Jem's belated story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EbonyQ

Re: Jem's belated story

#106 Post by EbonyQ »

I´m crossing my fingers for you Jem! :thumbsup:
You got your braces around the same time as me, I remember it very well. I told you that I wold give you some of my treatment time and I guess I did :lol:

[/url]

jem

#107 Post by jem »

Hi Eb,

You did indeed give me some of your treatment time-but it has been a pleasure sharing it with you!

And I am now pretty relaxed about it. It will be finished when it is finished.

Here's to good progress for both of us.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

kellyb

#108 Post by kellyb »

hey jem jem, how are you :D

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

jem

#109 Post by jem »

Hi Kellyb,

I'm fine thanks. I have finally seen some progress with my left lateral in recent weeks and I don't think I am too far from finishing now. But I think there is still some tweaking required on each of my 4 incisors. I don't know if that can all be done simultaneously or whether it has to be done sequentially.My next appointment is 2 weeks today and I will try to have a detailed discussion with my ortho. My appointments are usually at 6 week intervals, so I hope to be finished around 10 June or more likely 22 July. So you and I started at the same time and will hopefully be finishing close together.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012

kellyb

#110 Post by kellyb »

great to see that an end is in sight :D . we are indeed brace twins :mrgreen:
looking forward to your update after your next appointment in the next couple of weeks.

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

braceface74

#111 Post by braceface74 »

Can we be triplets :-)
Braces journey 16/01/2012 - 03/06/2013 :)

My Braces story

jem

#112 Post by jem »

That would be good!

jem

#113 Post by jem »

So I had my 11th adjustment yesterday. My ortho is pleased with progress with my left lateral. I have kept the same stainless steel wire, but she has deepened the "step" on the left hand side to further improve the relative positions of my central and lateral incisors and has added a shallow step on the right hand side for the same purpose. My next adjustment is on 10 June. My ortho said nothing to suggest I would be debraced then, but I don't think we will be too far off.

I won't post any pics at the moment as I have a cold sore-it just had to erupt on the morning of an ortho appointment! I suppose I should have expected it, as I always get them after I have overstressed myself and compromised by immune system - which I did by walking 26 miles on Saturday. No regrets, though, as it was a glorious walk across the Peak District in Derbyshire.

I hope everyone is well.

Jem

jem

#114 Post by jem »

Cold sore not too noticeable in pictures, so here they are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Angel269

#115 Post by Angel269 »

How's things Jem?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

jem

#116 Post by jem »

Hi Angel,

Good to hear from you. Hope you are still enjoying that killer smile.

All good with me thanks. I think tomorrow is my 500th day braced which is a lot longer than I expected, but I don't mind as I am seeing progress. My 4 incisors are still not quite perfectly level, but are not far off. My biggest issue is now my left canine which is still flaring outwards somewhat. I can't expect perfect symmetry of my 6 front teeth as the left lateral is narrower than the right so more canine is exposed behind it. But the flaring of the left canine exaggerates this and also my right canine is more "front to back" since my ortho moved the bracket a few months ago. I may ask her to move it back.

My next adjustment is 10 June after we get back from holiday in Devon. One of the friends we are meeting there has had an Inman Aligner fitted, so it will be interesting to see what progress she has made with that. My ortho said an Inman Aligner would not be suitable for me; I got the impression she does not particularly rate them.

Hoping to be debraced in July-perhaps I will get some news on 10 June?

Jem

Angel269

#117 Post by Angel269 »

Hi Jem

Good to hear about the progress but sorry to hear that you are still undergoing active treatment. Hope that you will soon only be having to think about retainers.

I am now used to my bonded retainer and am glad that I don't just use the Essix, as the bonded gives me the closest to "naked" teeth than being stuck in the Essix 24/7. I am more than happy to wear my Essix nightly (my decision, to be sure-was told it was just a back up). I will eventually wear the Essix a few times a week but not just yet.

P.s-Have fun in Devon, I live in Somerset :-)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

jem

#118 Post by jem »

Thanks Angel,

Your retainer set up sounds ideal. I hope my ortho will let me do the same. I thing bonded retainers are quite rare on upper teeth because for many people they will interfere with their bite . I hope that will not be the case for me. I originally went into this process wanting some kind of removable brace but am now so glad I got fixed and have no option to remove it.I would want also to wear my retainer 24/7 but would find that hard with a clear essix type if it has to be removed when I go out for coffee. or a meal or to the pub. I could easily lose 4 or 5 hours per day which would not be good in the first months of supposedly full time wear. But my ortho has not mentioned retainers since my very first appointment so I will have to wait and see. I don't want to bother her about retainers whilst I am still trying to get final active treatment completed.

Will wave at you in Somerset on the way past!

Jem

Kipepeo

#119 Post by Kipepeo »

Angel and Jem, you bring up a very good point about the Essix. I'm getting the tray type retainers and no bonded, which I'm really glad about. I don't want anything permanent left in my mouth. However, with trays there are limitations, such as what you can drink while wearing them.

So I thought about my current habits. I typically have just 1 cup of coffee in the morning to get going, then I drink water throughout the day. And ever since having braces, I rarely snack, and eat at sort of set times. So for me I don't think the trays will be a bother. In fact, they will help me maintain my no snacking lifestyle!

Jem, I really hope you get some good news on June 10th. I admire your patience for the last year as you work to get what you want.

jem

#120 Post by jem »

Thank you Kip, but I think you are the one whose perseverance is to be admired, having initially started out on a short spell with a spring aligner but finding yourself still in full braces two years on.

I am not a particularly patient person but I reached a point some time ago where my brace just no longer bothers me and is not a big deal. I guess it helps that I am only having limited treatment and with clear brackets, so no problems with elastics etc and the brace is relatively unobtrusive.

Kip, whilst you are undoubtedly the poster girl for Damon Clear braces, I am really looking forward to seeing your debraced pictures in the near future.

Jem