Happy Easter with braces!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Anna5

Happy Easter with braces!

#1 Post by Anna5 »

I just wanted to wish you all a happy Easter! Hopefully you will still enjoy all the delicious food with your braces on, fortunately eggs are very soft :D

isthistaken

Re: Happy Easter with braces!

#2 Post by isthistaken »

Thank you, Anna and Happy Easter to you!!! No malted milk eggs this year, but maybe I could turn them into a pudding! Almost anything can be turned into a pudding. :D

Ciara

#3 Post by Ciara »

Happy Easter to you too! I'm going to indulge myself with a large piece of very rich-looking chocolate cake very soon....

steph56

#4 Post by steph56 »

Happy Easter from Steph 56. No white chocolate bunnies this year for me. But I am enjoying rice pudding and
cottage cheese with my favorite yogurts, mixed berries and SPAM SPAM SPAM and peach!!!

This is the 2nd month for me with Damon metal braces or the self-ligating kind. I'm still on the 1st wire -
but I still can't eat regular foods like meat. Still on the soup thing (creamy soups). There is still too much pressure in
my teeth to bite down. Eating soup and even yogurts causes pressure (there is no pain really, just alot of pressure).
My teeth are now developing spaces between quite fast now that my wisdom teeth were pulled 2/18.

ANyway, quickly, is anyone else experiencing the same diet, two months into treatment?

Steph

kt87

#5 Post by kt87 »

Happy Easter! Enjoy the chocolate if you can! :)
Luckily for me I'm not a big chocolate fan otherwise I think I'd be very unhappy this easter lol

Tobilei

#6 Post by Tobilei »

Happy Easter everyone!

Luckily chocolate can be sucked (and melted ;)).

isthistaken

#7 Post by isthistaken »

Steph, I'm almost 5 weeks since getting braces and my diet is the same as at the beginning: cream of wheat, applesauce, cream soup, pudding. My jeans are getting quite loose, which is not a bad thing. I'm afraid I might be getting a bit anemic though, and need to take some iron.

Paige

#8 Post by Paige »

Hello everyone, my first post, in order to activate my account! I wasn't sure where to post so thought I would go with a Happy Easter!

Ciara

#9 Post by Ciara »

Paige wrote:Hello everyone, my first post, in order to activate my account! I wasn't sure where to post so thought I would go with a Happy Easter!
Welcome to the board!

Tobilei

#10 Post by Tobilei »

Paige wrote:Hello everyone, my first post, in order to activate my account! I wasn't sure where to post so thought I would go with a Happy Easter!
Welcome :mrgreen:

Paige

#11 Post by Paige »

Thank you everyone! I look forward to having made 7 posts so that I can see pictures to help me decide whether to get braces!

Anna5

#12 Post by Anna5 »

I hope you all had a great Easter! And welcome to you, Paige!

amyhenna

#13 Post by amyhenna »

Hi Everyone! It's the day after Easter now. I got my bottom front six braces on Thursday, and now my teeth don't come together to bite. For Easter. I ate soaked nuts put in a food processor with dates (came out nice and soft), with an apple put through a food processor on top. It was so good!

isthistaken

#14 Post by isthistaken »

amyhenna wrote:Hi Everyone! It's the day after Easter now. I got my bottom front six braces on Thursday, and now my teeth don't come together to bite. For Easter. I ate soaked nuts put in a food processor with dates (came out nice and soft), with an apple put through a food processor on top. It was so good!
My Easter meals consisted of oatmeal (ground fine in a coffee grinder,) navy bean soup (got some Easter ham in there for flavor,) and applesauce. Norman Rockwell it wasn't. LOL

rhibee83

#15 Post by rhibee83 »

my Easter consisted of about 54 hot cross buns LOL well maybe not THAT many but i ate alot of them hahaha and a cadbury crunchy easter bunny that my boyfriend bought me. My waist is not liking me right now hahaha! :)