What led you to choose invisalign or similar?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sweetcynic

What led you to choose invisalign or similar?

#1 Post by sweetcynic »

For me, it was because a) less pain - not no pain, but less pain b) appearance and c)in my case cheaper, because I would have required some insanely expensive titanium brackets. What were your reasons?

turbocycle

Re: What led you to choose invisalign or similar?

#2 Post by turbocycle »

My reasons:

1. Ease of cleaning since the aligners are removable
2. Cosmetically less visible than traditional braces
3. Treatment time. My understanding is that Invisalign can be faster than traditional braces in some cases (is this an accurate statement, Dr. Tam?)

xtina81

#3 Post by xtina81 »

Mine was the fact they are pretty unnoticeable. They were about $500 more than traditional braces, which was worth the discreteness to me, being an adult. And treatment time was about half.
Finally, after 31 years...
20/27U 20/27L - 9 attachments on 7 teeth

http://www.xtina81.blogspot.com

ultra

#4 Post by ultra »

Invisalign suited my orthodontic requirements at the time, which was gaps between my teeth. They were amazing and gradually brought all my teeth into alignment without pain. I actually enjoyed wearing them and feeling that bit of tension, knowing they were working to straighten my teeth.

Just make sure you finish the treatment and then go back to your dentist to get a retainer made. I didn't do this final step and after several months had to go start wearing the aligners again because my teeth had started to move back to their original position.

Trixsta

#5 Post by Trixsta »

The obvious reason is the "invisible" aspect of Invisalign which first got my attention. As I have spent my life hiding my teeth I really hated the idea of drawing attention to them with traditional braces. I did get a quote done for both however and Invisalign worked out cheaper by $500 through a platinum provider so another bonus really.

45wantsnicesmile

#6 Post by 45wantsnicesmile »

I had thought about braces for years and never did anything about it. One day there was a Groupon for $1,000 off Invisalign treatment including the evaluation and free records. It was for an orthodontist that has the highest rating by Invisalign so I decided to see if Invisalign would work for me.

Lucascsula

#7 Post by Lucascsula »

New to the site. Excited to have Invisalign. =) I had braces when I was 15 but my orthodontist didn't do a good job. He cancelled several appointments and I had to get a new dentist to remove them. Needless to say, my work wasn't fully complete. My teeth had improved but I still felt very conscious of my smile. SO! 17 years later, a full time job, I decided to get Invisalign for the following reasons:

1. I want to smile without feeling insecure.
2. I wanted to maintain my appearance without having metal braces.
3. My wife has a gorgeous smile and I wanted to feel as photogenic as her! (I know she loves me, but it's about confidence).
4. I believe my daughter will need braces and I don't want her to feel like she is alone. She too will receive Invisalign(one day).
5. I can afford it!
6. My dentist/orthodontist believes that it'll help my bite and gum bleeding.

So, that's it! I have 18 upper trays/15 lower trays. I can't wait to start seeing the changes. It's been 6 days with my first trays. I'm impatient! =)

bracex

#8 Post by bracex »

[quote="ultra"]Invisalign suited my orthodontic requirements at the time, which was gaps between my teeth. They were amazing and gradually brought all my teeth into alignment without pain. I actually enjoyed wearing them and feeling that bit of tension, knowing they were working to straighten my teeth.

Just make sure you finish the treatment and then go back to your dentist to get a retainer made. I didn't do this final step and after several months had to go start wearing the aligners again because my teeth had started to move back to their original position.[/quote]

Did these work exactly how you wanted in the end? I have gaps and have been told invisalign isn't really suitable because it will cause the teeth to 'lean' together rather than actually close gaps completely?