OK--This was not the plan!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EbonyQ

Re: OK--This was not the plan!

#496 Post by EbonyQ »

Good luck today Klobird!! :thumbsup: :heart: :heart:

[/url]

klobird

#497 Post by klobird »

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

So, I just got back from the ortho. He said I have 3mm to go on my bite. He said that the norm is that the teeth move 1mm per month.

Then he will start finishing up!!!

He talked about shaping my teeth to get them to look really good! I cannot believe it!

Ok, just to get myself so that I don't get mega disappointed--as in my teeth DON'T
move like they should--I am still going to believe 2 years, which is the end of April next year...

AND NO MOLAR BUILD-UPS!! The assistant charted it to happen this time, so I know they didn't forget...

Thanks for the encouragement Eb! :P

And Jill--don't know if I could do a garden smoothie--I'm sort of a junk food addict...hmmmmm

OH! I totally forgot--I got pretty blue power chains top and bottom. I really like the blue--my dingy teeth look whiter...

I am just a happy girl today!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!

starfish88

#498 Post by starfish88 »

Fantastic news! So glad everthing seems to be happening for you! No more forsus, no molar buildups and you can look forward to getting them off fairly soon too! Yay!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

klobird

#499 Post by klobird »

Thanks Star--I'm not sure about "fairly soon". I'm still thinking several months--but at least there is a wonderful light ahead!

I forgot to mention that I also had panoramic x-rays done today....he likes what he sees!

anngie27

#500 Post by anngie27 »

Great news klobird!
How many times have you had x-rays at the ortho( not including the consultation)

TMJJill

#501 Post by TMJJill »

Congrats on your great visit. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have more days like that?

Look how far you've come!!!

Thanks for sharing your story.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

Beauty is Pain

#502 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Hey Klobird! Congrats on the fantastical news!! Haven't been on the forum lately, so great to catch up on your progress! :) :) I am on the finishing wire next month also! :) Another few months, then DONE! :) SO EXCITED! :tingrin:

starfish88

#503 Post by starfish88 »

Did you get to see the panoramic or get a copy? My initial one looks pretty bad so it will be exciting to get to where you are and see not just teeth but roots getting inline! And I stand by my 'fairly soon' if you are anything like me I bet you couldn't imagine having a few months left when you first got them on! The question will be if he can get them off for Christmas so you get you Christmas dinner debraced!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

klobird

#504 Post by klobird »

BIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know!! Did you ever think we would be close to the words FINISHING????!!!!! It makes it all the more worth it to hear that, and also it really does go by fast! I mean, I have gotten to the point where braces off is for everyone else...NOT!!!!

Angie---I've had the Panoramic in the beginning, I think once in the middle and yesterday. And my roots look great--he even said so...!!!! All lined up...

Thanks Jill and Star---Hey Star--my first thought was Christmas... but you know, Catgyrl heard the words "FINISHING" in January and she's still in braces... :shock: I can only hope, but I am realistic also--big breaths, big breaths.....

I'm still just happy to hear those words--that they are actually for me!!

Oh ya....sore today..as in OUCH :soremouth: But it's a good thing!!

Thanks you guys--we're all in this together!!

catgyrl

#505 Post by catgyrl »

klobird wrote:Catgyrl heard the words "FINISHING" in January and she's still in braces... :shock:
As I first read your post, I was thinking, "Yeah, I've been hearing FINISHING since late last year..." and then I saw this quote. LOL!

I remember asking way back in October 2011 "Six more months?" which would put me at 2 years (April 2012), and he said, "I think that's reasonable".

Fast-forward to February 2012: "So... couple more months?" His answer, "Probably more like 3."

Fast forward to May 2012: "I'd like to get them off in July." His answer, "I think that's premature."

Fast-forward to June 2012: "Okay, I want these off in September." His answer, "That's do-able." My reply, "How about August?" His reply, "Don't push it..."

Fast-forward to July 2012: "I'd like them off next month... period." His reply, "If you're happy with them, we can take them off. We'll do an evaluation next month, and schedule your appointment to take them off." (Though I know he doesn't want to take them off yet.)

They must go to special classes to sound so convincing to us when they tell us we're "getting close" to debanding. There's nothing he could tell me tomorrow that would make me postpone it.

SO happy for you, Klo! You've been a real trouper with all the apparati (is that a word?) in there. :D

klobird

#506 Post by klobird »

You're so right Cat--I think they did go to "Debanding Deception 101" !! So, ya--my teeth are not where I want them, but I am so happy that they are getting there. I want them off ASAP, but I really want them on until I am ecstatic with what I see...

RE the before and now x-rays. I have them on my account on the ortho site. I'm going to get things together and hire the guy I know to get them onto this site--I think it would be major encouraging--mostly because my 10mm overjet has come almost all the way in!

Beauty is Pain

#507 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Hey klobird!!!! EXCITEMENT heheheh :) I cannot wait for my next ortho appointment - that sounded incredibly ridiculous for my possibly debanding date! AHH, I am too scared to ask! Here is hoping that we both get it off before the end of this year, better, October! But don't think that is possible! Too bad! Optimism :D :D :D

klobird

#508 Post by klobird »

Hey BiP--EXCITING!! Isn't it weird to even hear the words "finishing"?! Although, from what I have read, even with the finishing phase, I think I'm still in for the full 2 year deal. Oh well.....

Right now, I am in such a peaceful stage of braces, that I'm just hoping he doesn't rock the boat with some other :yikes: thing... All I have now is power chains--I love the blue I have better than no power chains at all, and I have double heavy elastics on one side only during the day. Peaceful....for now..... :flowerbloom:

Beauty is Pain

#509 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Hey klobird! So strange hehe, getting braces on seems like yesterday! Oh wow, so strange! You had elastics for almost the entire way (?) I only had them for 17 days, so so weird! hahah yes, there seem to be an absence of ulcers and all :) It is rather peaceful as of current, hopefully it will go like this :) :) :tingrin:

Kipepeo

#510 Post by Kipepeo »

Klo, Girl, good news. I feel like I'm being left behind with all you gals that started about the same time I did...but we know I'm a special patient!

I just read through Catgyrl's recent experience, and I'm sure I'll be reading your soon too.

DON'T LEAVE ME HERE ALL ALONE!!