Unintended consequences...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

isthistaken

Unintended consequences...

#1 Post by isthistaken »

Panic time. As you can see my top two middle teeth form a fairly even line. After one week there is now a big zigzag there (across the biting surface right in front. jagged and snaggly looking) I know it's early on but I think this might be close to how it ends up. I couldn't visualize how that would happen but turning the teeth seems to have this result. I know, so far. But. :( :shock: :FeelSick: :huh:

I should explain that the left front incisor or whatever it is has been chipped since childhood--like 50 years ago...only now that the teeth are being turned is this unevenness rearing its head. :GapToothed:

fosterp

Re: Unintended consequences...

#2 Post by fosterp »

If your teeth are uneven because of chipping along the edges that is something your ortho or dentist can fix in minutes by filing them down slightly.

isthistaken

#3 Post by isthistaken »

Thanks for the encouragement! :D I hope when it settles out is it not such a huge difference. Worst case scenario would be veneers, but I'm hoping to avoid those at least for a while. :BigGrin:

plugnickel69

#4 Post by plugnickel69 »

My teeth edges were fairly even before I got my braces, but approximately six months in they seemed pretty jagged and I wondered why I had never noticed that problem before. At about the one year mark they evened out again. It seems to just be part of the process, like your bite seeming to change everyday.

isthistaken

#5 Post by isthistaken »

Thank you, both, I'm much encouraged. Just freaked this will all be for naught, but at least I will have a better bite. Tonight I noticed darker areas between my front teeth that hadn't been there before; assuming this is from surfaces being exposed that were not before. Only 10 days in and crises abound. LOL :crazy:

Ciara

#6 Post by Ciara »

Sometimes things seem to get worse before they get better. I hope it all gets sorted out in the end.

isthistaken

#7 Post by isthistaken »

Well, now it appears that the chipped tooth is actually LONGER than the unchipped tooth. How that happened? If this holds I think it might be a miracle, since reshaping would probably be even better in this situation.