Ladies: Do you wear lipstick?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

junglejulie

Ladies: Do you wear lipstick?

#1 Post by junglejulie »

I am a huge fan of lipstick. All different colors. But I feel sort of self conscious with the braces. I tried wearing my bright red one yesterday, but it was a disaster. My lips frequently get caught on my hooks, and there is lots of smearing and such. Seems like its easier to get lipstick on my teeth too. Does anyone else have these issues?

Getting rid of my diastema, finally

Kipepeo

Re: Ladies: Do you wear lipstick?

#2 Post by Kipepeo »

Normally I don't, but occassionally when I do I have to be very careful to not get it on the clear brackets. It always does, so I'm constantly checking the mirror to see. More trouble than its worth, in my opinion.

KatrinkaNoir

#3 Post by KatrinkaNoir »

I've taken to putting on a lip stain, letting it dry well, and putting lip balm over it. Seems to help avoid smearing :D .

Angel269

#4 Post by Angel269 »

Have a couple of times and found the colour would end up on my ceramic brackets when I have opened/closed my mouth (haven't deliberately applied it to my brackets!)

From tomorrow I think I will feel confident enough to wear lippy daily with hopefully my nice "new" teeth.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

isthistaken

#5 Post by isthistaken »

Yes! I've worn bright red and softer colors, and I prefer bright red. I have metal braces upper and lower.

Dee17

#6 Post by Dee17 »

No. I've stopped wearing lipstick completely. Don't want to call any attention to my mouth. Too self-conscious.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

marybee

#7 Post by marybee »

Me too but wear lots of lip balm and clear lip gloss.

Ciara

#8 Post by Ciara »

Yes, and it doesn't cause any problems.

isthistaken

#9 Post by isthistaken »

I'm thinking hot pink for Spring! I think bright lipstick really sets them off. Braces aren't pretty but I'm so glad to finally have them, liquid diet and all. :-*

Sita

#10 Post by Sita »

I do, but only pale ones so if I get it on my braces it's not really obvious. :-)

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

jaybea20

#11 Post by jaybea20 »

KatrinkaNoir wrote:I've taken to putting on a lip stain, letting it dry well, and putting lip balm over it. Seems to help avoid smearing :D .
Ditto! I am paranoid about the lipstick getting on my brackets, so I apply a stain, let it dry, then lip balm. This way if the balm gets on my brackets it will have little to no stain in it.

Just picked up a new stain-lip gloss stain-tonight. Supposed to last 12 hours...lasted about 2, but good enough for me.
Clear braces on top with bite turbos, standard on bottom
Will have them for 12-15 months

Metal Mickey

#12 Post by Metal Mickey »

I have missed wearing lipstick for the past 6 months. Did try wearing once after having becoming braced but all it did was smear all over my brackets and leave an awful mess :( I have ceramics so not a good look!

Anastasia8

#13 Post by Anastasia8 »

I've started wearing a natural coloured lip liner all over with a smear of balm over the top. My lips look pretty big with braces so anything too bright tends to look a bit clownish.

junglejulie

#14 Post by junglejulie »

Anastasia8 wrote:I've started wearing a natural coloured lip liner all over with a smear of balm over the top. My lips look pretty big with braces so anything too bright tends to look a bit clownish.
yeah, mine too...but yet i keep trying :lol:

Getting rid of my diastema, finally

klobird

#15 Post by klobird »

Well, I guess there are some good things about all metal. I've never had a problem with lipstick, to the point that it never occurred to me that it might be a problem for some...