Recession/black triangle/filling during or after treatment

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Recession/black triangle/filling during or after treatment

#1 Post by 33333 »

I started my treatment almost one year ago. Unfortunately, I am having both recession and black triangles. I guess I will have to do a gum graft and some bonding after my treatment is completed. I am also planning to get my filling changed to tooth color composite. I am wondering did any of you do any of those prior to the end of the treatment? I would think I should not touch anything prior to the end, but I am curious.

If done after the treatment, my concerns are:

1) if having a graft, will I still be able to wear a retainer (regardless of the type) since I cannot brush the affected area for weeks. This is especially important for the invisalign looking kind of retainer (not sure what is it called), I can imagine how bad it is going to be to cover any unbrushed area with the retainer.

2) if doing bonding, obviously the retainer will no longer fit. For the wire retainer (hawley?), I heard that it is adjustable, but let's say if the arch is, for example, increased by 1mm, I am wonder how will the ortho be able to determine what is the difference with naked eyes, and accurately adjust (manually bend?) the retainer? For the invisalign kind, then I would believe a new impression will need to be done for a new set of retainer? If so, that means the patient will have no choice but leaving the teeth to shift until the new retainer is ready?

3) if doing / changing filling, I would guess the wire kind of retainer won't be affected. But a new set of retainer will be needed for the invisalign kind?

Thanks

Stephskare

Re: Recession/black triangle/filling during or after treatme

#2 Post by Stephskare »

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear your having trouble. This might seem silly to ask but when you say recession you mean your gums moving up and black triangles are the gaps in between the teeth due to recession right? Anywho I also have black triangles In between my four front teeth but I've always had them. So i understand how you feel. Please keep us updated on what you decide to do.

#3 Post by 33333 »

[quote="Stephskare"]Hi there. I'm sorry to hear your having trouble. This might seem silly to ask but when you say recession you mean your gums moving up and black triangles are the gaps in between the teeth due to recession right? Anywho I also have black triangles In between my four front teeth but I've always had them. So i understand how you feel. Please keep us updated on what you decide to do.[/quote]

Recession - receding gum line (root exposure)
Black triangle - gap between teeth (bone loss)

Are you considering to treat the black triangles?

Stephskare

#4 Post by Stephskare »

They have always bothered me. My original ortho, back when I had traditional braces, said they couldn't be fixed because my teeth are really rounded at the gun line so they will never close the gaps. Or if they did close the gaps by pushing the top of my teeth together then the bottom of my teeth would be separated if that makes sense. Anywho my invisalign ortho said he can close them a little more then they are now by straightening my teeth but after that I haven't really given much thought. To be honest I didn't know of any other options such as gum grafting or bonding. I thought I would just have to deal with it.

#5 Post by 33333 »

[quote="Stephskare"]They have always bothered me. My original ortho, back when I had traditional braces, said they couldn't be fixed because my teeth are really rounded at the gun line so they will never close the gaps. Or if they did close the gaps by pushing the top of my teeth together then the bottom of my teeth would be separated if that makes sense. Anywho my invisalign ortho said he can close them a little more then they are now by straightening my teeth but after that I haven't really given much thought. To be honest I didn't know of any other options such as gum grafting or bonding. I thought I would just have to deal with it.[/quote]

This might help you:

triple w dot youtube dot com/watch?v=yFO69rZmmZo

triple w dot youtube dot com/watch?v=qrYxXZI8pKM

#6 Post by 33333 »

Black triangle treatment.

http://www.dentistrytoday.com/restorati ... glesq-case

Has anyone tried this?