time to fix overbite/jet w/ or w/o extractions?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

twentysomething

time to fix overbite/jet w/ or w/o extractions?

#1 Post by twentysomething »

26 y.o female, got braces 10 months ago to fix what i think is a hybrid overjet/overbite (i don't know exactly what it is as he didn't state the specific terminology in my treatment docs).

he said i might be potentially getting them off this winter or spring...which would put me well under the initial estimated 24 months sentence. (which i hope potentially he's correct, but i do care more about the quality not the duration)

of course, i've worn my elastics consistently, have healthy oral hygiene, so maybe ive been a good kid!

how long did it take you to fix or your overjet/overbite w/ or w/o extractions, and how long is your estimated time to debracing?

bmueller

Re: time to fix overbite/jet w/ or w/o extractions?

#2 Post by bmueller »

2 mm overjet corrected in 3 months

isthistaken

#3 Post by isthistaken »

My overbite and overjet plus crowding and misaligned bite are in for about 16 months, no extractions.

Bikerchick85

#4 Post by Bikerchick85 »

I had extractions for severe crowding. Also have overbite and a cross bite. Estimated treatment time 24 months. Which I hear is pretty standard for an adult case especially with extractions. I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that it would be closer to 18 months lol WISHFUL THINKING!

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

waterworld

#5 Post by waterworld »

You could always try a functional orthodontist to move your jaw forward but your treatment might take a while longer.