6 MONTH SMILE BRACES

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jem

Re: 6 MONTH SMILE BRACES

#16 Post by jem »

Fantastic progress in only 2 months, Richo. You must be really thrilled!

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

kellyb

#17 Post by kellyb »

wow, your teeth have been moving fast. amazing progress so far :)

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

BellaBraces

#18 Post by BellaBraces »

That's really quick progress.

I had my 6 Month Smiles braces put on this Thursday just gone, so I am into my second full day of them. I've already had red wine and curry - very naughty.

I'm finding the lower jaw far more tiresome than the top jaw (which is a bit galling since I wasn't originally planning to have the bottom teeth done at all, but the dentist talked me into it).

klobird

#19 Post by klobird »

OMG Rich---You must be sooo happy--really good progress!! Looking great!! :thumbsup:

Danielle20

#20 Post by Danielle20 »

I am dying to see your progress as I am one month in today and have pain but not much noticeable progress. I guess I'll be able to see your pics once I post more!

Richo3000

#21 Post by Richo3000 »

So I had my 3 month consultation on Monday, all good aside from a loose bracket on the bottom brace. Ortho changed the top wire to a slightly thicker one (I think she said 1.6) but not entirely sure as I don't really get involved in all the technical dental jargon as do strangely find myself drifting off when in the chair. Ortho seems pretty pleased with progress but yet to ask her for a specific date as when they will be off, might ask at the 4 month review.

Think the big movements in my teeth have happened so it's now just the smaller movements to go which could take time and also means it will be quite hard to track progress. Whereas before I could see movement as the gaps filled it's going to be more about the subtle movements/alignments however, will continue to take photos and post as that always helps.

I guess the 3 months have gone relatively quickly albeit at times I do find yourself cursing that I have braces! Of course I am happy I decided to have them and would recommend them to anyone who asked but I would add a note of caution that they can take getting used to (if you ever really can get used to them at all) as I still find myself waking up some mornings wondering what's on my teeth!

Richo3000

#22 Post by Richo3000 »

So 4 months in and am now beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. Not much to report other than another bracket came off one of my back teeth last week but I waited until my visit to the ortho to get it cemented back on. I've attached a few recent photos; most of the major teeth movement has already taken place so I am finding it difficult to see any changes but think its good to record progress on here so anyone unsure on braces (like I was) can see the process from start to finish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PS101

#23 Post by PS101 »

I just got my 6 month smile started yesterday. Can't wait to be as far along as you are! Are you finished now?

Richo3000

6 MONTH SMILE BRACES

#24 Post by Richo3000 »

Just had my 4 and a half month review and got some unexpected great news from ortho. Basically all being well and good with the last wire that they put on today I will have the braces off on 6th July. Can't believe how quickly time has flown by, only feels like yesterday I had them put on! For anyone thinking of getting the 6 month smiles my advice would be to do it, it sucks for a while as they feel weird & restrict your eating but seeing your teeth move into place keeps you going each day, week & month. For those based in the UK I recommend using AquaDental in London. Great practice and people.

Obviously still got a few weeks to go but I will post pictures of my finished teeth once the bonding and whitening is done to show the difference between day 1 and last day.

Richo3000

6 MONTH SMILE BRACES

#25 Post by Richo3000 »

Haven't forgotten I promised to post photos of my 'final' teeth however, had a slight mishap whereby the original date I was having my braces off I somehow managed to oversleep and missed my appointment! What a tool. I'd been waiting all those months wishing to have the braces off every day and then when the day comes I sleep through my alarm. Thankfully able to laugh about it now although I most certainly wasn't at the time. My ortho was hugely understanding and booked me in for another appointment a week later meaning I finally had the braces off yesterday. It was a bit uncomfortable to be honest but bearable and am so happy with the results, really quite amazing how quickly they all moved into the right place. I now have to wear a retainer for a month (nights only) and then have a course of whitening before returning on August 15th for some bonding and general tidy up work on the teeth. I will post pictures soon after.

BellaBraces

#26 Post by BellaBraces »

Good for you!

What was uncomfortable about the removal process? Presumably getting the brackets off. What do they do?

Richo3000

#27 Post by Richo3000 »

Don't know what they did exactly as couldn't see but after taking wire off it felt like they cut/pulled of each bracket before using some kind of ortho filing drill tool to smooth/rub off all the remaining cement used to hold the brackets in place on each tooth. Ortho then cleaned and polished the teeth before fitting the retainer wire. It's not painful just uncomfortable, I've been lucky as had no real pain with the braces at all throughout the process but having them off was definitely a little awkward albeit ortho said it was to be expected as the teeth are sensitive after the removal off the braces.

Danielle20

#28 Post by Danielle20 »

Congrats on getting them off so soon! I went to my 4 month on Thursday and am nowhere close to getting them off. And I agree with you... This was a great decision to make but I still am not used to them and hate this process

furrycoat

#29 Post by furrycoat »

I'm also doing my six month smile treatment at aqua dental spa;) getting my braces off next Wednesday! Cannot wait! Is the bonding included in your package or you kind of wanted it extra ?

bluemoonz

#30 Post by bluemoonz »

Richo3000 or anybody else here if you're still on this board what happened then?? Sorry to post in such an old thread, but this keeps happening as I'm doing research on 6 month braces; you read this great success story up until nearly the end and then they just stop posting! :P

It makes me wary that maybe there are problems further along the road with these short term braces, or people are not that happy with the end result or the clinics slap on a bunch of extra charges at the end or something...

Anybody finished the process for a while and still recommend it?