Jay's Braces Journey...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NickelNikki

Re: Jay's Braces Journey...

#61 Post by NickelNikki »

Wow, looking good!

I had Inman Aligners on both my top and bottom teeth.

View my progress here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41962

VioletJay

#62 Post by VioletJay »

First proper wire changing adjustment on Thursday, too!!! Exciting!
Proud mama, graphic designer, writer and editor, working toward increased self sufficiency with my man, my little girl and my wits about me! Adios, jumbly teeth; hello happy smile! :)

VioletJay

#63 Post by VioletJay »

Wah! Okay - arch wire was replaced this morning. I think I now have a size 16 rather than a size 12. Left wire tie (over the extraction gap) was also replaced as it broke - but right one was not.

Guess what?

The right wire tie just broke again. It did that once before. So off we go, back to the ortho! I will post pictures later on... :)
Proud mama, graphic designer, writer and editor, working toward increased self sufficiency with my man, my little girl and my wits about me! Adios, jumbly teeth; hello happy smile! :)

lau

#64 Post by lau »

oh no hate when that happens! looking fwd to seeing your pics
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

maeby

#65 Post by maeby »

Hello, Jay! Congrats on the new wire, condolences on the wire tie breaking. I just had my archwire changed out for a larger one as well, so surely this means progress for the both of us! :) Can't wait to see pictures. I'm sure we'll all be amazed at the changes!
Read My Braces Story: "Maeby Getting Braces"

Top Arch Braced: April 18, 2012
Bottom Arch: October 9, 2012

VioletJay

#66 Post by VioletJay »

Here are pictures as promised. Apparently they're going on the bottom on June 11th!!! That's about two months sooner than I thought... Anyway, today my mouth is annoying me - very achy indeed! I kinda want to take the braces off, but not - you know? The sensation would be relieved by my taking them off but that would defeat the point. Anyway we went from a size 12 to a size 16 wire and it's a lot more oomphy than the "baby archwire..."

Within a few days of brace day from the front:
Now from the front (10 weeks):
Within a few days of brace day from the left:
Now from the left (10 weeks):
Within a few days of brace day from the right:
Now from the right (10 weeks):
Within a few days of brace day from the bottom:
Now from the bottom (10 weeks):

So there we go - progress progress! Yay! :)

jem

#67 Post by jem »

Brilliant progress already, Jay. No doubt it will continue apace with the bigger wire.

Good luck with your bottom brace

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

VioletJay

#68 Post by VioletJay »

Wow - I can't believe how much progress my extraction gaps have made! We're now less than two weeks away from the placement of the lower braces and I must admit, the last (almost) three months have flow by... If it goes this quickly all the way through, the whole two years will have passed quick as a flash! Amazing!

VioletJay

#69 Post by VioletJay »

Right! This morning I am getting braces put on my BOTTOM TEETH!!! I'm only three months into treatment so this is MUCH sooner than either I or my orthodontist thought. It's exciting; my top teeth have been moving extremely quickly - they seem to know where I want them to go - and aside from a couple of broken wire ties it's been fine so far. Oh, and after my first wire change I wanted to claw my teeth out of my mouth for like, two days straight. But I lived. :)

Anyway I will post pictures once they're on. It's been what, about 13 weeks now for the top and the difference is amazing. The extraction gaps have closed a lot and new gaps have appeared, but my front teeth are genuinely moving UP in my gums to where they're supposed to be - it's all so exciting! I have absolutely no confidence issues at all, amazingly, and if anything I smile more now that I know my teeth are straighter. It's made a heck of a difference to my self confidence and through that, my quality of life every day! So if you're reading this wondering if you should go through with braces, I'm telling you, get your butt down to the ortho and do it! :)

I'll be back this PM with pictures! Happy Monday! :D

maeby

#70 Post by maeby »

Congrats on getting a complete set of braces! Can't wait to see pictures. :D
Read My Braces Story: "Maeby Getting Braces"

Top Arch Braced: April 18, 2012
Bottom Arch: October 9, 2012

GillyWeed

#71 Post by GillyWeed »

I second Maeby's congratulations! Must be exciting to be fully braced. I cannot wait to get my lowers placed. Hope the next few days aren't too painful:)
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

nikkibabie19

#72 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Congrats on all your progress this far! I'm so glad for you. All your changes are so noticeable and so soon.

I hope my teeth could be as cooperative as yours apparently are. :D
I love watching pics on here. It gets me so excited that I keep checking my teeth in the mirror hoping to see some dramatic difference but no no avail.... I know I'm rushing it cuzz its only been ten days but I can't help it watching all these pics week by week and so much movement. Oh well.......

Keep us updated wid pics :D

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

VioletJay

#73 Post by VioletJay »

Here we go! Pictures, as promised!

VioletJay

#74 Post by VioletJay »

Here are my lowers! As you can see they're pretty overcrowded too. My ortho is going to file between them at the next appointment to make them a little smaller, so that they all align correctly in the space they have. It'll be nice to have an actual bite someday!

nikkibabie19

#75 Post by nikkibabie19 »

i know the feeling. looking forward to that too...

Right now my bite is all over the place...trying to find a comfortable place and movement while chewing...Sigh

Just have to keep thinking...It'll be worth it in the end

To Beautiful Smiles and Better Bites :D

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]