Brace day on March 19th!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tobilei

Re: Brace day on March 19th!

#46 Post by Tobilei »

Yay! Glad they're on!!! Hopefully the pain won't be too bad for you :)

safetysquirrel

#47 Post by safetysquirrel »

thanks!

I'm hoping it will stay at a reasonable level...

Does anyone else feel like their cheeks swell up sometimes from being sliced and rubbed by the brackets?

Tobilei

#48 Post by Tobilei »

The insides feel that way (mouth ulcers, sizes vary, but they're like sore round area's, more often than not pea sized but I've had a couple that were bigger). That does pass. I still have odd times where I have one but the initial first week or so is the worst of it to get through.

safetysquirrel

#49 Post by safetysquirrel »

Blergh.

Good to know, thanks.

I bought some peroxyl, but that hurts to use... Salt water felt much better. Are there any other tricks to helping that swelling go away?

beckyboo0205

#50 Post by beckyboo0205 »

YAY there's on and they look great! I think I have the same brackets.

My cheeks actually felt swollen this morning too. But then it subsided... I have had a few very back brackets waxed because the dumb hooks are hookin me in the cheeking and leaving a welt.

Tobilei

#51 Post by Tobilei »

Speaking of wax, if you have any really bothersome one's definitely try getting some wax onto them. It'll help out a lot.

jmjohnson317

#52 Post by jmjohnson317 »

So far I've only put wax on the front 4, those are the hardest to get my mouth around :P
And flossing is so far impossible.
Pain has been very minimal, not looking forward to tomorrow though :?

safetysquirrel

#53 Post by safetysquirrel »

Hey, how's the second day treating you? And post some pictures!!

jmjohnson317

#54 Post by jmjohnson317 »

Day two went remarkably well, woke up with some pain but it subsided quickly
I can't eat anything, that's the most annoying part
I may post a picture our two tomorrow

Tobilei

#55 Post by Tobilei »

Glad you're doing okay jmjohnson!

Okate

#56 Post by Okate »

Reading this thread has made me feel very excited can't wait until the 8th of april although I want to post before and after photos, I'm just not sure I've got the guts...but glad to hear the guys on here doing well : )

jmjohnson317

#57 Post by jmjohnson317 »

Exactly! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to post pictures. I hate my teeth so bad.

Okate

#58 Post by Okate »

I think I'm ashamed of them because I've lived with them like this for so long (I'm 30). Maybe when I'm braced and they are straight I will post photos as I won't care! That's what we should say to ourselves anyway : )

jmjohnson317

#59 Post by jmjohnson317 »

Thats what I was thinking, although I'm still not sure I'll be able to do it. I've also lived with bad teeth my whole life, I'm only 22 but still, its not fun.

Okate

#60 Post by Okate »

Yeah I don't think I'll be posting before photos in a hurry actually. I just took a few and im not liking what i see...Still at least we are on the right track aye and fixing the one thing I know has been holding me back for most of my life. Unless you have really horrid teeth I don't think people including family understand how embarrassing it is. Any who, don't wanna get on a downer. Couple of years and we will be smiling and broke!x