Kimmie's Road To A Beautiful Smile (PICS)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NICURN85

Re: Kimmie's Road To A Beautiful Smile (PICS)

#91 Post by NICURN85 »

Hello Everyone,

Today was the day I became FULLY BRACED!! My appointment was at 11, but of course I arrived 15 mins early. About five mins later they called me back to start on my lower arch. At first she still had a hard time getting my spacers out even though they have been in a WHOLE MONTH!! I was thinking oh here we go I will have to keep them another 2 weeks or so, but I was wrong. My teeth had created just enough space for the bands to go on. Well to start off with the bands it was like one size was too big and the other was to small. I am like oh GEEZ I bet I am like the hardest patient they have ever had, but I sat there patiently and they thanked me for that. Finally on one of my molars he just decided to put a regular bracket on since no band would fit and stay on. I was in that chair for a good 45 mins and boy were my lips chapped from holding my mouth open so long. I could not wait to get out that chair and run to my purse to get my chap stick bc my lips were calling for it. So after the bands were put on she put in the wire and I got to choose my color. She wanted to know if I wanted the same color as I had on top or different colors period. I chose to get a different color. I will post pics later on tonight so watch out for those. As of now I am in no pain, but I know the pain will come soon. I will not be fooled by being pain free now. I know it will just sneak up on me................SOOOOOO that is not the end of the story. I get to my dad house to look in the mirror at my teeth and what do I discover I am missing a Lig. Luckily my ortho is like a 5-10 min drive from my house and my dad house so I hop in the car worried bc I did not want anything happening. I get there and let them know what happened and they were so nice and put the other Lig on for me. She told me it was not a big deal since it was only one, but if it had been 2 or 3 then it would have been a big deal. Well, I was just trying to play it safe bc I did not know. I am wondering if I was missing it when I left or if it kind of popped off and I did not notice and swallowed it somewhere between leaving there and my dad house. I guess that is a mystery I will never know the answer to lol. My next appointment is on Sept. 4.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

catgyrl

#92 Post by catgyrl »

YAY!!! You are now fully braced! :jump: Girl, I had the EXACT same thing happen to me with my molar bands. One was too big... the next was too small... every time I had to bite down on the wooden stick (which gives me goosebumps, by the way - like nails on a chalkboard), it would bend the metal band, and they had to start all over. It took forever to just get the 2 bands in. My ortho had to step in because his assistant wasn't strong enough to get them in. He doesn't even TRY to be gentle with anything, so yeah... lots of blood there. I'm pretty sure they left a bracket door open, too. After the second time they did that, I had a little chat with the assistant to please be more attentive in checking that stuff.

I plan to keep my lip balm in my front jeans pocket when I get debanded tomorrow, because I'm surely going to need it. Those "After" shots would look hideous, otherwise. :lol:

Can't wait to see your new lig color!

GillyWeed

#93 Post by GillyWeed »

I hope today went well and you aren't in too much pain. Can't wait to see the new colours :tingrin:
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

NICURN85

#94 Post by NICURN85 »

Here are the pics as promised:

TODAY

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JULY 19
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

catgyrl

#95 Post by catgyrl »

Kimmie - you may not believe this, but over in the "Lig Colors" thread (somewhere in there) is a post from someone who had the very same green ligs you have. I thought they were SO COOL looking, and people tried to get me to get those ligs. My reason for not getting them was that (1) my teeth were not white, and (2) my skin color was too pale to pull them off. They look fantastic on you!

I'm glad you're having fun with your braces!

Angel269

#96 Post by Angel269 »

Those colours look great on you. Hope your journey is going well :-)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Chaotic Choppers

#97 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

KIMMIE!! You're all suited up and looking amazing!! Those colours look so fun! I hope you're not in too much pain!!! You always seem to have an eventful visit to your ortho!! :)

So how does it feel having ur wires on both now? And do your extraction sites feel weird at all?

Are you getting super excited for your vacation!!?? I hope ur lowers settle fast so you can have a great trip!!

I see ur finally getting teeth dreams too!! I had another one last night about my bottom canine brackets falling off and some of my canines fell out and it was a weekend and the ortho couldn't see me so I had to hold them in with my hands for the weekend! So glad when I woke up!! Hope they go away eventually!

Anywayz....all the best Kimmie!
Braced upper and lower: 18 July 2012
U4's & L5's Extracted: 22 and 29 October 2012
Elastics Started: 30 October 2012

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420

NICURN85

#98 Post by NICURN85 »

@ Cat thanks and I would tell you to try them out, but after today you won't have anymore braces!!

@ Angel everything is going well so far. I am now looking foward to some real movement.

@ CC girl those dreams are so scary. They always seem to wake me up. My extraction sites are healing nicely and do not feel weird at all. I finally feel complete having both arches done. I just knew I was going to be in spacers an extra two weeks or so. I am so glad to have those darn spacers out my mouth. It has been about 6 hours now and I am starting to feel the pressure. I tell you when the ortho's assisstant changed my top ligs to this pink, oh boy are my teeth sensitive still up top. I guess they are really on a move. I was thinking maybe I should have just left the aqua on top if I knew it was going to be that sensitive. LOL!! I have not tried eating anything yet, but I think my teeth are saying "KIMMIEEEEE GIVE ME SOMETHING NICE AND SOFT AND COLD" and this is a time I will obey my teeth. :BigTeethGrin: I am really ready for vacation. I hope I will not be in too much pain and the funny thing is I have two swim suits the color of my Ligs. I hope you do not have anymore of thoe dreams. How is that cold coming along?
~KIMMIE

starfish88

#99 Post by starfish88 »

I love those colours! So bright and fresh! Your teeth look amazing too! I can really see your arch widening between the 2 pictures - mine needs to widen too so its good to see it happeneing for you. Hopefully the lowers won't hurt you so much as the tops - i didn't get the extremes of pain with the lowers so hopefully you wont either. Still its all worth it for how fast your teeth have changed!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

NICURN85

#100 Post by NICURN85 »

Thanks Star!! I am really enjoying playing with colors. It brings out the kid in me!!! Well, the pain has set it and the worse part about it is the top arch decides it would like to be a FOLLOWER and ache and throb like the lower arch. I have taken an Ibprofen, but it does not seem to be touching the pain at all. The worse part about it is I work the next three nights!! Hopefully it will ease up, but if it was like my top arch it will take about a week for me to realize I am finally in no more pain!
~KIMMIE

Chaotic Choppers

#101 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Kimmie!!!! You poor thing!!! So I guess you're not eating much again... :( At least there's one good thing about all the starving...a great bikini body for your holiday!!!! Day 2 and 3 are the worst from memory so hang in there cos you're almost through!! And then you can go on holidays and celebrate!!!

My cold has been rotten :( And to top it off, my mouth has been so dry that my brackets have made the insides of my cheeks swell up and get really sore/itchy! And my lips are so dry they just crack and bleed. Can't wait for it to be over!!

So we can be miserable together at the moment!!And if it helps, all of my teeth have decided to really hurt today!!?? On the move again perhaps?? I keep trying to talk and accidentally hit them together and YOUCH! Constantly having to retrain my mouth to talk without hitting teeth because now that they're sitting a little higher,I'm not used to the clearance needed...

I hope you're going ok at work!!! Not long and you'll be kicking back and having lots of fun!!!!

Take care and hope you feel better soon!!!

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420

Mitch11

#102 Post by Mitch11 »

Kimmie,
Looking good!! Love the colors!!

Good luck and keep us posted on the changes.

BraceFace2o1o

#103 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Looking good! Loving the funky colours :D
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

NICURN85

#104 Post by NICURN85 »

@ CC I hope you are feeling better with that cold!!! I am getting ready to go on vacation and can manage to eat a little more than I could a week ago which is a plus. My gum is still a little swollen, but not as much as last week. I have been doing salt water rinses. Boy all the problems that comes with having perfect teeth. Lol

@Braceface I love playing with colors.
~KIMMIE

Chaotic Choppers

#105 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

:dance: I hope you have a wonderful time away Kimmie!! Lets hope that those salt rinses get your gums back in order nice and fast so that you can eat eat eat! Party party party! :D

My cold is slowly getting better...although the inside of my cheeks are quite swollen and itchy along the lines of where my braces sit??? Hopefully it will pass soon but I'm hoping on the salt water too!!

Can you believe how fast time is flying with braces on? One minute you're waiting waiting waiting and the next you've had them on for 5 weeks!? I hope you're still seeing progress! I'm seeing my wires straighten out a lot but can't see a huge difference in the photos still...I have to take some more.

Have a safe and happy trip!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care!
CC