32 years old and 1 month braced.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Quins

Re: 32 years old and 1 month braced.

#16 Post by Quins »

Hi Amanda.

I have gone through a lot over the years. This also my second time of braces. I just could not take the pressure on the front teeth anymore and that I had to move my jaw back to close my mouth. My case is a mix of everything. On my left side i have a Class I. On my right I have a Class II. In the front I have a edge to edge bite which has been classified boderline Class III. So yeah its hectic. But I thank God everyday that I am able to afford braces and that I got in and started braces with a great ortho within a month. Im just holding on tightly for this ride. Must also say my mouth feels a billion times better today. Cant bite on them because they hurt, but otherwise all is cool.

If I was you I would just monitor that chipped tooth. Last thing a person wants is for the tooth to be extracted after braces. But then again a implant is always a possibility. How long have you had braces and how are you finding the experience?

Alee

#17 Post by Alee »

Quins wrote:Hi Amanda.

I have gone through a lot over the years. This also my second time of braces. I just could not take the pressure on the front teeth anymore and that I had to move my jaw back to close my mouth. My case is a mix of everything. On my left side i have a Class I. On my right I have a Class II. In the front I have a edge to edge bite which has been classified boderline Class III. So yeah its hectic. But I thank God everyday that I am able to afford braces and that I got in and started braces with a great ortho within a month. Im just holding on tightly for this ride. Must also say my mouth feels a billion times better today. Cant bite on them because they hurt, but otherwise all is cool.

If I was you I would just monitor that chipped tooth. Last thing a person wants is for the tooth to be extracted after braces. But then again a implant is always a possibility. How long have you had braces and how are you finding the experience?
I had to look up what the different classes meant, and I really feel for you. After this set of braces will you be able to close your mouth without having to move your jaw back? How did your teeth end up with these problems after your first set of braces? I know there is a jaw expansion surgery. My 6 yr old daughter had the surgery as a newborn. She was born with a birth defect called Pierre Robin Syndrome. Sometime when I was pregnant with her, her jaw stopped growing, and her tongue never fell from the roof of her mouth so she also had a cleft palate. Bc her jaw didn't grow, her airway didn't either, so it was either a trach, or jaw distractors. They put these metal rods through her upper and lower jaw bones, and turned them everyday to grow new bone and pull out her airway. Now I worry about her teeth so much. The rods the used went though some of her tooth buds, and destroyed at least one of her adult molars. She sees an ortho at a childrens hospital, and he said she will need years of treatment to fix everything. She is about to get some spacers, as soon as her molars grow. I know you didn't ask me about all this, but I think she may have some of the same issues as you. Thanks for reading though.

I am concerned with my chipped tooth, but you know I think it might just be some glue left over from getting my bottom braces the other day, I couldn't get floss through, and I was messing with it, and a chunk of glue came off, so we will see. If my ortho was going to pull it, he said he would do it during braces, so we can fix it with the braces. No way id let him pull after, its a good tooth, what's left of it! I've had my tops since may 14, and just got my bottoms 2 days ago! I'm adjusting well, I'm kind of enduring everything, like getting my battle wounds to have perfect teeth! My case was pretty simple though, just crowded, crooked teeth, nothing underlying like you. I do wish you the best, and hope your treatment ends with the result you want! How long have you been in braces? Was it easier as a teen?

Quins

#18 Post by Quins »

Hi Amanda. Hope your daughter all the best. Makes my things look like its nothing. I had palete expansion done as a kid. The expansion was all good but when the expander broke it was fixed. When it came back, it was just impossible to wear it because of the pain it created. I took it out and never wore it again. I did the expansion for about a year. Looking back on some childhood photos its kinda scary thinking that my teeth were so scew. My teeth nearly looked like window blinds open. I also had a slight underbite (class III). Well after the expansion my teeth were looking very good even though i never completed treatment. Also never wore retainers. So its kind of my own fault that I am where I am today. Then at 20 I got impacted wisdom teeth. After going to goverment health system to help with the crowding and pain in my front teeth due to the impacted wisdoms, I was shown away. I was told my case is nothing compared to other people who look like dragons. After months of severe pain I was refered for surgery to remove my wisdoms. Had it done and things started improving. The damage had already been done and my lower incisor pulp died and had to have a root canal done on it. Now I am where I am today because of it all. Braces as a teen hurt a hell of a lot more than now. Never want those days back again. Im now 7 weeks with braces. I will post a pic of my teeth as a child and my bite now. I dont have to move my jaw back as much as before and improving by the day. Please do keep contact.

Quins

#19 Post by Quins »

A quick view of my current sittuation of my teeth and a picture of my teeth as a child. As a child my bite was opened to fix my class III underbite, expansion and crowding.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alee

#20 Post by Alee »

Omg, you look so adorable when you were a.kid! Your teeth look really good now too! Thank you,I might have to get a palate expander, my ortho said its wait and see now. My teeth were never bad, just crowded, and the govt wouldn't help me either. I had all my wisdom teeth removed at once, and 2 were impacted, but that was like 7 yrs ago, I NEVER want to have another tooth removed, it was so painful, and I had stitches all over. I plan on wearing my retainers faithfully, I dont want all this to be for nothing! I'm going to look into a permanent retainer. I will definately keep in touch, I like that we are the same age, and have had our braces for about the same amount of time, and we both got about 2 yrs of treatment, if I can I will send you pic of before and now in a private message, idk
if thats allowed, but I will try! Please also keep in contact! We can be braces buddies!

Quins

#21 Post by Quins »

Thanks Amanda. Wish I still was a kid lol. Im also going to wear my retainers faithfully. I dont want all of this over again. Twice is enough. I will send you my email address on pm if you cant send pictures.

Alee

#22 Post by Alee »

Ok, I will send some. I will send you my email also

Quins

#23 Post by Quins »

4 Days after my first adjustment and my teeth are so painful. Finding it hard today. Food has now become a job to eat and not nice anymore. My top molars are so loose now it feels like they are going to fall out. Its scary. Hope it gets easier.

anedia

#24 Post by anedia »

Quins wrote:4 Days after my first adjustment and my teeth are so painful. Finding it hard today. Food has now become a job to eat and not nice anymore. My top molars are so loose now it feels like they are going to fall out. Its scary. Hope it gets easier.

What have you been eating?
First Consultation: July 16th, 2013
Second Consultation: August 21st, 2013
Extractions (Wisdom + baby tooth): August 22nd, 2013
Brace Date: September 4th, 2013
First Adjustment: October 18th, 2013.

Quins

#25 Post by Quins »

I tried to eat a sandwich, meat, soft fries etc. Its just all to hard. I now make coffee and dunk some biscuits in the coffee and eat that. Lots of brushing. The other reason my teeth are sore is because the ortho changed the rubber ligatures with wire lugatures. He wants my teeth start moving into place. Its hectic.

Alee

#26 Post by Alee »

hi Quins, ive been eating a lot of oatmeal, its not very appetizing, but its so soft you dont have to chew to much. yesterday i ate a piece of my daughters bday cake, and even that hurt. i also sliced up some zucchini and baked it, it was super soft, and not too bad, if you like veggies. i dont eat meat, and even if i did i cant imagine chewing it w braces. but also try yogurt, bananas, smoothies, grits, i eat peanut butter on soft bread, its not hard to eat but can get stuck in your braces.

Quins

#27 Post by Quins »

Hi Alee

Do you want a spare set of teeth...with braces fitted. 32 years old, hardly used. :P I will just go " gum gum style"

I think Im going to settle for yogurt....or.....liquidise all my food. :)

Today is the worst. Thank goodness for pain meds.

anedia

#28 Post by anedia »

Yeah I plan on a lot of smoothies and steamed veggies. I still have a month until mine go on though.
Last edited by anedia on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
First Consultation: July 16th, 2013
Second Consultation: August 21st, 2013
Extractions (Wisdom + baby tooth): August 22nd, 2013
Brace Date: September 4th, 2013
First Adjustment: October 18th, 2013.

Quins

#29 Post by Quins »

Hi Andia

You still getting braces!? :shock: . Lol no just joking. But the teeth are very sensitive and painful after adjustments. After about two weeks my teeth settle down and then you wonder if the braces are still working. Until your next adjustment, then you realize they are working tooooooi well. Your teeth confirm that with hours. Even though I moan and groan, I still laugh.....yeah I laugh in my sleeve knowing other people also wear these tortuaring devices.Rofl

Alee

#30 Post by Alee »

Yes I will take them, you can never have too many sets of spare teeth! I kind of like the pain, pain= progress, crazy I know. I quit snacking, and just have mot been eating much. These suckers are so time consuming to clean its just easier to not eat. As a bonus, I've lost like 10 pds!