Hoping for Braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JeniK

Hoping for Braces

#1 Post by JeniK »

HI Everyone! I am 55 and am hoping for braces. Sounds strange...but I find out next week. Have to have clearance from my family doctor because of a medication I am on. My fingers are crossed that I am cleared. This is something I have wanted all my life. Sort of feels like my bucket list. I have been reading some post on here. I thought I would give it a try!! :D

SunshineRay

Re: Hoping for Braces

#2 Post by SunshineRay »

How exciting! Keep us posted on what they/you decide.

JeniK

#3 Post by JeniK »

Sunshine Ray!! Thanks for the reply!! Will post as soon as I know...:-)

ScottR

#4 Post by ScottR »

Good luck. I'm 55 and still procrastinating on getting braces. Keep us posted on your journey.

JeniK

#5 Post by JeniK »

ScottR.....I sure will. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning!! I hope I get the gift I want....a clearance for braces!!

JeniK

#6 Post by JeniK »

Well...tomorrow is the day. Either I get clearance from my physician, or told no because of the medication I am on. I am hoping for the clearance big time. Either way I will post what I find out. I have been reading alot on this medication. I have some of my own thoughts on it...but since I am not the physician...all I have are hopes and wishes! But here is to positive thoughts..... :jump:

rhibee83

#7 Post by rhibee83 »

Good luck!!! Hope you get told you can become a braceface like us :) :)

:-* :jump:

JeniK

#8 Post by JeniK »

Well...My answer was...Yes I can!! But....there is always a but! I have to wait 2 months to get some of the med out of my system. On one hand I was a bit disappointed because
I am so anxious to get this started.....and on the other hand....I am delighted I was told yes! Time seems to go so fast without wanting 2 months to get here faster.

rhibee83

#9 Post by rhibee83 »

oh that is great news!! I know the waiting is a pain! I hope it flys by for you and you will be braced in no time :) :) :-*

JeniK

#10 Post by JeniK »

Thanks rhibee83 ! Like all the others have said....I am so glad I found this forum!! I will wait this week to see if I get a call. My doctor is faxing the letter back to the orth. Hopefully I will get an appt date set the first week of Aug!! This is really going to happen!!

blueribbon

#11 Post by blueribbon »

Yay! I am so happy you will be able to get braces!!
It'll be worth the wait :D

JeniK

#12 Post by JeniK »

I would like opinions. I have the clearance from my doctor...but have to wait 2 months. My doctor has sent a letter...I am assuming it was faxed to the ortho. I am trying to decide if A ) Wait until the office calls me to maybe set up appt in Aug ....
or B) call tomorrow and see if they will schedule my appt in Aug ?
I think I will call tomorrow.....the worst thing they can tell me is.....call closer to the time ?? Think I just had to voice this out loud ( sort of ) to get my answer! LOL Thanks for listening.... (reading) !! :lol:

SunshineRay

#13 Post by SunshineRay »

I would call but you already are. :D

JeniK

#14 Post by JeniK »

OMG!! I am down to 6 days...excited or nervous? Not sure at this time!! :crazy:

SunshineRay

#15 Post by SunshineRay »

eeek! That went fast!