Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tomrsvee

Re: Newbie

#16 Post by tomrsvee »

I always have pain after a visit, but it's gone within a few days, and I guess with pain there is gain, right? I had a new wire yesterday, and today I grimaced through lunch, and it was a tossed salad and soup. But I know it will be better by the weekend. I haven't had to deal with elastics, though, I imagine that is tough on your jaw.

Kittykins

#17 Post by Kittykins »

Update XD Today went to what would be adjustment 4 XD But no lovely coloured ligs this time. Oh no. Today I had power chains put on -,- No colour choice. Just a skanky clear one going across the top set (across 5 of my teeth anyway) and across the bottom it is literally in two. One going from the back bracket to the tooth 2 in line. Then another from that one across 3 other teeth 0,o But he said this will start to line up the centre :D So looking forward to progression on that side. But now my bottom set are caining 0,o But at least I know the pain will go in about 3 days :D

Tomrsvee - Ahh salad is the worst I find :L I find lettuce loves to twist it self around the wire XD Well I hope you don't have to. Although I got used to them within a week :D Just a pain when I was eating beef chow mein and the elastic snapped :L I didn't realise till the next day XD But thankfully had the bag and my lil tool with me :D

11/11/10 - Got Braces (Top and Bottom) - Green Ligs
21/12/10 - First Adjustment - Bright Pink Ligs
01/02/11 - Second Adjustment - New Wire - Bright Blue Ligs
15/03/11 - Got Elastics 6.4mm to twist twice on both sides
10/05/11 - Got Power Chains and elastics both sides
21/06/11 - Power Chains on bottom, elastics on right hand side

RunningMad

#18 Post by RunningMad »

Question please:-

One of my ligatures has come off this morning when I was cleaning my teeth. I was only at the ortho on Tuesday does anyone know whether I need to get another put on or can I leave it till I go 21st June? Don't really want to trail over to orthos as time off work needed.

Thanks

1st adjustment: 11th January 2011

Uppers & Lower metal braces: 23rd November 2010 for 2 years

Kittykins

#19 Post by Kittykins »

You could ring up and enquire about it, as with the lig popping off, there is a chance the wire isn't putting pressure on that tooth. But they may just say to leave it until they see you next :)

RunningMad

#20 Post by RunningMad »

Thank you KK for your prompt answer!

1st adjustment: 11th January 2011

Uppers & Lower metal braces: 23rd November 2010 for 2 years

Kittykins

#21 Post by Kittykins »

Today had adjustment number 5. I have finally got coloured ligs back on the top teeth XD That power chain not going to lie was starting to go a rank yellowy colour 0,o I have power chains still on the bottom teeth :/ Good news thought I don't have to wear my elastics on the left side of my mouth :D Only because I can't get it onto the hook as it's up against the gum 0,o Hopefully next time I will have a lot more to report :L

Kittykins

#22 Post by Kittykins »

So adjustment number 6 has been done. I still have powerchains and now have metal also to bring my teeth together also :( So a lot of pressure going on now on the tootie pegs :( But at least I know I'll be back to normal in a week XD I hope anyway :L In other news can finally stop wearing elastics :D Yay!! Least now I don't have to battle with noodles trying to stop them getting stuck :D

Kittykins

#23 Post by Kittykins »

So sorry haven't updated in a while :O Well I have passed my one year of braces and yesterday (22/11/11) had brace adjustment 8 (I think). Brace adjustment 7 (11/10/11) they were trying to close the gaps on the left side of my mouth. I had a mixture of metal power chains and elastic ones. This led to the centre line on the top set going so offline I do officially have a centre tooth :L Yesterday at adjustment 8 they are now going to move my teeth towards the right (finally) which shall hopefully bring my centre line near where I want it...the price to pay is I'm back wearing an elastic on the one side. I had totally forgotten how much I hated them 0,o It's not rubbing too bad at the moment, but only time shall tell XD

Kittykins

#24 Post by Kittykins »

Time for another update, today had some great news I suppose...I will be getting my braces off in the next few months :D But before than happens I need a tooth twisted back around as due to having too much pressure on it, it turned inwards slightly -,- Have also been told that I have to compromise with me teeth now as they have got my midline as central as possible :/ I still think it's a bit too far off but who knows what could happen in the next few weeks :D I now have elastics on both sides again though -,- I thought I was going to escape them :L

Kittykins

#25 Post by Kittykins »

28/02/2012 - ARGH I forgot to update. So here it is :D I went in, now got to wear elastics to bring the bottom set back a little as he says the pressure on the top will close the gaps. Been estimated to get them off by the summer. We'll see how he sticks to that one considering he say "few more appointments" last time -,- Be nice to get them off...starting to crave popcorn a lot lately :L

LEtranger

#26 Post by LEtranger »

Sorry to hear about your pain, reading on the forum I'm starting to realize that there are so many things I should have asked my dentist before taking the plunge today but maybe it's for the better. Ignorance is bliss, until your teeth starts to hurt at least.

Kittykins

#27 Post by Kittykins »

Ahh been so busy that I forgot to update with excellent news! I have got my braces off as of last Tuesday :D It feels amazing having them off! Although still finding bits of glue on my teeth which is a little annoying -,- Ate a Toffee Crisp the other day :D And a sandwich without having to pick bits out XD Tomorrow going to get my retainers so now I just need to make sure I wear them as required :D Will try to get pictures up :)

NICURN85

#28 Post by NICURN85 »

CONGRATS!!! I know you are excited to show off your new smile you have longed for!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Kittykins

#29 Post by Kittykins »

Had retainers yesterday...they are evil things 0,o Not only are they a pain to get in...they are even worse to try to get out :L Today going to hunt down some special liquid for keeping retainers clean as don't fancy paying £50 if they break due to lack of cleanliness :)

LEtranger

#30 Post by LEtranger »

Very jealous but huge congrats!
2012 Spring - Braces on
2013 Autumn - Surgery