Good news!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

trisportgirl

Good news!

#1 Post by trisportgirl »

I had another adjustment on Friday, and while I was in, I asked my ortho about switching to invisalign to finish my treatment, because he had mentioned this was a possibility during my initial consultation. His response was so much better - he said rather than finish my treatment with invisalign, he can probably just finish it early altogether! He was going to schedule my next adjustment in 5 weeks, but said if I come back in 3 then he can make my treatment go faster! I was so excited I forgot to ask him how long he thinks it will take to finish. I have a year left until the short end of his initial estimate.

So if you're wondering about finishing faster, JUST ASK! You never know what they may say...
Braced on November 1, 2011
Debanded on November 9, 2012
Permanent retainers top and bottom + Hawley top

Re: Good news!

#2 Post by 33333 »

[quote="trisportgirl"]I had another adjustment on Friday, and while I was in, I asked my ortho about switching to invisalign to finish my treatment, because he had mentioned this was a possibility during my initial consultation. His response was so much better - he said rather than finish my treatment with invisalign, he can probably just finish it early altogether! He was going to schedule my next adjustment in 5 weeks, but said if I come back in 3 then he can make my treatment go faster! I was so excited I forgot to ask him how long he thinks it will take to finish. I have a year left until the short end of his initial estimate.

So if you're wondering about finishing faster, JUST ASK! You never know what they may say...[/quote]

May I ask why would you want to switch to invisalign?,

trisportgirl

#3 Post by trisportgirl »

33333 wrote:
trisportgirl wrote:May I ask why would you want to switch to invisalign?,
More comfortable, easier to clean your teeth, better looking...if they're just as effective, why not? I made it clear that I don't want to switch if it's going to be any less effective. Aesthetics are my lowest priority, under effectiveness and cost.
Braced on November 1, 2011
Debanded on November 9, 2012
Permanent retainers top and bottom + Hawley top

udubdave

#4 Post by udubdave »

That is good news indeed!

NICURN85

#5 Post by NICURN85 »

Congrats!! Very good news. Hopefully I can get out of my 24-30 months sentence early.