What do you feel....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

oldfart

What do you feel....

#1 Post by oldfart »

Close your eyes.. relax.. mentally think about your teeth.. what are you feeling?

For me:

1) Two molars with crowns. Soreness as if they are being yanked up roots included. Oh wait, they are.

2) Tightness across all the top front, due to the class II elastics.

3) From my jaw I feel a bit of soreness as the elastics force my jaw into one position, and can only chew/talk at about 20% of movement due to them.

4) I have the urge to just slide my jaw left and right but can't due to elastics.

anyone else?

(just my daily post out of boredom)

of
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

EmBee

Re: What do you feel....

#2 Post by EmBee »

1. To be honest, the biggest thing I notice is how much effort it takes to keep my lips together, which is what my "at-rest" position has been for the past 23 years!

2. I have this enormous urge to grind my teeth (which is also something I've always done) but can't because my bottom brackets are in the way of my overbite...talk about a mixed blessing there :roll:

kids041

#3 Post by kids041 »

haha.. I just got my impressions 15 minutes ago... I am feeling a lingering of the flavoring that they used and a memory of the coolness of the goop.

oldfart

#4 Post by oldfart »

What flavor? I think I had Root Beer.

Are you feeling the sense of approaching doom, or excited?
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

kids041

#5 Post by kids041 »

oldfart wrote:What flavor? I think I had Root Beer.

I choose pina colda.
I am feeling excited! I want to get my bite fixed, so I stop grinding and wearing down my front teeth.. I want to keep MINE for the rest of my life, and my deep bite it making it so they my just not last me that long. My daughter (who already currently has braces) will be coming with me when I get them, so she can giggle/empathize with me :) it will be great! :tingrin:

isthistaken

#6 Post by isthistaken »

kids041 wrote:

I choose pina colda.
I am feeling excited! I want to get my bite fixed, so I stop grinding and wearing down my front teeth.. I want to keep MINE for the rest of my life, and my deep bite it making it so they my just not last me that long. My daughter (who already currently has braces) will be coming with me when I get them, so she can giggle/empathize with me :) it will be great! :tingrin:
Yup, me too! Didn't even know I had an overbite. It is so exciting to get braces after all these years, isn't it?

shiiiion

#7 Post by shiiiion »

1. I've got the strong urge to clench my jaw. Unfortunately, since I have an overbite the brackets on my bottom teeth prevent me from closing it at all.

2. The teeth between my upper canines feel like they're being forced up.

3. My teeth between my bottom canines are being forced down.

Other than that I'm pretty dandy :)

kids041

#8 Post by kids041 »

isthistaken wrote:
kids041 wrote:

I choose pina colda.
Yup, me too! Didn't even know I had an overbite. It is so exciting to get braces after all these years, isn't it?
yes Very exciting!

Tobilei

#9 Post by Tobilei »

My jaw feels stiff due to one single elastic kind of pulling the top in one direction while the bottom stays where it is.

One sore tooth at the top where the elastic hooks on and and creates pressure.

Sore cheeks at the top from the closed chains running up the back 4 teeth on each side.

3 (yes 3!!) pokey wires. Not quite ulcers, but they're threatening to appear.

A rumbly hungry belly that's saying "feed me".

isthistaken

#10 Post by isthistaken »

Tobilei wrote:My jaw feels stiff due to one single elastic kind of pulling the top in one direction while the bottom stays where it is.

Sore cheeks at the top from the closed chains running up the back 4 teeth on each side.

That's not a good combination, all that pain and hungry! I hope you found something nice and soothing to eat!

Tobilei

#11 Post by Tobilei »

isthistaken wrote:
Tobilei wrote:My jaw feels stiff due to one single elastic kind of pulling the top in one direction while the bottom stays where it is.

That's not a good combination, all that pain and hungry! I hope you found something nice and soothing to eat!
Aww thanks! It's really not as bad as it sounds. Things are kind of uncomfortable right now, but not really painful (except that one tooth! It eases up by mid afternoon but gets sore again when I have to put the elastics back on at night). They were much much much worse in the past!

agrace90

#12 Post by agrace90 »

Oddly enough nothing! But I do have my first adjustment in a couple days so I'll let you know what I'm feeling then! Yikes! :/ I'll be mindful and enjoy these last couple days of a carefree mouth. Thanks!

SunshineRay

#13 Post by SunshineRay »

I feel like I am always playing with the stuff in the back of my mouth.....the TAD's and powerchains.

You guys had root beer and pina colada? I feel cheated. I had the mint and my only other choice was bubble gum.

chichi

#14 Post by chichi »

SunshineRay wrote:I feel like I am always playing with the stuff in the back of my mouth.....the TAD's and powerchains.

You guys had root beer and pina colada? I feel cheated. I had the mint and my only other choice was bubble gum.
I don't think mine even had a flavor. It was disgusting and tasted like chalk... maybe it was chalk-flavored and I didn't appreciate it lol
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

kids041

#15 Post by kids041 »

chichi wrote:
SunshineRay wrote:I feel like I am always playing with the stuff in the back of my mouth.....the TAD's and powerchains.

I don't think mine even had a flavor. It was disgusting and tasted like chalk... maybe it was chalk-flavored and I didn't appreciate it lol
Gosh... I had choices like: cola, pina colada, orange, all fruits, and then things like Skittle, peppermint, bubblegum, Starbursts, etc. :wink: They even said that I could mix flavors and make my own!!!! A whole menu of flavors :!:
IT was yucky.... don't get me wrong... no matter what flavor it was!