Ladies: Do you wear lipstick?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rania

Re: Ladies: Do you wear lipstick?

#31 Post by rania »

I stay away from bold colors. I stick to pinks and light purples. Also I find wearing a clear lipgloss over the lipstick stops the lip from snagging and smearing on the teeth and brackets so much.

Chicken

#32 Post by Chicken »

I have just started wearing a pale pink, as I am not brave enough to wear the Reds yet.

amyhenna

#33 Post by amyhenna »

I just have six brackets on the front bottom teeth so far, but so far I am wearing bright fuschia lipstick to work. (Today is my first day back since getting the brackets applied)

I expect to keep wearing fuschia and red even with all the rest of the brackets put on, which will be happening in two weeks.

Nothing can keep me from lipstick! :rawk:

Dee17

#34 Post by Dee17 »

:thumbsup:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

Ciara

#35 Post by Ciara »

I just bought a light pink with a little bit of glitter in it. It seems to make my teeth look whiter. I can't imagine not wearing some lip colour. I look too pale and washed out when I don't.

isthistaken

#36 Post by isthistaken »

Ciara wrote:I just bought a light pink with a little bit of glitter in it. It seems to make my teeth look whiter. I can't imagine not wearing some lip colour. I look too pale and washed out when I don't.
Did somebody say glitter? Do you know if I can get this in the US? Or do I need to pop over to Harajuku, which I would so love to do at some point.

DisneyNerd

#37 Post by DisneyNerd »

I don't. I don't wear make-up at all.

Ciara

#38 Post by Ciara »

isthistaken wrote:
Ciara wrote:I just bought a light pink with a little bit of glitter in it. It seems to make my teeth look whiter. I can't imagine not wearing some lip colour. I look too pale and washed out when I don't.
Did somebody say glitter? Do you know if I can get this in the US? Or do I need to pop over to Harajuku, which I would so love to do at some point.

I'm sure you can. I picked it up in my local supermarket so didn't have to go as far as Tokyo!

HKFandora

#39 Post by HKFandora »

I love makeup and it hasn't stopped me. I made a video talking about this exact thing. I found that stains as well as lip paint are great for braces. If I'm not hydrated and my lips are dry lipstick can look like a big mess.

Matilda

#40 Post by Matilda »

junglejulie wrote:Does anyone else have these issues?
No.

I love lip glosses and lipsticks. My favorite color is red.

Ambrosia80

#41 Post by Ambrosia80 »

I wear chap stick (blistex, actually:) ) and a little lip liner. Rarely wear lipstick, because it makes my lips feel weird and dry (anyone have a favorite kind to recommend?). And right now I definitely don't want to draw attention to my teeth.. (but maybe I won't mind as much after I've had the braces on for awhile--after things straighten up [only been braced for 5 weeks])! I have upper ceramics, and never even thought of lipstick getting on them! Yikes--glad I read the posts here!

isthistaken

#42 Post by isthistaken »

Ambrosia80 wrote:I wear chap stick (blistex, actually:) ) and a little lip liner. Rarely wear lipstick, because it makes my lips feel weird and dry (anyone have a favorite kind to recommend?). And right now I definitely don't want to draw attention to my teeth.. (but maybe I won't mind as much after I've had the braces on for awhile--after things straighten up [only been braced for 5 weeks])! I have upper ceramics, and never even thought of lipstick getting on them! Yikes--glad I read the posts here!
My favorite is still the Revlon Kissable Just Bitten stuff I mentioned before!!! It is great!

Catlady

#43 Post by Catlady »

I use to wear red or pink a lot before braces. Now that I have braces I don't want to draw attention to my teeth so I stick to light pinks or THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. lips. Sometimes I just throw on a lip balm (Baby Lips by Maybelline- To be exact). Once I get my braces off I'm sure I'll go back to my bold colors!

xanidu2012

#44 Post by xanidu2012 »

Can't leave home without it :lol:

MaryLiz75

#45 Post by MaryLiz75 »

I have more natural colored glosses that I wear, but I wear it every day. I love my big pouty brace lips :)