Tray 6 and uneven bite

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Farrah

Tray 6 and uneven bite

#1 Post by Farrah »

I'm up to day 3 on Tray 6 and for the first time since wearing invisalign I can feel that that the bite is not even when I take the trays out. The left side eye teeth are touching whereas the right ones are not. I know that it's only day 3 but I started to worry that perhaps the buttons aren't gripping correctly and maybe the eye teeth aren't rotating properly. Has anyone experience this and is it okay? I'm wearing the trays about 20hrs a day but have been closer to 22 hours in the last 3 days. The trays appear to be fitting correctly and snugly. Could it just be that some teeth have moved already and others have not? I don't see the ortho for another 12 days.

hotsteve

Re: Tray 6 and uneven bite

#2 Post by hotsteve »

Hey Farrah,

How has this been going? I don't really have any advice, all I can say is that I would imagine your bite would change mid-way through treatment. If you think about it, some teeth are going to have to move at different times to others, which inevitably will change your bite. Either way, would definitely recommend trying to hit 22hrs a day if at all possible, I have seen many dentists say on web forums that definitely will bring the best possible results!

Let us know how it goes and best of luck!

Farrah

#3 Post by Farrah »

Thanks Steve, it's definitely feeling more even than it did 10 days ago. I see the ortho in 2 days to get the new set of trays so I'll ask him them. I'm 1/3 of the way through. yay!

Greenman

#4 Post by Greenman »

Remember that you can't straighten every tooth at once.
Paul
My Blog: The Invisalign Challenge http://theinvisalignchallenge.blogspot.com.au
Can Invisalign fix gap, buck, crooked, twisted, crowned teeth?

U - 8/36
L - 8/36

cocomi

#5 Post by cocomi »

try not to worry too much, i think it's normal when the teeth shift, that it's the left side, then the right, etc.

i didn't start my invisalign yet, so i can't tell you for sure, but when i was discussing the treatment, the ortho told me one week, my bite might be on the left side, and afterwards, probably on the right.. basically your bite is changing little by little so it's expected

Farrah

#6 Post by Farrah »

Thanks cocomi. That's exactly what happened. It's much better now. Only 6 trays left. Yay!

xtina81

#7 Post by xtina81 »

When I went in for my last appointment I was asked if my bite felt weird now and told that it was going to change throughout the process. You're probably fine, but it's always a good idea to ask if you're uncertain about anything.
Finally, after 31 years...
20/27U 20/27L - 9 attachments on 7 teeth

http://www.xtina81.blogspot.com