Braces Journey from Chaotic Choppers - Australia

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

GillyWeed

Re: Braces Journey from Chaotic Choppers - Australia

#106 Post by GillyWeed »

HOLY CRAP! Your teeth look great! And they're so white! The aqua ligs are very flattering. Glad to hear that you won't be in braces as long as you thought but admit it.... you'll miss them :lol:
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

rhibee83

#107 Post by rhibee83 »

Chaotic Choppers wrote:Hey Everyone!!! :-*

Update 5th Adjustment

Hooray!! Another adjustment over and done with! I managed to get in a few days early because I needed my wires clipped.

So he changed my bottom wire to match my top wire.

Replaced my powerchains (I chose aqua :) )

and said I no longer need to use elastics because there are only small gaps remaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump: :singing: WOOOHOOOO!!! :)

Apparently I am well ahead of schedule and my ortho was expecting me to still be in my braces well into next year but he said that at the rate I've been going I will have them off by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!!! You wouldn't believe how excited I was to hear that!

At my next appointment I will be getting brackets put on my back 4 molars...!

Anyway without further ado here is my most recent photo:

wow your teeth do look amazing and so white and straight :) i love that aqua colour!!! and I am so excited for you that you may be getting your braces off by the end of the year, that will come up so fast, soooooo exciting!!!! :) :) I just got mine on 4 days ago... but of a while for me yet lol!

great work :) :)

Chaotic Choppers

#108 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Hey everyone :) :) Sorry I've been so rude! I seem to miss the notifications in my email for some reason (too much spam) :/

Hope everyone is well! And thanks for all of the nice comments! I have to admit that people are talking to me more about my braces since having aqua ligs (I don't know if it's because my 4 gaps are almost closed and my teeth are looking a little less scary or whether everyone just likes aqua!) The aqua has turned a little more green in the last few weeks so my teeth aren't looking as white as those photos but it was nice while it lasted!!

Lol @ Gilly - I will miss my metal mouth once it's gone! And will especially miss the feeling of excitement as a new adjustment appointment comes around (which is about a week away now for me...hmmm what colour??) I'm trying not to get too excited about getting them off early though because who knows what could happen between now and December?

@Rhibee Congratulations on getting your braces on!! It feels like I've just had mine put on (the time just flies and before you know it the ortho starts mentioning when you're getting them off!????)

Have a great week everyone!! No doubt I'll be back next week with an update!!
:heart: CC
Braced upper and lower: 18 July 2012
U4's & L5's Extracted: 22 and 29 October 2012
Elastics Started: 30 October 2012

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420

NICURN85

#109 Post by NICURN85 »

CC!!!
Can't wait to hear what happens at your next appointment. I think you should go with either teal or coral ligs!! I think I'm going to try the grey/silver ligs. I was thinking you have to try them at least once during your braces career!!! :D I am still excited for you to possibly have yours off by December!!! This times is zooming by. We will be at our one year soon!!! Until next time take care!!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Chaotic Choppers

#110 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Hi all :)

Somebody please shoot me! :soremouth:

Update 6th adjustment

Had my appointment 2 days ago and he put new brackets on my very last molars to start bringing them forward (because he has stopped pushing everything back now)... then he put two new wires and powerchained top 6 teeth only (I liked the neat FULL powerchains but now I'm half powerchain and half ligs - not so pretty) AND back in elastics...!! "penguins" this time and to add to the joy he has told me to hook them onto my newly bracketed bottom molars (connecting to top eye teeth). Colour selection: Lilac on top and purple on bottom (I'm going to a costume party (Alice in Wonderland) as the Cheshire Cat so I thought it might be appropriate ;)) (Sorry Kimmie, I will see if I can do one of your suggestions next time :))

OUCH!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already have 3-4 ulcers from the brackets cutting into me and the aching of my newly bracketed teeth (especially the ones with elastics attached) are driving me crazy. Anyway I know it will all pass soon :)

Hope everyone is well, will be on again one day soon with some pics when I have more time :) :) )

xx CC

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420

Chaotic Choppers

#111 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Pic as promised :)

ImageUploaded with ImageShack.us

Tobilei

#112 Post by Tobilei »

They look amazing :thumbsup:

And so white!!!

Sorry you have new ulcers :( Hope things start feeling better soon!

GillyWeed

#113 Post by GillyWeed »

STUNNING! They look great and I loove the two tone purple :heart:
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

NICURN85

#114 Post by NICURN85 »

Chaotic Choppers wrote:Hi all :)

Somebody please shoot me! :soremouth:

Update 6th adjustment

Had my appointment 2 days ago and he put new brackets on my very last molars to start bringing them forward (because he has stopped pushing everything back now)... then he put two new wires and powerchained top 6 teeth only (I liked the neat FULL powerchains but now I'm half powerchain and half ligs - not so pretty) AND back in elastics...!! "penguins" this time and to add to the joy he has told me to hook them onto my newly bracketed bottom molars (connecting to top eye teeth). Colour selection: Lilac on top and purple on bottom (I'm going to a costume party (Alice in Wonderland) as the Cheshire Cat so I thought it might be appropriate ;)) (Sorry Kimmie, I will see if I can do one of your suggestions next time :))

OUCH!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already have 3-4 ulcers from the brackets cutting into me and the aching of my newly bracketed teeth (especially the ones with elastics attached) are driving me crazy. Anyway I know it will all pass soon :)

Hope everyone is well, will be on again one day soon with some pics when I have more time :) :) )

xx CC
CC!!!
My purple buddy at the moment!! I hope those brackets have stopped rubbing because that is such an awful feeling!!! Your teeth are looking WONDERFUL!!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Chaotic Choppers

#115 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Hi everyone!!!

Update 7th Adjustment

I had my 7th adjustment last Wednesday and have finally found some time to post what happened :)

I turned up for my "10 am" appointment and the receptionist said "Your appointment was for 9am"... I felt like crawling under a rock!!! I couldn't believe I had gotten the time wrong!! :paperbag: I blame my phone for changing the time on my calendar appointment but I must say I don't think I've ever been late for an appointment before without knowing that I was late!! so it was doing my head in!! Anyway, my ortho is so cool that he let me in anyway and I had my adjustment (once I could stop my mouth from continually apologising that is).

So now that the gaps have closed up from connecting my very last molars to the rest of my braces, he put full powerchains back on (oh joy) and that was it - a pretty quick appointment after all of that!! Then he said that I could swap the quite loose penguin elastics for the quite tight foxes...but this time to stretch them from my very last molars to my canines (to make them tighter- just in case I wasn't in enough pain). lol!

My mind was racing the entire time (still wondering how I managed to be so silly for getting the appointment wrong) so I hardly paid any attention to him until he said "well as soon as that gap closes - probably next appointment or the following, the braces need to stay on for one more appointment after that and then they can come off!" :huh: I almost fell off the chair!! Then my brain started self talking "Are you serious!! I'm sure they're not ready yet!!! I'm just coming up to 12 months! My two front teeth are still slightly wonky and my bottom teeth aren't even! There's space between my upper and lower teeth! AAAAHhhh!!! " and then my mouth said "wow that's awesome!" and I left the office -without my bag! lol!! (my ortho was kind enough to remind me - more embarrassment!!)

Oh well...I'm sure everything will be fine before he takes them off (he knows his stuff) but it was definitely not what I was expecting to hear so soon!! Didn't I only get these on a few months back? Will my teeth fall out without the gentle hugging of my braces to hold them in?? Ahhh what are retainers going to be like?!!!! I mean it could be another 6 months (seeing that my appointments are up to 2 months apart) but that is still sooner than my mind was thinking!

Anyway, before I start to panic again :) Here is my most recent photo and I'll post my first braces pic as well so you can see the difference:

Now

But earlier... (sorry I could've picked a better photo)

Hope everyone is doing well!!

CC

rhibee83

#116 Post by rhibee83 »

Your teeth are looking amazing!! So white and straight :) I am jealous hehe that is exciting they might be coming off earlier! Great news :)

Tobilei

#117 Post by Tobilei »

They look fantastic!!! And yay for a debracing time!!! I'm superbly envious!!! That's awesome!

And lol at your day. I have those all the time. I'm sure I have a reputation at my ortho's office (among other places) for being a scatterhead. Always showing up early or late or just entirely on the wrong day (at least I get the time right those times?) and forgetting to take stuff with me.

Chaotic Choppers

#118 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Thanks Rhibee and glad I'm not alone Tobilei :) I think I must just get overexcited to go to my ortho! Hope you guys are going well! :-*

NICURN85

#119 Post by NICURN85 »

CC!

Just checking on you to see how things are going!! I hope everything is going well with your teeth!!

Kimmie
~KIMMIE

Chaotic Choppers

#120 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Hey Kimmie!! I'm almost ready to upload some more photos but I need a better connection so will come back as soon as I can! I'm going well!!! Hopefully at my next appointment (in 4 weeks) I will have my gap closed up and then I'll be scheduled to be debraced!!!!! Kimmie I'll try to come back really soon with a proper update!

xx CC