TADs and short molars...?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rawr101

TADs and short molars...?

#1 Post by rawr101 »

Ok I supposed be getting TADs or miniscrews put in my upper palate in a few weeks and I have a concern. Right now there seems to be barely enough room on my molars for my brackets. (Like my fingernail cant feel the small space between my gums and the top of the bracket).if my molars are supposed to be pulled up by the TADs is it possible for the bracket to start digging into and be pulled into my gums as well. This feels like a stupid question but i cant figure out the logistics of how that is supposed to work?Any ideas or advice? Thanks

kp2

Re: TADs and short molars...?

#2 Post by kp2 »

Is there a benefit to using TAD's in correcting a right posterior crossbite instead of the traditional rubber bands? I have two orthodontic evaluations and one orthodontist states using a TAD, palatal expander, and wires is necessary to get the best results; however, the second orthodontist doesn't use TAD's and recommends using a fixed palatal expander and rubber bands with wires and if that doesn't correct crossbite, then surgery?! Help please :(

rawr101

#3 Post by rawr101 »

Well my ortho mentioned that with rubber bands it could cause the jaw to move forward..and that the results with TADs would be more precise and predictable

isthistaken

#4 Post by isthistaken »

Yeah, TADS are supposed to be cutting edge. I haven't had one installed yet, but based on what I've heard and read I would rather have a TAD than surgery.

[...;however, prepare for a big moanfest, because it will probably hurt like the Dickens.]