Jem's belated story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Angel269

Re: Jem's belated story

#31 Post by Angel269 »

I am aware that around my canines I will have space left from closing my diastema-my ortho (who also does general dentistry) talked about composite-I think he will be addressing this issue at the end of treatment.

Will ask at my 3rd adjustment today.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

jem

#32 Post by jem »

Thanks Angel,

Please let me know what he says-I really don't have any idea of what adding composite involves and how durable it might be.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Angel269

#33 Post by Angel269 »

Didn't get round to asking about the composite.

Will ask during one of the next upcoming visits and report back.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

kellyb

#34 Post by kellyb »

Lookin great jem! Did the ortho give any indication on when u might be debraced?

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

jem

#35 Post by jem »

Hi Kellyb,

No I just got the usual "see you in 6 weeks". My left lateral seems to be taking a long time to move and I suspect my ortho doesn't want to hazard a guess at a date and then disappoint me. Once that lateral is in place, it should just be a matter of fine detailing. My other incisors are not quite in line at the moment. I currently have a holding wire criss -crossing them to keep the IPR gaps closed and I'm not sure whether that permits any movement of them forwards or backwards.

I will reach 9 months on Wednesday which is the top end of the estimate I was given before I started. I expect I will need at least 2 more adjustments before being debraced. If I stayed on a 6 weekly schedule, that would take me to 22 January. I think that is likely to be my earliest debrace date.

I hope you continue to make good progress and your adjustment next weekend goes well.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012

kellyb

#36 Post by kellyb »

thanks jem! I will update you on my progress after my adjustment tomorrow.

hopefully you will get some good news at your next adjustment and can be debraced before the end of the year.

braceface74

#37 Post by braceface74 »

Orthos are reluctant to give de-bracing dates aint they!!

You never know though.. maybe before xmas.. fingers crossed :)
Braces journey 16/01/2012 - 03/06/2013 :)

My Braces story

jem

#38 Post by jem »

That would be nice-but after going through all this I don't want the brace removed until I am happy that my teeth are as straight as they can be.

Jem

jem

#39 Post by jem »

I had my 7th adjustment yesterday. I now have a TMA archwire, I think size 19X25. The Damon website suggests these are finishing wires, so hopefully I am on the home straight, although I have not noticed much change since my last adjustment.

My ortho considered putting some bends in the new wire to sort out my wayward lateral incisors, but eventually decided not to at this appointment, suggesting that the TMA wire should be given the time to "express itself". She said she may well add some bends at my next adjustment ( which will be 11 December). I assume from this that I will not be finishing before Christmas, which is a bit disappointing but no surprise.

It seems that TMA wires do not come with the same ready added (metal tube) stops as the Damon NiTi wires, so I have a blob of composite instead; it is dead centre on the wire, just like on my first white archwire ( seems so long ago...)

I have added pics including 2 from below, one of which shows little change from before. The other which is slightly from one side shows my left lateral actually needs only a little movement to slot into place.

I had not really noticed that my right lateral is equally wonky, although part of that may be due to my right central having moved too far back.

Here's hoping the new wire will do its stuff quickly!

Jem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kellyb

#40 Post by kellyb »

Hi Jem,
Hope u r well. Sorry to hear you won't be de-braced before christmas. Hopefully it won't be too long after. Just hang in there, not long to go, i'm sure :)

jem

#41 Post by jem »

I looked at the Ormco website for more information about Damon TMA wires. They apparently come in 3 rectangular sizes and I think I have the largest 19x25. For all other Damon wires, the only colour choice is silver; there are no white coated wires. Nor are white TMA wires available, but surprisingly they do offer TMA wires in purple and "honeydew", whatever that is. Should I be contacting my ortho and asking them to order in some purple wires so I can complete the last months of my treatment with a flourish?

Jem

kellyb

#42 Post by kellyb »

:D yea, go for it :D

jem

#43 Post by jem »

Comparison between last Friday and picture from similar angle 2 months earlier. I think I can see some improvement in the relationship of right lateral to right central incisor ( left in the picture) and think I can see some miniscule progress in the left lateral, but I am not sure. I hope my ortho can do something at my next adjustment in a couple of weeks to get that lateral to show a bit of urgency. I would be prepared to trade a bit of pain!

Jem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kellyb

#44 Post by kellyb »

Hi Jem :D

As I'm sure you know already, I thought you had beautiful teeth to begin with and I probably wouldn't have had braces if I had your lovely pearly whites :D

That being said I cannot see any difference between your 2 latest photos because to me they are both perfect :D

jem

#45 Post by jem »

Kelly,

You are too kind! It was a bite issue which caused me to get the brace but that was resolved some months ago with my left central moving forward. Since then it has been a matter of bringing the adjoining teeth into line which has been really slow going.

best wishes

Jem