Catgyrl's (Cathy's) Journey at age 42...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

Re: Catgyrl's (Cathy's) Journey at age 42...

#601 Post by klobird »

I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!! Your no-more list was right on!!

You earned every minute of having braces and now is your time to rejoice!! I have been thinking of "your day" for a few days--I'm that excited for you!!

I can't wait to hear about your first braces off feelings!! I hope you are taking a day off from work celebration day!! (I'm going to take a week off (if it works out)--I may even reward myself with a fun trip somewhere!) But I have a lot of time to figure it out.... :roll:

+\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EbonyQ

#602 Post by EbonyQ »

klobird wrote:I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!! Your no-more list was right on!!

You earned every minute of having braces and now is your time to rejoice!! I have been thinking of "your day" for a few days--I'm that excited for you!!

I can't wait to hear about your first braces off feelings!! I hope you are taking a day off from work celebration day!! (I'm going to take a week off (if it works out)--I may even reward myself with a fun trip somewhere!) But I have a lot of time to figure it out.... :roll:

+\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ +\+ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Norway Klobird. Your trip should be to Norway! :wink: I still has your Norwegian-stuff-gift and hope to send it soon :D

Catgyrl: damn, you are so lucky! You can get my ortho if I get your teeth!! :-*
Good luck!! :heart: :heart: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rose: :rose: :-)o :-)o :-88 :-88 :-V

[/url]

catgyrl

#603 Post by catgyrl »

Thank you, Kimmie! I wish you all the best at your lower-banding appointment tomorrow! After what you've already experienced, it should be a piece of cake. :D

@Elle - enjoy your travels! I will "see" you when you get back. :D

@Klo - I'm taking the whole day off on Wednesday. Debanding is at 9:20 AM, then I have a bit of free time until my dental cleaning at 12:30 PM. I will probably start off by getting something to eat that I don't have to pick out of brackets. (Oh wait a minute... that includes EVERYTHING!) LOL!

@Ebony - You are so sweet! And I must reiterate, I am SO proud of you for sticking this out. Your end will be here before you know it!

@TheNewJenn40 - Congrats on starting your braces journey! It's been a real rollercoaster ride for me, but I am SO happy I stuck it out as long as I did. :D

@iBorg - Would I do it again? My perfectly honest answer is... probably not. Unless my teeth end up 100 times worse than they were 2 years ago, I think I will just learn to live with my imperfections. Not a day has gone by since April 9, 2010 where I haven't checked my teeth at least 20 times a day (not counting brushing/flossing). I've never had a moment where I completely "forgot" about my braces. Though they never stopped me from smiling, laughing, and socializing in public, I was ALWAYS aware of them. I know those around me got tired of hearing about them. Am I glad I did it? Absolutely, positively, YES! It's taught me that people really don't scrutinize what you look like nearly as much as you think they do. That can also translate into other areas besides braces (weight, or other physical attributes).

50 hours, and counting!!

klobird

#604 Post by klobird »

Cat--reading your last post--have to laugh--you are soooo much like me!!

Angel269

#605 Post by Angel269 »

Good luck for your debanding-You must be so excited. I know we are all anxious to see your new smile :-D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Mitch11

#606 Post by Mitch11 »

Cathy,
Good luck with the debanding tomorrow!!!!

Please post pictures ASAP

:HugeGrin:

Just wanted to say that your story was interesting and also gave me a first hand perspective of what I can expect when I go through the next stages.

THANK YOU!!!

catgyrl

#607 Post by catgyrl »

@Klo - Hey, we old goats gotta stick together, right? (Reference "goat with braces" pic that I'm sure is on here somewhere...)

@Mitch 11 and Angel269 - Thank you for the well-wishes! Not sure how interesting my story was, but it was very thorough (whining, and all).

26 hours and 25 minutes to go!!

GillyWeed

#608 Post by GillyWeed »

You're sooo close to being done!!! CONGRATS! :jump: I know i'm a little early but I'm super excited for you. Cannot wait to see the end result..... PICTURES!!!

GOod luck! I hope it's a speedy and paon free process and I hope your are able to enjoy that bag of candy :D
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

opera^gal

#609 Post by opera^gal »

Early congrats on completing your orthodontic journey! Retainers are a breeze in comparison!
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

catgyrl

#610 Post by catgyrl »

opera^gal wrote:Early congrats on completing your orthodontic journey! Retainers are a breeze in comparison!
Thank you, opera^gal! I've been having a few concerns about them (mostly about being all slobbery and saliva-y all the time). I turned on my SonicBrite cleaning machine the other day to (1) make sure it worked (it did), and (2) make sure it didn't vibrate off the sink counter (it didn't).

I am so excited, I can't stand it! I can't even concentrate at work...

NICURN85

#611 Post by NICURN85 »

TODAY IS THE DAY CAT!!! GOOD LUCK. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS!!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

AM21

#612 Post by AM21 »

Good luck today, Cathy!! :D
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

Noni

#613 Post by Noni »

Waiting ... :To see your beautiful teeth :jump:

Quad Helix Expander and Braces to correct unilateral posterioor crossbite (TMJ treatment ). 6 months
Braces journey : 11 months 3 weeks (from 12 march 2012 to 3 march 2013)
My Story and Progress Update

catgyrl

#614 Post by catgyrl »

Morning, everyone!

I will be leaving the house in about 30 minutes for my appointment. I slept surprisingly well last night. Thought I'd be tossing and turning in anticipation.

I won't be able to post pics until later tonight after I get home, but I will try to post a short (haha) story between ortho and dentist appointments.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

iBorg

#615 Post by iBorg »

I remember Debracing day.....both times I celebrated with fresh caramel corn.....

I hope you have some forbidden treat.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.