Can I do it?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jem

Re: Can I do it?

#481 Post by jem »

Hey chin up , Eb, you CAN do this!

Best wishes

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

EbonyQ

#482 Post by EbonyQ »

Yesterday I sent my boss an SMS asking if we could just remove my braces. The dental phobia (ortho phobia) was terrible and I could not stop thinking about removing them, they had to get off my teeth.

Boss had an ortho meeting at our clinic, it was supposed to be finish at 10.15 pm and he said that we could do it after this meeting if I wanted it. Sent Eric an e-mail, telling him that I was on my way to our clinic to remove my braces. I did not know if he would want to see me after the debonding of not, to have an appoitment to see my teeth when the braces was gone.

On my way to work it was first 30 min with buss while crying, and then 30 min with a light train (almost like the underground) with some more crying before I arrived at work. Unfortunately this meeting was far from over at 10.15, they were not finish before 11.10! I could of course wait in the clinic but I did not want other orthos see me crying and with this anxiety, I therefor waited outside. Boss offered me to sit in his car but I wanted the fresh air.

When I arrived at our clinic boss greeted me with a huge smile and offered me some of the left overs from the meeting. I´m sure I looked like a mess with the make up all over my face and those red eyes from crying. The hair... let´s not talk about it...

I made the chair ready for my own debonding and could almost not remember what was needed in a debonding, despite that I had done this a million times. More crying.
When I had found my spot in the chair, ready to get started and get these off my teeth, boss stopped it all, he wanted to talk first.
Was this what I really wanted, why not try it a little longer, really having me to use my head to answer them. What about the elastics with colors I liked as mush? I could not longer use them if I remove my braces.

Boss is very good at putting things into a perspective. When I answered his questions he explained that it was the ortho phobia speaking now but what about the little ortho inside of me, what did she think?
The ortho inside of me is not happy with this result and want to continue with the treatment.

Boss explained that I needed to get the ortho phobia and the ortho inside of me to meet in the middle, to talk to each other. He suggested that I try braces a few more days and see if this anxiety did get a little better. I could ask him whenever I wanted to remove these braces, even at the weekends and after work, and he would do it. Just give it a few more days.

If I wanted he could remove them now but he would prefer that I waited a few more days, just to see if things would get better. And which I eventually agreed to.

Boss drove me home again, and in the car I asked him if he have had an assistant like me before, with this phobia, which he reply that he had never had an assistant with this phobia before. He must think I´m crazy!!
I did such a great job and was such a great person with our pt, that he would do what he could do to make me like my job. Supporting me was something he would always do.
What a great boss!

He even asked me if I wanted to arrive later for work today, so I could get some sleep. It was almost 12.30 when I arrived home!! 5,5 hours before I needed to get up again for work! But I did not need it.
Last edited by EbonyQ on Wed May 15, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

[/url]

EbonyQ

#483 Post by EbonyQ »

Today Eric´s clinic called me to ask me if I could come for an appointment today, I guess Eric had read my e-mail!

I was in there for 75 min!! There was a lot of talking for sure, about my treatment, about the anxiety about this and about that. Eric was very happy that I did not remove them.

He asked me if I think about the positive things when I get this these-braces-must-off-anxiety, which I don´t, all I can think of is to get these off and how I can do it. It almost becomes an obsession.

Don´t know how he does it but he somehow always get me to continue my treatment, despite that I was originally set to remove them.

Today he did a “lot” with my braces (a lot to be on my braces but not what is a lot for your braces :roll: ) and for each thing needed to be done he gave me several option, so I could choose which I liked the best.

So I walked out of there with my braces and they are still on. I will give these braces a few more days, I promised boss that and I will keep this promise. The these-need-to-get-off-my-teeth-feeling is still there though...

[/url]

Angel269

#484 Post by Angel269 »

Hi Eb

i commend your determination and before you know it they will be off whern they are supposed to and be finished :-)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

EbonyQ

#485 Post by EbonyQ »

So the debonding I have so long requested happened today.

I asked boss once more if we could remove them and we come up with a compromise. He would debond me but just to give me a break from the anxiety, the braces will be bonded back on in a few days ( I have a lot that needs to be fixed with my bite so he would want them on again).

The reason he agreed to this was because he knew I could not get rid of this thought about debonding, it has been on my mind for so long and he knew that I would not managed to get rid of this thought before something happened. And debonding me now when I agree to get them on again is much better then me waiting too long and wating to remove them for ever.

And he agreed to do it 11 pm! wow! He came to get me at my home, we drove to work, he debonded me, on our way home he gave me a hamburger (eating was a blessing, no food getting stuck on my upper teeth), and drove me home again.

He is the best boss ever! :heart:

So today I it did. He removed my upper braces and I have a “braces break” :lol: Don´t think many people have had that before :roll: .

Wow, they look so huge!! And strange!! It feels so strange to have my lip on my teeth again. And to brush them, wow! It was so easy!

And right now it´s working. I can´t feel any anxiety and the thoughts about debonding is gone.
Maybe this break was something I needed?

I´m so going to enjoy my "braces break"!!! :HugeGrin:

[/url]

whiteswan

#486 Post by whiteswan »

Wow...you are very lucky to have such a great boss! I'm glad you are feeling good about this braces break. Are you getting a retainer while you wait? It may be difficulty to put them back on after getting to live with braces teeth for a while but, if you can do it, it might be just what you need to put your brain into reset.

Take some pictures! Lets see your beautiful braceless teeth:)

whiteswan

#487 Post by whiteswan »

If you are mainly just closing gaps and aligning the bite, would invisalign be an option for you at this point? This way you could give yourself very short temporary breaks when needed (i.e. take an hour off and then back in).

SunshineRay

#488 Post by SunshineRay »

You do have a great boss!
Do you anxiety problems in other areas of your life? I feel so bad for you and your dental issues. :(

Mylovedtheeth

#489 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

You are doing so great! Post some pictures. O my, I'm so jealous :o
I'm debraced after 2 rears and 1 weak of treatment.

EbonyQ

#490 Post by EbonyQ »

Whiteswan: My case is a very complicated one, so invisalign is not an option for me unfortunately.

My lower jaw is too narrow and short, creating an 8 mm overjet and a very strong scissor bite. Got a very deep bite (I almost bite myself in my palate), among other things.

They will be on again on Sunday or Monday, so there are no retainer is needed.
We only debonded canine to canine, I still have brackets on my molars but I can´t feel them at all (just the brackets, not arch wire).

SunshineRay: No, this is the only anxiety I have. I feel sorry for those who have anxiety for common everyday things.

Mylovedteeth: You have only had your braces for 3 months! Not allowed to think about getting them off yet! :wink:

I´m wearing a nation dress today because it´s our national day today!

[/url]

Mylovedtheeth

#491 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

So beautiful! :D
Actually they may remove my braces. :shock: cause after last antibiotic therapy an opportunist bacteria overgrow in my mouth and I have constant oral mucosa inflammation and braces do not help, they give additional bacteria retention. Currently I'm taking another antibiotic for this bacteria this time. But the doctors says if I have this ones it might return. Really I suffer a lot with this braces. Anxiety and stress additionally lower my immunity. Things are so hard for me. On the other hand as much I hate my braces as I do not want take them off, cause what ? leave this unclosed extractions gap?
I'm debraced after 2 rears and 1 weak of treatment.

whiteswan

#492 Post by whiteswan »

Wow!!!!! Looks amazing! Now you know what is ahead of you in your post-braces life. Maybe this will help you have something to visualize for the finish line?

starfish88

#493 Post by starfish88 »

Your teeth really do look amazing! Its nice to see a picture and put a face to a name. I always imagined you with black hair because of your name! Then again Klobird looked nothing like how I imagined either! I love your national dress! Enjoy your braces break. How did you find de-bonding. I had some brackets repositioned and it was a bit uncomfortable but maybe it was because my teeth were sensitive. Its impressive you are going through debonding - funny what the anxiety does to us eh? Good luck!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

BracedSurgeryStudent

#494 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Hey Ebony your teeth are beautiful, I also got my braces off!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jenn Medeiros

BracedSurgeryStudent

#495 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Hey Ebony, my deep bite was soooo bad I actually did bite into my palate, it was really bad because there's be a huge red bubble there from biting into it.
Jenn Medeiros