Day 3 with braces, Omg

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Crazy4Snow

Re: Day 3 with braces, Omg

#16 Post by Crazy4Snow »

I felt like you, I almost went back and had them taken off because the pain was so intense. But I'm SO glad I didn't. I'm a little over 18 months now and have ZERO regrets, it's so worth all the pain and aggravation!

The first week was the worst, the adjustments only hurt for a day or two and is no where as painful as that first week.

You'll be so glad you got them. I promise!

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

WiredJon

#17 Post by WiredJon »

It's amazing how quickly you get used to them, isn't it?

I had mine put on a couple of weeks back and really thought I'd made a huge mistake for the first few days. Then I just got used to them and now it's not until I eat that I remember that they're there! Of course, my first adjustment is in two weeks and I'm sure I'll be reminded of their presence then :-/

ITALIANNYC

#18 Post by ITALIANNYC »

I never even felt a hint of pain from my braces and my teeth are pretty messed up. Amazes me how some people actually feel pain and some feel nothing.

teambathmat

#19 Post by teambathmat »

Hiya

I am day 3 of my braces been fitted. Feels a bit weird and achy but hoping they feel better soon. So glad I have found this forum!

Patmos330

#20 Post by Patmos330 »

Yeah it really does seem to fly by after a while. I'm at 4 months today, but I still remember how horrible those first couple days were. It gets a lot better

Natasha5604

#21 Post by Natasha5604 »

Hi everyone, I'm getting my braces tomorrow & am feeling quite scared! I'm going to visit some friends over the weekend & we're supposed to be going out for dinner on Saturday which will be my day 3 so im even more scared after reading this! I'm starting to wonder if I should cancel because of the pain & stuff but the visit was arranged well before the date for my braces. Any tips? Thank you!

plugnickel69

#22 Post by plugnickel69 »

Natasha, don't go crazy with worrying. Got mine on and was invited out to lunch for Indian food the next day and then ate dinner out with wife and friends that evening. Chewing was a little bit of a problem, but had no pain. Just be careful what you pick to eat at the beginning. Had trouble chewing meat like steak at first, but that didn't last long.

As many on this board know, the anxiety of anticipation is much worse than dealing with the actual braces. For me, the only real bother is food getting stuck when eating, and even that gets significantly better as your teeth begin to straighten out.

Good luck tomorrow and above all -- don't cancel out! You'll find that your friends will be very supportive and most of your fears will be unfounded.