Am I the oldest in active treatment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

isthistaken

Re: Am I the oldest in active treatment?

#16 Post by isthistaken »

very encouraging, Tim!

plugnickel69

#17 Post by plugnickel69 »

Wow, Tim, almost three years. Glad it was worth it and you're still following happenings here six years later. Do you ever miss your braces?

TimSeattle

#18 Post by TimSeattle »

plugnickel69 wrote:Wow, Tim, almost three years. Glad it was worth it and you're still following happenings here six years later. Do you ever miss your braces?
Every day I wore braces was worth it. I don't miss braces, but if I had to do it over again at my age (64), I'd do it without hesitation. I'm really glad that you posted about older adults with braces. I think that older adults who are in braces/have had braces should support each other.

Yes, I'm one of the original 10 members of this version of the forum and pop in now and then, though not regularly.

Take care and hang in there.
"Every tooth in a man's mouth is more valuable than a diamond" Don Quixote

Braces On: 5/2004
Braces Off: 3/2007

plugnickel69

#19 Post by plugnickel69 »

Make sure you come back and visit us every once in a while!

Dee17

#20 Post by Dee17 »

I am 54 -- will be 55 in August. Most of my self-consciousness is gone now, thank goodness. Still somewhat embarrassed but I've mostly been able to get past that.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

plugnickel69

#21 Post by plugnickel69 »

I think it's hard to get rid of the self-consciousness as I'm almost always aware of the braces, but I've never felt embarrassed. My view is that most people don't care at all, and as I've said many times before, many of the others probably envy us for having the courage to go ahead and fix our orthodontic problems, so there's no reason to be embarrassed.

marybee

#22 Post by marybee »

I was 55 and no concerns. I want these to be my "forever teeth"!

plugnickel69

#23 Post by plugnickel69 »

There must be someone lurking out there older than 66!