Weight & Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tobilei

Re: Weight & Braces

#31 Post by Tobilei »

I've gained too. I initially lost a couple of kilo's but it didn't take me long to figure out that I could manage to stuff my face with junk and that junk is lovely and soft and easy to chew :(

FabBy40

Re: Love this diet...

#32 Post by FabBy40 »

[quote="MerryKate"]I've lost 10 lbs. in 9 weeks and hope to keep losing. I would have gotten braces 15 years ago if the ortho had told me the weight just falls off. Granted, it's due to pain and a general sense of nausea, but the weight loss would have been incentive enough![/quote]

What brought on the nausea?

anarchy45

#33 Post by anarchy45 »

I weighed 187 pounds on January 17th 2013 when I got my first appliance in... in the 5 months that have passed, I am now at 164. In January I had to buy a few pairs of pants 1" wider than usual. Last week I had a few holes punched into my new, shorter belt, because it became too loose :huh:

I have definitely cut down on the snacking - it is so disgusting to have food stuck in my braces, and I hate having to spend 10 minutes picking it out... like the parsley in my [exceptionally tasty] pasta sauce last night. I got to enjoy all the tidbits of my meal that were stuck in my braces between dinner and snack time. :crazy:

ctachuk

#34 Post by ctachuk »

I feel like I have been losing weight and it has been three days. It probably didn't help I ended up getting the flu the night I got my braces on.
I feel like I am not able to eat as much as I want to though, I'm craving some substance! Apple sauce just doesn't get the job done sometimes.

Jackco

#35 Post by Jackco »

I have had braces for 3 years in November and will probebly have them for another year as my dentist screwed my teeth so a lot had to happen but in 3 years I have lost 2 stone all together which I am really happy about because I was already a bit over weight and it also had to do with my diet I had and to you guys who have or are getting a metal bar running from your back teeth straight through the middle of your mouth to your other back teeth may I just say you will lose so much weight their as you have to find a different way to swallow and it was really hard for me

AlfredoS

#36 Post by AlfredoS »

I have lost a few pounds but I don't think its just due to having braces. I am definitely laying off the sugar a lot more though because its so much harder to clean.

Steph30

#37 Post by Steph30 »

Yesss.. I'm not complaining! 15 pounds down in about 5 months.. So much less snacking, eating is so time consuming now, half the time I just give up.. so my meals are much smaller and fewer between.

I do still indulge in pasta and soft foods because they are so much easier to eat!!

Maybe I should start exercising and see if I can get back to my pre-baby weight.. that would be a miracle lol :HugeGrin:

svar2201

#38 Post by svar2201 »

I have lost 4 pounds in the past one month, but mostly due to better food habits and increase in physical activity levels. I have been trying to eat healthier. My diet consists of low carb food, moderate vegetarian protein, lots of vegetables (salads, stir fry with less oil, steamed, boiled veggies, etc), 3-4 servings of fruits and some amount of good fat. I attend 2 group fitness classes a week too. The braces are bonus in the weight loss journey because I cannot eat pizza even if I want to. The thought of having to brush after every dessert makes me eat them less. I gave up snacking all day, thanks to the braces.