My Intro from Toronto

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

coda

My Intro from Toronto

#1 Post by coda »

Hi everyone. I am just starting my braces journey at the age of 29. It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time but I have always been intimidated by it ($ mainly), and now I want to have it done before I am 30. I am going for my second consultation tomorrow morning. I have overcrowding and my canine tooth on the right is high in the gums, I call it my snaggletooth. :jokerlaugh: I have no idea what I am in for but it should be interesting once I am officially on my way. I can't wait to have nice teeth!

Greenman

Re: My Intro from Toronto

#2 Post by Greenman »

Hi Coda. Good luck with your journey. Welcome to the forum!
Paul
My Blog: The Invisalign Challenge http://theinvisalignchallenge.blogspot.com.au
Can Invisalign fix gap, buck, crooked, twisted, crowned teeth?

U - 8/36
L - 8/36

GillyWeed

#3 Post by GillyWeed »

Hi Coda,
Just want to wish you a warm welcome from a fellow Torontonian. Congrats for taking the plunge, you won't regret it. I have, well had, a snaggletooth canine as well! But it has since joined the rest of the gang lol. I wish you the best with your braces. Let us know how the consultations go!
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

coda

#4 Post by coda »

Thanks for the welcome. I ended up going with the second ortho that I had a consultation with. She will be fitting me with a Transplantal Arch device on Wednesday. They put some elastic spaces between my molars last Tuesday and it put a lot of pressure on my teeth this past week. I am expected to have the TPA on for about 4 months before she puts the braces on. I wish that I could have the braces on sooner but oh well.

GillyWeed

#5 Post by GillyWeed »

Well cool that you are starting the process, you should be really happy about that... is the TPA like an expander? So you're looking at getting braced around March 2013? The time will fly by really fast--you'll be a metal mouth before you know it :wink:
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

coda

#6 Post by coda »

[quote="GillyWeed"]Well cool that you are starting the process, you should be really happy about that... is the TPA like an expander? So you're looking at getting braced around March 2013? The time will fly by really fast--you'll be a metal mouth before you know it :wink:[/quote]
Yeah, I think it is the same sort of idea. They did x-rays, pictures and impressions today and I go back on Nov 8 for the TPA.

coda

#7 Post by coda »

Well the TPA has been in in for a week now. The first couple days the metal was really hurting but it is ok now. Eating has been challenging with food getting stuck but it is getting better. And the most exciting part is that I will be getting braced in 7 weeks! I can't freaking wait. I sort of wish they were going on before Christmas so I could show my family but oh well. :pinkbraces:

30withbraces

#8 Post by 30withbraces »

I'm glad to hear you're settling into your TPA Coda :)
It's a shame they had to pus your braces back to allow for the TPA first but it's still a step forward! Your teeth sound like mine with the canine teeth sitting up high. I feel your pain with chewing, they've given me nothing but trouble. I can't wait until they sit in line with the rest of my jaw.

Best of luck and welcome to the world of orthodontics :)

prairiehouse

#9 Post by prairiehouse »

Congratulations. It's something I'm looking at too. It can be hard to get the courage for something like this.

Raleigh

#10 Post by Raleigh »

Good luck and welcome. Am new as well and I agree it takes a lot of courage to get started.. I admit I spent a few months delaying the process in the beginning :D