Colour Suggestions :)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kiwibug

Colour Suggestions :)

#1 Post by kiwibug »

Braces going on Monday morning, full metal top and bottom. Considering I'm going for metal anyway I figure I might as go all out and pick a fun colour :)

What are the do's and dont's? Any suggestions? :)

Ciara

Re: Colour Suggestions :)

#2 Post by Ciara »

The last time I had braces, I liked some shades of blue. They made my teeth look whiter. Dark colours, dark blue or purple resist staining. Green is not the best colour. It can look as if you have lettuce or spinach stuck on your braces.

NICURN85

#3 Post by NICURN85 »

Hi,
It's nice to see you will be playing with colors. I have had many colors you can click on my link and look at my story to see what colors I have tried as I have done many. Yesterday I did light blue and love it. There is also a section you can type in under the search engine called Lig Colors and its about 90 pages long of colors people have chosen. I hope this helps and can't wait to see what color you choose.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Ellabelle

#4 Post by Ellabelle »

I'm getting braced the day after you, also metal, and also going to do colored ligs. I figure if I'm going to do this I might as well have fun with it. I'm thinking maybe a dark purple or teal when they first go on (I only get top at first :-( ). My FI is going with royal blue. If you Google there are some braces color selector sites you can play around with. When you get yours share pictures!

kiwibug

#5 Post by kiwibug »

Thanks everyone. I've seen the other thread, but don't have time to go through 90 pages :(

I'll see what the orthodontist suggests on Monday :)

slb1107

#6 Post by slb1107 »

I really like the light purple or the light pink.
My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43768

Got braces: 2-16-12
Estimated time of treatment: 24 Months

ITALIANNYC

#7 Post by ITALIANNYC »

As a 27 year old male, I always use clear colored. I was thinking about silver colored but I dunno.. Hmm might be more noticeable. I have light shades of blue look nice on some people. Just not for me

Tobilei

#8 Post by Tobilei »

ITALIANNYC wrote:As a 27 year old male, I always use clear colored. I was thinking about silver colored but I dunno.. Hmm might be more noticeable. I have light shades of blue look nice on some people. Just not for me
My daughter has metal braces and got the silver 3 adjustments ago. I think they look really nice, not any more obvious than the clears were and as a bonus she doesn't have to worry about them staining at all. You should give it a go :)

Edited to ask: Do you have clear braces or metals?

ITALIANNYC

#9 Post by ITALIANNYC »

Metal

rawr101

#10 Post by rawr101 »

I would suggest bright colors like a bright teal or bright blue..or maybe pastal. I made the mistake of getting a dark purple and from afar it looks almost black. So i'm counting down the days to my next adjustment when I can get new ligs.

zdenka

#11 Post by zdenka »

ITALIANNYC wrote:As a 27 year old male, I always use clear colored. I was thinking about silver colored but I dunno.. Hmm might be more noticeable. I have light shades of blue look nice on some people. Just not for me
Every time they change my power chain I swear I would get a new colored one.... never do and go with clear one.... I am 34 and would feel silly running around with purple teeth (which is the color I secretly want :) ) Maybe one day :)
Total sentence 567 days. :)
Debond day: Dec 10, 2013

OldBikerBag

#12 Post by OldBikerBag »

I have my first powerchain right now. Clear. It's a disaster because of all the coffee I drink. I won't be doing it again. I might go with black next time just to mess with my girls.

I have Damon brackets, which do not require ligatures. Clear (ceramic?) on the top front six, metal on the rest.
385 Days in Damon Braces

Kipepeo

#13 Post by Kipepeo »

Catgyrl had clear uppers and experimented with different lig and powerchain colors. I especially like the Mediterranean blue she had.

Courtesy Catgyrl.

xanidu2012

#14 Post by xanidu2012 »

I love all colors. Just went with orange on top and yellow on bottom. My 5 year old picked the colors :lol:

NikNakRN

#15 Post by NikNakRN »

I think if we have to suffer through the torture of braces, we should at least be able to have fun with choosing colors! I would go with a cobalt or navy blue if you want to be conservative. The silver seems to make the brackets less obvious in my opinion. Favorite sports team colors are always a fun choice!

Have fun with it. Be creative. Enjoy the parts of this experience that you can!