Starting 2013 with braces...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kiwibug

Re: Starting 2013 with braces...

#16 Post by kiwibug »

Thanks :) feeling quite tender tonight. I've just taken a couple more pain killers and popped some wax onto the poky spots that are rubbing. Hoping for a good sleep tonight

Ellabelle

#17 Post by Ellabelle »

Congrats! Upload pics when you can. :) And good call on the purple. I'm leaning towards that myself. Hope you wake up feeling only minimal tenderness.

NICURN85

#18 Post by NICURN85 »

Congrats!!! Hope you are not too sore. You went with my favorite color ligs!!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

EbonyQ

#19 Post by EbonyQ »

Congrats!!! :-)o How's your teeth today?

[/url]

kiwibug

#20 Post by kiwibug »

Thanks everyone. Keeping up with the painkillers today, quite a bit of soreness and discomfort. I've managed to still eat a normal diet, just cut up very small and eating slowly.
Hoping for a better day tomorrow :)

Photo attached as well, taken yesterday just after being braced
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NICURN85

#21 Post by NICURN85 »

I love the purple. You are making me want that color purple when I go next week. Looking good. Hope the soreness goes away soon!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Angel269

#22 Post by Angel269 »

I love your purple.

Hope you will see progress quickly.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

kiwibug

#23 Post by kiwibug »

First annoying food moment.... Trying to eat a mince and cheese pie. Halfway through after cutting it into tiny pieces and chewing just in the back. The mince gets stuck everywhere. Arghhhhh

Lirvinrn

#24 Post by Lirvinrn »

I have been living on spaghetti Os, yogurt, pudding, canned fruit and ice cream.. Oh and milkshakes and smoothies are great. Has anyone tried Carnation breakfast drinks or Ensure/Boost? Wondering how they taste. My biggest issue isn't chewing, it's the rubbing on my cheek, irritating the irritation already there. Anything that goes through a straw is good since it doesn't have to touch my cheek. Wish a Chick-fil-a was closer!

iBorg

#25 Post by iBorg »

I got in the habit of ordering water without ice so I could rinse out as I ate.

I still do.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

kiwibug

#26 Post by kiwibug »

I have no idea about liquid meal replacement drinks, I've stuck to my normal diet just cut up small and eating a lot slower.

Definitely rinsing as I go :) Not a good look to have food stuck when you're dealing with customers!

Feeling ok today for the most part, just 2 brackets that arent wired in and don't have o-rings that rub and get caught on my cheeks. ouchies! I checked with the orthodontist about them today, but he said they cant put o-rings on the brackets that they've put back there. Using wax when needed and hoping my cheeks toughen up quick back there :) 3 days down and so far no major hassles or pain, just mild discomfort :) I might even attempt to eat a burrito this weekend... we'll see!

Lirvinrn

#27 Post by Lirvinrn »

I drank a chocolate Carnation drink today and it was good!
My biggest issue isn't teeth hurting to chew but my cheeks rubbing on the braces when I chew or talk. By the end of the day it's so sore. Trying to do salt water a lot. Hope this doesn't continue the whole time...

kiwibug

#28 Post by kiwibug »

5 days in and I'm wondering what I was so worried about :)

I'm eating all the food I normally eat, albeit slower and cut into pieces. Aside from a little rubbing after 5 days of non stop talking, I'm not having any problems at all. Still times where teeth are a bit tender from the pressure, but really no biggie.
Making me wonder if its too easy?!

Looking forward to my weekend ritual of a burrito for lunch tomorrow :)

iBorg

#29 Post by iBorg »

Some orthos swear no pain, no gain.

Mine's comment was if I can get them through the first week, they'll be good.

Congrats, you're almost there!
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

kiwibug

#30 Post by kiwibug »

1 week today! It's been pretty easy for the most part. I've had lots of rubbing since Saturday and 3 fairly sore ulcers on my lower left side. Not pleasant, but not unbearable either.
Having no trouble with food sticking or anything similar at this point. Was a bit worried about having rice for tea tonight after what I'd heard everyone say that it gets everywhere, but no issues :) Only hard thing at this point is crackers, they do get everywhere!
Off to brush, floss, and get some wax and bonjela on before bed!