Braces in a few weeks. My teeth are terrible.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kipepeo

Re: Braces in a few weeks. My teeth are terrible.

#16 Post by Kipepeo »

Hi Nancy! Welcome. I can't wait to watch your progress! It will be really neat to watch your teeth straighten out.

I'm just curious how they will pull that one lateral out from behind the rest. I suppose it's neighbors will be spread apart and then that one will be attached and pulled forward.

Also, when you go to your appointments so far has it been in the morning or afternoon? If so, this is when parents would try to schedule their kid's appts so as not to miss too much school. I see adults all the time at my office, although it's mostly kids. Even the staff go through braces occassionally.

mary.

#17 Post by mary. »

Congratulations Nancy! I'm so happy for you!! I got my braces at the age of about 40 and I'm really glad that you are getting them much earlier. You'll be able to enjoy your new gorgeous smiles for many many years. Don't worry about those gaps, it's all temporary for a very long term investment. I found the teeth shifted quicker than I thought they would. This forum was sucha great help to me when I had braces and I'm sure it will be for you too! Best wishes!

Braced engineer

#18 Post by Braced engineer »

I hope everything went well for you today!

nancy13000

#19 Post by nancy13000 »

So the big day passed, the braces are on I got clarity braces but they put metal brackets on my molars, I guess becasue they're stronger? They also put I think cement on the back of my two front teeth but that already came off. Woops!

My first day I have to say was pretty bad, I had pain and sensitivty throughout all my teeth. I was thinking what have I done to myself. But I hope it gets better. The eating part is pretty bad since I can't chew I have to just swallow anything. I'm hoping I can eat until I'm full since I havent had a proper meal in days. I now am starting to get sores on my cheeks. ouch.

Today I went back to work no one has noticed so far. I do have a lisp but I hope that too gets better. I just want the pain to go away then I'll be better.

Thanks everyone for your support. I'll post pics sometime this week so everyone can see.

Im not sure how they're going to pull the lateral incisors but I'll probably need springs to pull them aprt then the teeth should come forward on their own. Its been so long since those teeth have been in the front. I think I'll faint when that day comes.

Anyways I still have to get 4 of my premolars pulled before my next appt. (Dec. 26th). So I'm hoping that isn't too bad. I have a really bad crossbite that my top right teeth are shifted like 4-5 mm over to the back. I hope they can fix this. My mouth is such a mess, but with time things will starighten out.

Pics will be up this week or weekend at the latest.

Finallybraced27

#20 Post by Finallybraced27 »

Good luck with getting braced. I just got ceramic upper braces on yesterday and am looking forward to seeing your progress.

Lopez

#21 Post by Lopez »

congrats

junglejulie

#22 Post by junglejulie »

can wait to see some updates :-*

Getting rid of my diastema, finally

nancy13000

#23 Post by nancy13000 »

Ggrrr ive been so busy lately i haven't had time to post pics but honestly not much progress. Im getting my teeth pulled in the next few weeks hopefully thatll speed things along. Ill post pics tomorrow so you guys can see.

mollyluise

#24 Post by mollyluise »

nancy13000 wrote:Ggrrr ive been so busy lately i haven't had time to post pics but honestly not much progress. Im getting my teeth pulled in the next few weeks hopefully thatll speed things along. Ill post pics tomorrow so you guys can see.
Good luck with your extraction appointment. You're probably right, once those have been removed maybe your teeth may move a little more freely!

30 years old, In-Ovation C, estimated 16-18 months :)

nancy13000

#25 Post by nancy13000 »

Wow it's been so long since I've posted. My computer broke so now I have to use my phone. I've had my braces for 9 months now and it's been some big changes. I got my four premolars extracted in January. I an so happy with the progress so far. I feel like a whole new person. Honestly before I couldn't imagine being confident but now i feel so confident in myself and my teeth aren't quite where they need to be yet but they have moved so much. Ill post some pics hopefully the links work on my phone.

First day in braces: Clear braces no extractions yet. November 12, 2012:
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9013/v0zq.th.jpg

Today August 10,2013 incisors forward, midline still shifted to the left. Happy about my huge progress!!

Super excited about my progress so far.

gramma2xander

#26 Post by gramma2xander »

wow what an amazing change. congrats !! :tingrin:

Timetoshine

#27 Post by Timetoshine »

Excited for your journey! They will get worse before better (sorry - but truth!), but the result and the 'stoke' factor of them becoming how you always wanted them is worth the WHOLE lot.
Better to smile with braces, than smile with crooked teeth :)
Let us know how your journey goes.

*I had 4 teeth removed and braces on in the same day - not 'fun', but worth every minute. Nothing to be scared of!*
[/url]

kittenpoint

#28 Post by kittenpoint »

They're looking great!

Timetoshine

#29 Post by Timetoshine »

Timetoshine wrote:Excited for your journey! They will get worse before better (sorry - but truth!), but the result and the 'stoke' factor of them becoming how you always wanted them is worth the WHOLE lot.
Better to smile with braces, than smile with crooked teeth :)
Let us know how your journey goes.

*I had 4 teeth removed and braces on in the same day - not 'fun', but worth every minute. Nothing to be scared of!*
Ooopps - need to check the last post in the forum before posting - I am 9 months late responding to this heheh.
[/url]

kathydell

#30 Post by kathydell »

Welcome Nancy! You're in good company here. I'm 47 and I got my braces about 5 months ago. You will be so happy you did it and it's the best investment in your self confidence even when the braces are on! You will be so surprised and so happy to see how quickly things start shifting around and get better and better.