I prefer my teeth with Invisalign

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SimoSorriso

I prefer my teeth with Invisalign

#1 Post by SimoSorriso »

I was wondering if this is a normal thing that happens to everyone that is using Invisalign...
Now that I'm on Invisalign for more than one year I prefer to see my teeth with the braces on rather than "naked" teeth...it sounds weird but my teeth look thin and sharp! Maybe because of the attachments but I'm not happy so far with what I see :(
They are definitely straighter than before but the edges are so thin!

Is it common? I'm becoming Invisalign addicted :yikes:

MIKE82

Re: I prefer my teeth with Invisalign

#2 Post by MIKE82 »

should be more posts like this!

am waiting on my alligners and came on here for some support

every other post is someone about to commit hari kari because of invisalign!!!!

not half worried now

EmUk

#3 Post by EmUk »

Please dont be worried.

I am on tray 2 of 21 and i am loving my Invisalign. The 1st day or so its pressure on your teeth but its not that unplesant.

I so much prefer my teeth with my invisalign on, i actually dont like to take it off, but i know i would starve if i didnt :lol:

I really hope my finished result is good, otherwise think i'll be wearing tray 21 for the rest of my days!! :-*

MIKE82

#4 Post by MIKE82 »

just got my clinicheck back

looks good I think

the dentist said it'll only take 6-7 months which I couldn't believe. I think it'll go over though, seems most people have lots of refinements

Reckon it'll probably take a year

Is it worth putting up my clincheck to get any opinions ?

ChicagoB

#5 Post by ChicagoB »

I'm on my final tray - 24 and waiting for refinements and my teeth look a lot better with the aligners. They look like normally shaped teeth.

When my trays are out, I notice they're uneven - the base of one front tooth is not leveled. I spoke to my dentist about this and he said we'll deal with the cosmetic changes at the end. Just need some minor filing.

I'm in a weird spot now - I have to wear my last set for about 3-5 more weeks while they create my refinements. I hope it does not take too long.

MIKE82

#6 Post by MIKE82 »

has anyone noticed the invisalign on your teeth without you telling them?

ChicagoB

#7 Post by ChicagoB »

Yea - in the past year I've worn them, 4 people have said something about them. Most people would not say a thing though.
The 2 were former invisalign wearers and 1 was a guy currently in braces. The fourth? my 6 yr old nephew - he was so fascinated by them and kept asking if he could touch them

I've noticed people with invisalign and oddly both did not have attachments - I did not say anything to them though. I find myself paying more attention to people's teeth that's I feel almost distracted because I find myself looking at their teeth when I speak to them. One is a guy at work and the other is the receptionist at my dental office. A year ago, I would not have noticed them.

EmUk

#8 Post by EmUk »

When i tell people i have braces, they think i havent got them in, or they are at the back of my teeth, until i actually show them and they are like 'Ohhhh i did not even see them' :D :D

To be honest, i dont even care if people can see them, i know they will be 110% better at the end so its a small price to pay!!

sammywantstraightteeth

#9 Post by sammywantstraightteeth »

I felt the same at the end of my treatment - I thought my teeth looked (and felt) way better with the aligners on. But then the attachments were removed, and they looked instantly better. You'll get used to the naked teeth look :) Remember how strange your aligners felt when you first had them? Your newly released teeth will feel just as odd for a little while until your mouth gets used to the new (and improved!) sensation.

Treatment started: 13th July 2010.
http://sammiesbraces.livejournal.com
http://pics.livejournal.com/sammiesbraces
Expected finish: 14th June 2011.
Upper Trays: 21
Lower Trays: 24

sweetcynic

#10 Post by sweetcynic »

Well, after the first 2 days, I feel more comfortable with the Invisalign in. I notice that I clench less which is nice, which results in fewer tooth/headaches. Appearance-wise I have no preference

xtina81

#11 Post by xtina81 »

I prefer mine with my trays in. The gap between my front teeth looks smaller with them in. YOu can see pics on my blog at http://xtina81.blogspot.com/
Finally, after 31 years...
20/27U 20/27L - 9 attachments on 7 teeth

http://www.xtina81.blogspot.com

Lucascsula

#12 Post by Lucascsula »

It's only been 6 days, but I DO prefer the trays. Maybe it's a confidence issue, but I feel it "protects" my smile! =)