there is NO DIFFERENCE! So why does everyone make the difference? I feel like if braces were braces, instead of adult braces, I wouldn't feel like I was doing something weird. Teenagers don't get "teen" braces!

Just a rant I guess. But I feel like we would all be better off if there wasnt that apparent "stigma" of "adult" braces.

Meh!

touchofhiddencharm

Re: "Adult" braces

#2 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Yeah theres no such thing. If i see "Adult Braces" somewhere, its usually orthopedists advertising that they have adult customers as well.

NeilH

#3 Post by NeilH »

I guess from my point of view, when I search online for 'braces' I predominantly come up with search results relating to orthodontics for children whereas when I search for 'adult braces' get results which are more relevant to me. As an adult, although I appreciate the technology is the same, the decisions, motivators and considerations around getting braces are very different.

isthistaken

#4 Post by isthistaken »

It's always this way when you are thinking outside the box, a bit out of the mainstream, a SPAM, if you will. Revel in it! :wink:

Pi o neer is spam??? :Questions:

djspeece

#5 Post by djspeece »

I can say with certainty that my life would not be the same in a major way without having gotten braces, and I really don't have that many orthodontic issues. Funny how things work out, beyond the orthodonture.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Tqz

#6 Post by Tqz »

I would tend to think that I don't have "that many" Orthodontic issues... Care to elaborate?