Excited/nervous

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

overbite23

Excited/nervous

#1 Post by overbite23 »

Hi everyone! Im Ang, Im 23 years old and have been wanting to get braces since I was 14 but my parents couldnt afford it so here I am now, excitedly awaiting for my brace date to arrive. I will be getting them on Tuesday, a couple hours before I start work which is really nerve wracking. I will be getting ceramic on the top and metal on the bottom and extracting 4 bicuspids in about 6 months.

Im anxious to see if I will have any jaw pain....hopefully not. :?

Ill be back next week to post pics of my journey.

Wish me luck! :dance:

biancaisgreat

Re: Excited/nervous

#2 Post by biancaisgreat »

Hi! Glad to see a fellow 23 year old getting braces.

Best of luck to you!
What color ligs are you gonna get on the bottom metal braces?

NICURN85

#3 Post by NICURN85 »

Good luck!!! Make sure to let us know how it goes.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

LEtranger

#4 Post by LEtranger »

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Keep your focus on it being something you really have wanted to get done for a long time even when the braces are giving you a hard time.
2012 Spring - Braces on
2013 Autumn - Surgery
2014 Spring - Braces off

ShikabaneHime13

#5 Post by ShikabaneHime13 »

I'm kinda in the same boat. My name is Lenette, I'm 23 and I have a scheduled appointment this upcoming Wednesday to discuss treatment with my orthodontist now that the insurance company has approved full coverage for my braces. I know I'm excited but now I'm nervous as well. But can't wait to see how they turn out for you!

overbite23

#6 Post by overbite23 »

Thanks for the support everyone!
SO today is my 3rd day in braces and I must say that I was quite surprised at the level of discomfort that I've had while chewing. The "softest" of foods have been difficult to chew ie pasta/fish/bread :cry: .
The first day with my braces on wasn't so bad in terms of pain but I did have to buy a toothbrush & tooth paste cus I had food stuck between my braces :oops: Yesterday (day 2) is when the pain really kicked in & today its finally beggining to subside.
Im also getting used to talking, my lips are still adjusting but overall it hasnt been too bad. I just cant wait to see my new smile in 2 years :P It'll all be worth it

@biancaisgreat: My ortho didnt even ask me what colour ligs I wanted, she ended up giving me clear which is just fine/ :jump:

LEtranger

#7 Post by LEtranger »

overbite23 wrote:Thanks for the support everyone!
SO today is my 3rd day in braces and I must say that I was quite surprised at the level of discomfort that I've had while chewing. The "softest" of foods have been difficult to chew ie pasta/fish/bread :cry: .
The first day with my braces on wasn't so bad in terms of pain but I did have to buy a toothbrush & tooth paste cus I had food stuck between my braces :oops: Yesterday (day 2) is when the pain really kicked in & today its finally beggining to subside.
Im also getting used to talking, my lips are still adjusting but overall it hasnt been too bad. I just cant wait to see my new smile in 2 years :P It'll all be worth it

@biancaisgreat: My ortho didnt even ask me what colour ligs I wanted, she ended up giving me clear which is just fine/ :jump:
Regular painkillers worked fine for me to ease the pain, and in a few days the pain was gone. Just did my first adjustment and change of wire last week but no pain yet (part of me is wondering if this means the teeth will not move as much this time, have to trust my ortho I guess).
2012 Spring - Braces on
2013 Autumn - Surgery
2014 Spring - Braces off

overbite23

#8 Post by overbite23 »

Hi, Im back with some pictures of my teeth. Im surprised to see that my teeth have progressed so much in such a short span of time (2 months). I will need to extract 4 bicuspids next month which I was hoping could've been save but the crowding in my upper jaw is affecting my bite :(

http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/ww35 ... 9-2244.jpg

Let me know what u think! :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.