OK--This was not the plan!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

Re: OK--This was not the plan!

#721 Post by klobird »

Thanks Real--I still enjoy coming to this site, but am afraid I might be ticking some people off because I am debraced now....I know I had a little trouble with it to be honest. It's hard to admit that I felt that way, but I really, really did......

iBorg

#722 Post by iBorg »

You look very happy....and you should be!

Do you find yourself looking at mirrors, smiling at yourself and then smiling inside? You have a great result.....I'm sure you think it was worth it.

(and being debraced, I hope I didn't irate you too much. I felt part of giving back to this group was to help hold the hands of others much like others held mine)

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

klobird

#723 Post by klobird »

Well like I told you earlier--I have ALWAYS appreciated your input Mike. It has always meant a lot to me. So, I guess I'll hang around and encourage others!

As far as looking at myself in the mirror--CONSTANTLY! I still can't believe those are my teeth! I feel like I look like a "normal" person now (as opposed to looking like a horse--which someone told me once...). It's just really nice--you know what I'm saying....!

Thanks for your comments!! :heart:

SunshineRay

#724 Post by SunshineRay »

I just browsed through your story and your teeth look great! Congrats!!

starfish88

#725 Post by starfish88 »

I agree that if you want to stay you should! It's great to have the input of people who have finished, who else could we ask all our debanding questions to and who else to remind us if the light at the end of the tunnel. So glad you are loving your 'new teeth'!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

Kipepeo

#726 Post by Kipepeo »

You know what, Klo....there are people who read this site and find encouragement from others who go through all this expense, pain, irritation, etc, finish treatment, and then are giddy beyond belief. If you don't come back every now and then and post that you are still happy, what will those folks get out of it?

Also, if you come back and post issues you're having in the retention phase, then it gives those still in treatment something to consider, and perhaps discuss with their ortho.

For example, I rarely read the naked tooth forum. I read the braces diaries, and the metal mouth message boards almost exclusively. There have been many times someone has posted some issue about debanding (I need to make sure my ortho actually uses the Damon bracket remover), type of retention (I switched from lower bonded and upper/lower hawleys), relapse (mine move fast, so I can't go even a few hours without retention).

You need to stay here and contribute, even if to remind us and yourself how awesome your result is, how worth it it is, and usher the next generation through.

I miss you and your wit on here....come back and play with us!

Dee17

#727 Post by Dee17 »

No, Klobird, I agree with Kipepeo. I think it's important that you keep coming back. People like you are great help and inspiration to people who are just starting out and who need to know that the light at the end of the tunnel really isn't the headlight of an oncoming train!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

EbonyQ

#728 Post by EbonyQ »

Stay on this site Klobird!!! I need you! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

And I love your teeth!! WOW!!!!!!! :shock: :jump: :jump: :shock: :shock: :rose: :dance: You should be very proud of yourself for doing it 100%! :)

[/url]

BracedSurgeryStudent

#729 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Klobird you look so beautiful and happy to share here is me without braces on too. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jenn Medeiros

klobird

#730 Post by klobird »

I'm still coming back.....it's just such a habit!! I also look mainly at the braces stories and metal mouth forum. Even now, I don't look much at the retainer or naked tooth or whatever that forum is.

Hey BSS!!--Your teeth look FANTASTIC!! It's so weird when people post their pics--they become very real, and so not like what you think! You look great!

Thanks Kip and Dee and Star! Eb--I am going to post on your blog....

It's weird now--except for when I look in the mirror, it's like I never even had braces...well, except when I put in the pain in the butt Essix retainers--I'm saying as I drag myself to the bathroom to brush and put them back in.... :yuck: .

Dee17

#731 Post by Dee17 »

I am also looking forward to when this whole experience is a distant memory. I know it will all be worth it in the end. I've been doing a lot of walking lately with my dog because I want to try to lose 50 lbs by the time I get my braces off in 18 months. So far, I have lost 15. For me, walking is a real chore. Even though I have my lovely little doggie's company, I do NOT enjoy it. But I walk 2 miles with with in the morning and then again in the afternoon. I guess that's sort of how I view my journey in this mouth hardware. You just have to put one foot in front of the other and just DO IT and it will be worth it when you get to the finish line. Right? Right? Please someone say that's the truth!
-- Maya Angelou

[

and here:

klobird

#732 Post by klobird »

Hey Dee---I admire you! Losing 15 pounds is not easy to do! Maybe I need to get a dog too--but knowing me, I would probably pick out a hound, or something totally not interested in walking. Actually, I really LOVE to walk and hike and there is so much to see and so many new places to hike where I live. I just don't have enough time. :wink:

It will ALL be so worth it Dee!! I absolutely promise you---you will not be sorry for sticking with it!!!!!

Dee17

#733 Post by Dee17 »

Hey Klobird,
Thanks for your encouragement. Yes, I know that losing 15 lbs is not easy. My little doggie just LOVES to walk and he is always ready to go so that part has been pretty easy. I must say that losing the weight has not been all that hard. I really haven't changed my eating habits all that much. I've just been much more attentive to portion sizes. I know the walking has really helped me. I want to lose 50 lbs by the time I get my braces off so that I will be a totally different woman! I think I can do it.
I'm also pretty motivated because I know that if I lose 50 lbs my diabetes will go away. I've been diabetic for about 25 years with no complications as yet. I'd like to get rid of it completely so I have another good reason to try to walk the rest of this weight off me.
You've been a tremendous inspiration and help to me along my braces journey and I'm very grateful to have "met" you, Klobird. I am so happy that everything worked out so well for you in the end!
-- Maya Angelou

[

and here:

BracedSurgeryStudent

#734 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Thanks klobird and I couldn't agree more, I've had my picture taken many times with braces on and I've had em for a while so to look at my pictures without braces is wow even to me.
Jenn Medeiros

Realizingadream

#735 Post by Realizingadream »

BracedSurgeryStudent wrote:Klobird you look so beautiful and happy to share here is me without braces on too. :)
Oh my goodness Braced Surgery Student: I thought someone had posted my picture here! YOU LOOK LIKE ME only younger and with STRAIGHT TEETH. Wow, I have a vision for my future!

Real