Bikerchick85's Quest for a Perfect Smile *With Pics!*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bikerchick85

Re: Bikerchick85's Quest for a Perfect Smile *With Pics!*

#31 Post by Bikerchick85 »

And more....
As you can see in the picture marked Lower 1 Month, I have a really long central incisor! It's driving me nuts! I keep hitting it against my top teeth! And it looks funky!! I hope this is something that can be fixed!!! :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

Bikerchick85

#32 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Tobilei wrote:(((hugs))) I go through those days (or sometimes a few days in a row) feeling like that too, just wishing I could take them off for a couple of hours and have a break (but then I'd probably never put them back on again). Hope things are feeling a little better soon.
Thank you, Tobilei! I am still having these days occassionally. But I'm slowly learning to ignore them and not look at them ALL THE TIME! It seems it's making the time go by even slower!! Like watching and waiting for water to boil!! I saw your updated pics on your story and looks like yours are really on the move!!! :)

JillianElizabeth

#33 Post by JillianElizabeth »

They look great already girl! Can't wait to get mine started! Thanks for referring me here!

Bikerchick85

#34 Post by Bikerchick85 »

JillianElizabeth wrote:They look great already girl! Can't wait to get mine started! Thanks for referring me here!
You're welcomes girlie! I love this forum!!! It's so cool I actually know someone on here now!

beckyboo0205

#35 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Wow your lowers look so great in just a month! They changed so fast!

I'm addicted to this forum too!

Tobilei

#36 Post by Tobilei »

Wow, you've had amazing changes in the lowers!! I'm impressed! You must be stoked :mrgreen:

Bikerchick85

#37 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Thanks guys!! It does make me happy that they have moved fast!! I wish I could get started on the powerchains and elastics!! Then I'd really feel like we were making progress!! LOL! :)

Funsizee

#38 Post by Funsizee »

OMG your teeth look amazing!!! I just got my braces yesterday and I'm hoping I my teeth will move as fast as yours :)

Bikerchick85

#39 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Funsizee wrote:OMG your teeth look amazing!!! I just got my braces yesterday and I'm hoping I my teeth will move as fast as yours :)
Thank you, Funsizee! It's crazy how fast they move at the beginning... and then everything seems to slow down... Congrats on getting yours and starting the journey! My lowers are still moving, not very noticeable though. I'm starting to forget that I have braces. I don't even feel them anymore. Which is nice! I am growing bored with my braces so I decided to focus on a new obsession...my hair! LOL! :-* I thought maybe if I was concentrating on growing my hair out it would make the time go by faster with the braces! It seems to be working! I know, I sound a little insane... :crazy: it's only because I am a little!! HEHEEHEHEHEE!

Pacha05

#40 Post by Pacha05 »

Hi Bikerchick85. Just been reading your story and looking at your pics, your teeth look great already. They are moving really fast :) I also have metal lowers and will be getting ceramic uppers soon, cant wait.

Link to my blog http://pachabrace.blogspot.com

Estimated sentence 24 months

Funsizee

#41 Post by Funsizee »

Bikerchick85 wrote:
Funsizee wrote:OMG your teeth look amazing!!! I just got my braces yesterday and I'm hoping I my teeth will move as fast as yours :)
Thank you, Funsizee! It's crazy how fast they move at the beginning... and then everything seems to slow down... Congrats on getting yours and starting the journey! My lowers are still moving, not very noticeable though. I'm starting to forget that I have braces. I don't even feel them anymore. Which is nice! I am growing bored with my braces so I decided to focus on a new obsession...my hair! LOL! :-* I thought maybe if I was concentrating on growing my hair out it would make the time go by faster with the braces! It seems to be working! I know, I sound a little insane... :crazy: it's only because I am a little!! HEHEEHEHEHEE!
I'm at my 3rd week and I'm not seeing much movement on the top. I do see a bit of movement on my bottoms and one stubborn tooth is not moving so my bottom teeth look worse than it was originally. It's starting to worry me and I still have about 2 more weeks until my 1st ortho appointment.

That's definitely a great idea - concentrating on other things other than our braces. I shall be concentrating on my studies so I don't think too much about my braces lol. I'm still trying to get used to it :)

Bikerchick85

#42 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Thank you, Pacha05!
I have some updated pics :) and thought I'd let everyone know about my last adjustment on April 10th! I got an 18 square wire on the bottom (same size as was previously placed on the uppers) after my ortho and her assistant were surprised to see how much my lowers had moved. They weren't going to change the bottom wire at all that appointment. I forced the issue when I showed them how straight they were already! hehehee! Anyways, I told my ortho I wanted to start moving the molars forward so she placed a power chain from canine to 2nd molar on the top and I got wire lacing from canine to 2nd molar on the lowers. They have been soo sore since that appointment. :( But the pain is worth it! I know for sure that they are on the move! I showed them my really long incisor which has gotten longer since the last pic I posted on here. They said they will reposition a few brackets and get that tooth in line at my next appointment. I feel good about my progress so far. I have another adjustment on May 29th!! :)
Now for the pics......!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bikerchick85

#43 Post by Bikerchick85 »

And one more picture!! :)

Tobilei

#44 Post by Tobilei »

They are looking so fantastic!!! :mrgreen:

marybee

#45 Post by marybee »